Confirmed Trade: [VAN/LAK] Tyler Toffoli for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd, cond. 2022 4th (if Toffoli signs)

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Sure you could definitely make the argument but don't think it changes much regardless. I could have also said Yamamoto is better than Miller/RNH but that would be premature (he's trending that way)
What is this junk?? JT Miller is 50 times better than Yamamoto. He’s on pace for freaking 80 points. Yamamoto doesn’t come close to JT Miller at all. Terrible take

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Lmao this is so freaking biased it’s incredible.

Try this instead:

Mcdavid
Drai
Pettersson
Horvat
Boeser
Nuge/Miller
Toffoli

Hughes
Tanev
Klefbom
Nurse/Edler
Bear
Larsson
Myers

"So biased its incredible"

- Goes on to move Horvat one spot higher to above Nuge/Miller = sure? I disagree but you can have that take it's close between all 3
- Included Boeser (I did not since he's gone for the year and context was about this season's playoff push)
- Moves Tanev to 2nd above Klef (this seems biased to me)

That was a big change damn! Calm down.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

- Goes on to move Horvat one spot higher to above Nuge/Miller = sure? I disagree but you can have that take it's close between all 3
- Included Boeser (I did not since he's gone for the year and context was about this season's playoff push)

How did this even derail to this? Calm down man.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Interesting take based on the way the two teams have been playing since Jan. 1. Canucks have been downright bad and are getting carried by Marky while Edmonton is beating top end teams and actually outplaying them yet you like your chances more? McDavid on that 1st line by himself is better than your 1st line and our 2nd line is better than your 1st line so that makes up for a mediocre bottom 6 (a bottom 6 that is playing better than yours at the moment).

Forwards:
McDavid
Draisatl
EP
RNH~Miller
Horvat
Yamamoto
Toffoli

Defense:
Hughes
Klef
Nurse
Edler
Bear
Tanev
Larsson
Myers

I see a much better forward group, and a very comparable defensive group.

That’s a very homerish assessment. Lol.

McD
drai
Petey
Miller
Horvat
Boeser
Rnh
Toffoli
Yamawho?

Hughes
Klef
Edler
Tanev
Blah blah blah.

Edmonton has two players better than the Canucks whole roster. but the Canucks have more uper level players and more depth in the lineup.

Not to mention their backup Demko is better than both Edmonton goalies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It started with a discussion on the trade (aka the Canucks getting fleeced) and one of your boys decided to say how he thinks the Oilers will miss the playoffs while you guys win the Pacific so let's calm down a bit and get some context. Also, go check any Oiler thread and you'll realize why this is a silly post.
Actually it started with one of your boys saying the Canucks would miss the playoffs and me responding to that post.
Perhaps you jumped in to the middle of the discussion and got too defensive.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Friedman's take on this in 31 Thoughts makes sense. In part, the future is uncertain, why not take a shot right now?

There's no guarantee the Canucks will be any better or injury-free next season or the season after that. Right now, Benning knows what he has and it sends a strong message to his players.

Friedman loves to cast doubts on the canucks at every opportunity

Vancouver isn't rebuilt yet, and shouldn't be giving away futures for players leaving their prime.

although I thought we paid a huge price we didn't give away futures, as there are only so many roster spots available, vs the percentage of players drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round making the NHL vs them trying to crack our roster in the future, also considering how long it will take for those players to actually make the NHL. Benning is comfortable, with now Having Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind, in our pipeline. Star players is Pettersson, Hughes, followed by the cast of Horvat and Boeser with important roles on the team, now we have our depth players in rising Virtanen Gaudette up the pipe line. We still have Hoglander Podkolzin Kole Lind, who all 3 top 6 skill set is not out of the question even. High price to pay yes, but disagree on our entire future is screwed opinion.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Please take the oil-canuck dickmeasuring to another forum, trying to get opinions on this trade, yeesh

personally i think it all hinges on whether he re-signs. His stock is lower than his pedigree and his boy Tanner is there, so decent shot at fair value w him in a new deal. If not, canucks lose the trade.
Was listening toBarnaby on SiriusXM, he was going on about how important to send a message when season is going well, rewarding players and fans with a vote of support ...non-nhlers less likely to realize, but guys in the room appreciate it. Thought it was an interesting angle. And again, if the Canucks blow a cup chance with this core, it aint gonna be cuz of Madden and a 2nd.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Am I crazy or has Bo Horvat only played in 6 playoff games during 1 run? What multiple occasions are you talking about?

He was named MVP for the OHL playoffs in 2013 (right before the draft).
In his rookie NHL season, his regular season PPG was 0.37 and his playoffs PPG was 0.67, basically double the output. He has an extra gear for the playoffs.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

You’re not including depth, which ours is 100X better than yours.

Pearson, Gaudette, Roussel, Virtanen, Sutter, Beagle, Etc is a much better bottom six than what you have..

Anyone, this trade is excellent for both sides. People are obsessed with prospects and always plan for “the future” and always bash win now moves. Getting a top 6 forward in his prime is good, it’s not like we mortgaged our whole future for a playoff run, my God.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Please take the oil-canuck dickmeasuring to another forum, trying to get opinions on this trade, yeesh

personally i think it all hinges on whether he re-signs. His stock is lower than his pedigree and his boy Tanner is there, so decent shot at fair value w him in a new deal. If not, canucks lose the trade.
Was listening toBarnaby on SiriusXM, he was going on about how important to send a message when season is going well, rewarding players and fans with a vote of support ...non-nhlers less likely to realize, but guys in the room appreciate it. Thought it was an interesting angle. And again, if the Canucks blow a cup chance with this core, it aint gonna be cuz of Madden and a 2nd.

Well said, i agree with all of this and as a Canuck fan i appreciate the deal as well. This is a really good group of players and with the injury developments things could easily gone off the rails. Toffoli will help tremendously but doesn't make us better with Boeser out. If Brock comes back and we can remain healthy our top3 lines are really really good.

LA did well and if Van can somehow move a bunch of bad contracts this off season and re sign Toffoli they paid a fair price for a really good veteran scorer. Win win

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Toffoli will help. No only with his familiarity with Pearson . but he does well in the playoffs and brings some more playoff experience.
I think both the Canucks and Kings did well in this trade.

Lil

Feb 13, 2016
Gotham
Interesting take based on the way the two teams have been playing since Jan. 1. Canucks have been downright bad and are getting carried by Marky while Edmonton is beating top end teams and actually outplaying them yet you like your chances more? McDavid on that 1st line by himself is better than your 1st line and our 2nd line is better than your 1st line so that makes up for a mediocre bottom 6 (a bottom 6 that is playing better than yours at the moment).

Forwards:
McDavid
Draisatl
EP
RNH~Miller
Horvat
Yamamoto
Toffoli

Defense:
Hughes
Klef
Nurse
Edler
Bear
Tanev
Larsson
Myers

Much better forward group? Besides two players, you have no one. Remind you of a team? Oh yeah the Tampa Bay chokers last year. Canucks have multiple players with 40+ points already. Take out Petey and Miller, still multiple.

Comparable D group? When did Edmonton get a superstar defenceman? When did Edmonton get a veteran defenceman with 65 playoff games played?

Klefwhatever, diving nurse are jokes. Petey will spin circles around them in a 7 game series (though I doubt it would last more than 4 games) and then spank them. Don't let Tippett's lucky season one run distract you from the fact you are going to be a bottom feeder for the last 5 years. Enjoy this while it lasts, because it surely won't. I'll keep you updated on how the top of league feels, like Nucks fans did from 2008-2013.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Toffoli will help. No only with his familiarity with Pearson . but he does well in the playoffs and brings some more playoff experience.
I think both the Canucks and Kings did well in this trade.

Agree. I couldn't be more fair than that. No reason for trying do declare winners or losers, it's as even as it gets

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Forwards:
McDavid
Draisatl
EP
RNH~Miller
Horvat
Yamamoto
Toffoli

Defense:
Hughes
Klef
Nurse
Edler
Bear
Tanev
Larsson
Myers

The Oilers on the other hand have 3 players with at least 40 points. And we just picked up Toffoli who should hit 40 points fairly soon. Not sure how you can say the Oilers have better forward depth.

Reactions: nucksauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad