Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Zack Kassian + 5th round pick for Brandon Prust (Mod Warning post #890)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Wow the guy starting baseless speculation as fact is telling me to back up a quote from burrows on french tv. Ok... Dont believe her, but then dont claim your baseless speculation is a fact. Thats the only reason I posted it since you were so sure of your own speculation.

Yep... people are simply drama queening out today. It's about par for the course. Too many people have their tinfoil hats on, and thinks this is a conspiracy, or that the Canucks faked Kassian's injury and on and on it goes. Those of us that don't jump on the "Hate Benning" bandwagon are called morons or blind. I can't handle it anymore so I'm out, it's too difficult to listen to all this crap because all I wanted was a reasonable discussion about this deal, some reasonable analysis. But people are too "worked up" right now, and emotions are too high, so logic is not present at the moment. That's fine though, things will cool down and in a couple of days maybe people will be able to reasonably discuss this trade in a more logical manner. Until then I am going to take a break.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
That's another thing, we're giving Kenins' spot to a spent chewed up 4th liner who Habs fans are saying is barely a NHL player at this point. So we lose a 24-year old top six powerforward for worse than nothing, lose cap space, lose a pick and hurt the development of two of our prospects with this trade.

but hey, at least we have our own farm team in Utica so we can give them prime development ice time down ther--we sent them home during the playoffs?!?!

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
That isn't a source. That is some random chick on twitter saying things. Habsgirl4life is not a valid news source. Get real, dude.

Burrows never said Kassian had tennis ball sized lumps on his back. And why in this ingenious and according to you logical theory of yours would tennis sized lumps on his back slip past doctors in the medical examination? Underplaying injury to increase trade value is stupid, unethical, and against NHL rules.

Okay buddy. See above post. Take it easy, I'm out. Maybe you should get some rest too.

The Jesus*

Okay buddy. See above post. Take it easy, I'm out. Maybe you should get some rest too.

No, I want to hear why a doctor compromising his medical license by misdiagnosing to increase trade value of a player is a more logical scenario than "Coach hates him. GM wants to trade him. Don't want him injured, dont want to publicly admit we're benching him, lets just put him on IR"

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Yep... people are simply drama queening out today. It's about par for the course. Too many people have their tinfoil hats on, and thinks this is a conspiracy, or that the Canucks faked Kassian's injury and on and on it goes. Those of us that don't jump on the "Hate Benning" bandwagon are called morons or blind. I can't handle it anymore so I'm out, it's too difficult to listen to all this crap because all I wanted was a reasonable discussion about this deal, some reasonable analysis. But people are too "worked up" right now, and emotions are too high, so logic is not present at the moment. That's fine though, things will cool down and in a couple of days maybe people will be able to reasonably discuss this trade in a more logical manner. Until then I am going to take a break.

I do understand why we all dislike the trade, what drives me insane is that particular poster stating he knows what was going on based on his conspiracy theory.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
That isn't a source. That is some random chick on twitter saying things. Habsgirl4life is not a valid news source. Get real, dude.

Burrows never said Kassian had tennis ball sized lumps on his back. And why in this ingenious and according to you logical theory of yours would tennis sized lumps on his back slip past doctors in the medical examination? Underplaying injury to increase trade value is stupid, unethical, and against NHL rules.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/07/01/kassian-est-un-joueur-a-risque---burrows

Use Google to translate if you don't understand French.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
No, I want to hear why a doctor compromising his medical license by misdiagnosing to increase trade value of a player is a more logical scenario than "Coach hates him. GM wants to trade him. Don't want him injured, dont want to publicly admit we're benching him, lets just put him on IR"

You do realize that misdiagnoses happen regardless of the implication of trades right? Do you not recall the Hodgson scenario?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
So what's the over/under on the terrible Prust extension Benning will surely sign? I'll say 3 years, 2.75

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Irfaan Gaffar ‏@sportsnetirf now

Benning says Kassian was too inconsistent on the ice and didn't want to get off-ice issues but said there's a "fine line of being a pro."

void

Jan 5, 2006

She's quoting a French interview. She's not "some random chick" either. She always attends post/pre game scrums and press conferences and posts quotes on her twitter account. Very legit, very accurate.

The Jesus*

You do realize that misdiagnoses happen regardless of the implication of trades right? Do you not recall the Hodgson scenario?

I've never said Kassian wasn't having back issues. I didn't say that when he was initially put on IR (I dont even think I was on the website then). I said he was kept off because they didnt want him playing and were going to trade him anyways. That he very well could have come back sooner.

If it was Henrik Sedin with the exact same medical condition, whatever it may be, you better believe he would have been back for the playoffs. That's all I'm saying. That's what I said months ago during the playoffs, and that's what I'm saying now.

I never said it was a complete fabrication. You all can think what you want, I'm right.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013

Sorry, until you have it translated professionally be a certified translator, and then have it notarized by a lawyer in Canada, it cannot possibly be considered as authentic. You must also get a notarized document from Burrows stating that he did indeed do the interview. After all, it could be someone disguising themselves as Alex Burrows!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist. Thanks for posting the source.

MISC*

Why must our management always kick players on the way out?

I don't want to get into his off ice behavior but I'll mention it. Not gonna elaborate though but it's something. Can't say what but it's not nothing. It's something.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Scouting report on Prust: Heart and soul guy who will give it all and cares about the teams he plays on, sticks up for teammates. Has lost a step in the last year or so, could just be a one off year, could be a possible decline. I didn't check how many times he fought this year but I believe it was less than usual.

I hope it works out for you guys, sorry to hear how upset you all are. I wouldn't be happy either. From what I understand Kassian isn't much to write home about either though, often inconsistent 24yr old who never really put it all together. Could be a trade both teams end up losing in a few years.

The 5th round pick is the most puzzling part, don't understand the logic there, but MB seems to find ways to get even more competent GM's to throw in picks in trades where it seemingly makes zero sense.

I hope for VAN's sake Prust performs, when he's on his game he can definitely be a fan favorite.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Guys, I know its hard because these topics are somewhat intertwined but please keep the Benning discussion to the appropriate threads. We don't need every topic turning into the same mega discussion. Discuss the trade here, not about how able or inept Benning is. Thanks.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Scouting report on Prust: Heart and soul guy who will give it all and cares about the teams he plays on, sticks up for teammates. Has lost a step in the last year or so, could just be a one off year, could be a possible decline. I didn't check how many times he fought this year but I believe it was less than usual.

I hope it works out for you guys, sorry to hear how upset you all are. I wouldn't be happy either. From what I understand Kassian isn't much to write home about either though, often inconsistent 24yr old who never really put it all together. Could be a trade both teams end up losing in a few years.

The 5th round pick is the most puzzling part, don't understand the logic there, but MB seems to find ways to get even more competent GM's to throw in picks in trades where it seemingly makes zero sense.

I hope for VAN's sake Prust performs, when he's on his game he can definitely be a fan favorite.

:laugh: I think the fan favourite thing went out the window when he found himself traded for Kassian. Fans here aren't going to forgive him for that.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

KASSIAN is great when he gets playing time.
Our coaches are stupid and want him to be a grinder, he's much better than that.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
They're still ahead of the game even if Kassian retires.

Clears up some cap space and they get a 5th round pick.

Zero risk.

not to mention that Brandon Prust is a marked man going forward with NHL referees according to Kerry Fraser. Like the Canucks need more of that!

The Canadiens were smart to dump Prust and get a young player with hands and size in Kassian. Jim Benning made another stupid decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad