Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Zack Kassian + 5th round pick for Brandon Prust (Mod Warning post #890)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
No, but I'm right about this.

They didn't lie. He does have back stiffness. So does 500 other NHLers, though.

So this is all one big conspiracy then? Like I said, Alexandre Burrows said in an interview that Kassian had huge tennis ball size lumps on his back. He must be in on it too!!! You honestly think Kassian and his agent just sat their while they devalued him? You think that having an "injured" player sitting on the sidelines is good for trade value? Kassian would have been telling all his teammates "I'm ready to play, healthy, the doc cleared me, but the Canucks won't let me". That wasn't the case. If anything, the Canucks were underplaying his injuries to trade him (saying he only had back stiffness when it was much more). I hope Montreal got him cleared by their doctor before the trade. If not, they may be in for a shock.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
This is so stupid on so many levels. Now the brut of physical play is getting put on Virtanen up front when he may or may not be a NHL player yet. Putting so much pressure on a kid who hasn't even sniffed the NHL yet is just a recipe for disaster. This is going to screw up his development to not be able to play behind Kassian until he gets his feet under him.

What!?! Prust, Dorsett and Kenins are all going to be key players for physical play. Virtanen is not going to be the only one relied on for this.

The Jesus*

So this is all one big conspiracy then? Like I said, Alexandre Burrows said in an interview that Kassian had huge tennis ball size lumps on his back. He must be in on it too!!! You honestly think Kassian and his agent just sat their while they devalued him? You think that having an "injured" player sitting on the sidelines is good for trade value? Kassian would have been telling all his teammates "I'm ready to play, healthy, the doc cleared me, but the Canucks won't let me". That wasn't the case. If anything, the Canucks were underplaying his injuries to trade him (saying he only had back stiffness when it was much more). I hope Montreal got him cleared by their doctor before the trade. If not, they may be in for a shock.

Got a source for the Burrows quote? Aside from Hockeygurl48271781 on twitter?

Medical exams are league mandated to be done prior to trades being finalized.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
And this is what kills me. On the Sedin line, what did he do? Score, that's what he did. But NOPE, have a seat. It's like as soon as someone actually saw snippets of him true potential, they ran screaming in the opposite direction. It beggars belief.

Also, holy ****ing ****, if he's not worth much then why trade him?! It's like Eddie Lack's deal. If he's worth more as a player to us than he is on the market, THEN KEEP HIM!

This isn't rocket science, people.

If there was any doubt, there isn't now Benning defenders.

The signs were there for a long time.

This is just the coup-de-grace. Like holy hell. Let's get younger. *Trades 24 year old with upside for 31 year old plug).*

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
What!?! Prust, Dorsett and Kenins are all going to be key players for physical play. Virtanen is not going to be the only one relied on for this.

I wasn't aware those three were moving off the fourth line or playing on the power play. By having only one big body in the top nine, defensemen can just key in on the 19-year old rookie.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
On the bright side, the last few days have really improved the speed of this tank to the point where I will probably spend most of next season following the draft thread exclusively.

Our decline combined with the meteoric rise of Edmonton and Calgary should have us easily in a top 10 position and possibly top 5.

That is pretty much where all my interests will lie next season, along with following our junior and AHL prospects.

Sure as hell have zero interest in actually watching Canucks games next year.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I wasn't aware those three were moving off the fourth line or playing on the power play. By having only one big body in the top nine, defensemen can just key in on the 19-year old rookie.

As well, not all three of those guys will probably be dressed for a game as well (Kenins being the odd man out - he'll only get in when Prust gets hurt).

Watch Horvat's progress......before Benning trades him.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I am not sure why we had to pay to give Kassian away.

That draft pick we gave away is really irking me.

Not only we give Kassian away, but give up futures. And take back cap space.

So we pay on all three fronts.

Wow did Montreal ever see us coming. Thought they were our friends over there.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
On the bright side, the last few days have really improved the speed of this tank to the point where I will probably spend most of next season following the draft thread exclusively.

Our decline combined with the meteoric rise of Edmonton and Calgary should have us easily in a top 10 position and possibly top 5.

That is pretty much where all my interests will lie next season, along with following our junior and AHL prospects.

What are the draft odds next season if we have a top 10 pick?
I'll be most interested in the young stars games just before pre-season and the WJC's but I'm an addict. I'll still follow every Canucks game.

The Jesus*

She quoted burrows on tva, you are familiar with the french tv outlet?

And I'm saying Burrows said no such thing. Bad reporting, blatant lying, misunderstanding. Whatever it was, I'm saying you're lying. You're the one making a positive statement, back it up with a source. Anyone can say anyone said anything and cite some unknown, wannabe news outlet as a source.

If Burrows said that, you should be able to prove it.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Got a source for the Burrows quote? Aside from Hockeygurl48271781 on twitter?

Medical exams are league mandated to be done prior to trades being finalized.

I don't speak French, and it was a French interview. Someone posted it on twitter: https://twitter.com/habsgirl4life/status/616322576860577793

I don't know the context. Someone in the comments says Burrows later joked that Kassian "Must have a bad mattress". Either way, it obviously shocked Burrows enough to comment on it. And I imagine Burrows is the type of guy who has seem some pretty horrendous stuff over his years. I doubt he is exaggerating when he says that Kassian literally had lumps the size of tennis balls in his back. That's not a normal healthy thing. One commenter says that Kassian needed a good massage therapist... yeah, right. Cause an RMT will fix those giant tennis ball size lumps right up.

Point is, Kassian clearly legitimately has some back issues COMBINED with his off-ice issues. We do not know how bad those issues are. So if this deal seems really bad to some people, then instead of thinking Benning is a mental case, why not think, "Wow... Kassian REALLY must have been bad for this deal to go through". Yet, people automatically jump to the conclusion that Benning must be loco. Is it not possible that there's much more we don't know? It's not like Benning made this deal in a dark room by himself. He obviously got input from Desjardins and other coaching staff, and they likely told him that Kassian wasn't going anywhere either.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
And I'm saying Burrows said no such thing. Bad reporting, blatant lying, misunderstanding. Whatever it was, I'm saying you're lying. You're the one making a positive statement, back it up with a source. Anyone can say anyone said anything and cite some unknown, wannabe news outlet as a source.

If Burrows said that, you should be able to prove it.

Wow the guy starting baseless speculation as fact is telling me to back up a quote from burrows on french tv. Ok... Dont believe her, but then dont claim your baseless speculation is a fact. Thats the only reason I posted it since you were so sure of your own speculation.

The Jesus*

I don't speak French, and it was a French interview. Someone posted it on twitter: https://twitter.com/habsgirl4life/status/616322576860577793

I don't know the context. Someone in the comments says Burrows later joked that Kassian "Must have a bad mattress". Either way, it obviously shocked Burrows enough to comment on it. And I imagine Burrows is the type of guy who has seem some pretty horrendous stuff over his years. I doubt he is exaggerating when he says that Kassian literally had lumps the size of tennis balls in his back. That's not a normal healthy thing. One commenter says that Kassian needed a good massage therapist... yeah, right. Cause an RMT will fix those giant tennis ball size lumps right up.

Point is, Kassian clearly legitimately has some back issues COMBINED with his off-ice issues. We do not know how bad those issues are. So if this deal seems really bad to some people, then instead of thinking Benning is a mental case, why not think, "Wow... Kassian REALLY must have been bad for this deal to go through". Yet, people automatically jump to the conclusion that Benning must be loco. Is it not possible that there's much more we don't know? It's not like Benning made this deal in a dark room by himself. He obviously got input from Desjardins and other coaching staff, and they likely told him that Kassian wasn't going anywhere either.

That isn't a source. That is some random chick on twitter saying things. Habsgirl4life is not a valid news source. Get real, dude.

Burrows never said Kassian had tennis ball sized lumps on his back. And why in this ingenious and according to you logical theory of yours would tennis sized lumps on his back slip past doctors in the medical examination? Underplaying injury to increase trade value is stupid, unethical, and against NHL rules.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
As well, not all three of those guys will probably be dressed for a game as well (Kenins being the odd man out - he'll only get in when Prust gets hurt).

Watch Horvat's progress......before Benning trades him.

That's another thing, we're giving Kenins' spot to a spent chewed up 4th liner who Habs fans are saying is barely a NHL player at this point. So we lose a 24-year old top six powerforward for worse than nothing, lose cap space, lose a pick and hurt the development of two of our prospects with this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad