Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Dale Weise for Raphael Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Ryan White sticks up for his teammates. Every time you see White he's usually having a ball with his teammates. He always gives 110%.

Weise will fight, but he's basically like last years Travis Moen. Floats, fights here and there, scores a few points.

So you think Weise is better than Prust? ... Considering Moen has outplayed Prust by a fair margin this year.

I just don't understand your point, your point, you think White is more respected by his teamate than Weise who haven't even landed in Montreal? Because White fights more? I'm pretty sure Moen is way more respected than White in the dressing room and he doesn't fight as much as White.

I really don't get your point.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
I can't believe how bad the habs brass were at managing Diaz's value in the last couple weeks. I really feel like Diaz could've fetched a way better reward.

I have 0 doubt that Diaz will have a way better career than Weise and I seriously doubt people comparing him to Weber even watch the games. Diaz is a smart player with good puck moving skills and a decent defensive game.

I know this is pretty much overreacting but I'm worried with Bergevin managing this team. He already has made a few questionable moves and I can't help but wonder if he really is a smart hockey man. Now obviously this trade is minor and probably won't hurt the team long term but I just have this gut feeling that he'll end up screwing up with one of our core pieces

The only thing Diaz could fetch is a cold lol:laugh: No value replaced by Nathan B good bye

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Weise is a more physical version of Bourque - has more points in half the ice time, makes $2.5MM less and is a controllable RFA- he's exactly the type of player you have on your 3rd/4th line that allows us to spend more where it counts in the Top 6

Is it a plan the parade trade? Obviously not but can't see it really hurting us

Diaz wasn't playing and might've fetched a 3rd at best that would be 5 years away if they ever made it + now I can sleep better knowing we aren't re-signing Diaz and Beaulieu is staying up

Now dump Rene for PAP and it will be a good day

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You must be kidding right? Moen has been decent defensively, on the pk but offensively, he has 1 goal. :amazed: I know its not his role to score but Im tired of him being promoted in the top 6.
I more-so meant before the Galchenyuk injury. His promotions suck and I hate our coaches for them. He should strictly be a bottom-6 guy.

Weise will likely push Bourque out of the lineup.
If people think Bourque is lazy, they're going to love Weise. :laugh:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Murray fitting more of a need than Diaz if laughable. Non NHL calibre defencemen isn't an actual need for any team in this league.

Nucks needed a defencemen till the injured player come back, he's gonna be a NHL caliber player for three more weeks.

Oh you were talking about Doug "NHL caliber player" Murray? Then i must point out that your analysis is wrong sir.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I just don't understand your point, your point, you think White is more respected by his teamate than Weise who haven't even landed in Montreal? Because White fights more? I'm pretty sure Moen is way more respected than White in the dressing room and he doesn't fight as much as White.

I really don't get your point.
I more-so meant in general, obviously. Seriously, how could you think I meant that Weise has already played in Montreal. :facepalm:

Weise is a FOURTH LINE FLOATER.

Remember Jan Bulis... who thought he was a 2nd liner? That's Weise... except Weise is about half the player Bulis was.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Murray is terrible, diaz isn't.

In fact, if the plan was to trade Diaz from the beginning, why the hell Therrien wasn't instructed to give Diaz all the easy minutes that Murray was (and still is) getting?

Look guys, Murray is getting the easiest minutes on this team and he's just doing very bad overall. If you're looking to make a trade, these minutes are valuable, you give them to the guy you want to trade and hope he makes something out of it. Worse case scenario, it doesn't work out and confirms that you need to get rid of Diaz. Best case scenario: he does better than Murray (very likely) AND you increase his trade value.

Not very clever from our management (Bergevin AND Therrien).

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
What I feared most.

The move is all smoke and mirrors, like Murray and Parros.

As long as the Habs get bigger, even if not getting better, fans are happy.

We need a few more players to keep the pressbox warm. So far, Bergevin has signed or traded for a few in Boullion/Briere/Parros/Murray. I'm sure there's one I'm missing. If we can keep the pressbox warm, we'll win more games. Weise helps us there. :handclap:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I more-so meant before the Galchenyuk injury. His promotions suck and I hate our coaches for them. He should strictly be a bottom-6 guy.

If people think Bourque is lazy, they're going to love Weise. :laugh:

And Torts thought Weise wasn't physical enough, wait till he sees Diaz go in a corner, that's gonna be good TV!

john_tortorella-300x300.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nucks needed a defencemen till the injured player come back, he's gonna be a NHL caliber player for three more weeks.

Oh you were talking about Doug "NHL caliber player" Murray? Then i must point out that your analysis is wrong sir.
I watch the Canucks a lot. They're my second favourite team and my best friend's favourite.

Diaz will be in their Top-6 heading into playoffs. Stanton will likely be seeing the pressbox with Weber.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And Torts thought Weise wasn't physical enough, wait till he sees Diaz go in a corner, that's gonna be good TV!

john_tortorella-300x300.jpg
Weise's roll was to be physical.

Diaz's role is to play defense and block shots. He's blocked 100 shots this year (Top-20 in the NHL last I checked) with limited minutes. Torts will love him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I stuck up for Desharnais contract because I like DD. But in the back of my head, I thought we overpaid.

Unless I'm forgetting something - that's Bergevin's best move. :facepalm: :laugh:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Weise has played a grand total of 11 seconds on the pk all year long. Compared to Moens 123.23.

Moen also wins fights.

Weise is faster and likely better offensively. He's already better offensively than Diaz.

Don't know unless you give him a chance. How much PK time did Moen get at 25? Weiss has won some fights. He's not a heavyweight, and neither is Moen. Whatever Weise lacks is made up for in the more than $1 million difference in salary. If he can come in and fit, I think he makes Moen expendable.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I watch the Canucks a lot. They're my second favourite team and my best friend's favourite.

Diaz will be in their Top-6 heading into playoffs. Stanton will likely be seeing the pressbox with Weber.

Actually i think you could be right, but during the playoff Torts won't tolerate DIaz for long.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Weise will likely push Bourque out of the lineup.

I`m almost as big of a Bourque detractor as you`ll find on our board, and this is me saying: nope.jpg. You guys really aren`t prepared for how NOT good Weise is, nor that moment next year when he`s let go for nothing at the end of the year (can be claimed with a Q.O. offer sheet that would result in getting no RFA compensation, no less), and we`re left with neither Diaz NOR Weise. A pick that`s 5 years away would have been a better turn than adding another (highly useless) bottom 6 grinder to the team that will take Therrien another 5 years to figure out.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
except Torts is not dumbass and knows how to use it's players properly.

"Ok guys, when you see that Raphi is going in a corner i want you to leave you position and go in the corner instead of Raphi."

That's what i call coaching.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
He has the most offensively-slanted ratio of offensive-to-defensive faceoffs on the team and is the defenseman who faces the weakest competition (or 2nd-weakest to Beaulieu depending on the metric), and is the Habs' worst possession defenseman despite this.

Look here for the numbers: http://www.extraskater.com/team/montreal-canadiens/2013

Look especially at the player usage chart. To the right is more sheltered zonally, towards the bottom is more sheltered in terms of opponents. That giant dark red bubble at the bottom right is Murray, getting run over in soft minutes. Notice where Diaz is, comparatively.

Also on this page, charts showing the freefall of the Habs' possession game over the year. They've been bad since November and progressively getting worse.

I can't believe that the habs brass can''t grasp that inserting murray into the lineup has directly correlated with their slip in play and the standings. We were a much better team without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad