Proposal: Van - Det

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Van to Det : Adam Guadette
Jake Virtanen
Rights to Trymankin
2nd

Det to Van: Anthony Mantha
Far too little coming to the Red Wings. Detroit wants offensive prospects and this discussion would need to include players like Podkolzin or Hoglander etc.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Far too little coming to the Red Wings. Detroit wants offensive prospects and this discussion would need to include players like Podkolzin or Hoglander etc.

Anddddd that's exactly why we don't make good trading partners, your not giving up Mantha for such a dogshit return and were not giving up either of our two best young players. ahhh well.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Hahahaha no

Are you kidding us? Why would Detroit retain on a reasonable contract? Mantha for 3 years at $5,700,000 is a steal if it weren't for his injuries and Covid. Mantha could be easily making closer to $7,500,000 to $8,000,000 per season right now. We're definitely not retaining on Mantha for this current offer by the OP.

51BD7FB5-CE8C-48D4-AA57-5B8CF7784B8A.gif

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Are the rights to Trymankin worth anything? Like has there been any word on if he plans on returning to the NHL? Would he really be interested in playing for one of the worst teams in the league? I mean I guess he'd get decent ice time on Detroit considering their blue line situation so maybe.

Anyways this is horrible for Vancouver, change the 2nd to a 1st and you might be on to something.
trymankin has zero value. you can't simply make up names and expect to get top line talent back.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I'll make it easy: you want Mantha from Detroit, then it's going to cost a 1st. Or a comparable prospect. Too rich? Sure, but that's the cost of doing business. Mantha will not be sold off for a bag of pucks.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'll make it easy: you want Mantha from Detroit, then it's going to cost a 1st. Or a comparable prospect. Too rich? Sure, but that's the cost of doing business. Mantha will not be sold off for a bag of pucks.

I'd be fine with a first as a returning piece, or centerpiece.

We'd have to include a bag of pucks of some kind though, in part due to cap and roster considerations, but a first is a fair ask.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Another fan of a team trying to get rid of there garbage

Gaudette is definitely not garbage.

Tryamkin is not garbage (though his rights have very little trade value, sure).

Virtanen, with his current contract and level of play this season, has very little to no trade value. But he was good last season—a change of scenery might yield good results.

The OP’s proposal is garbage. The assets aren’t. Distinguish the difference.

Reactions: bh53

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Gaudette is definitely not garbage.

Tryamkin is not garbage (though his rights have very little trade value, sure).

Virtanen, with his current contract and level of play this season, has very little to no trade value. But he was good last season—a change of scenery might yield good results.

The OP’s proposal is garbage. The assets aren’t. Distinguish the difference.
You're funny

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
When fans of any team put the same players in trades over and over I consider them garbage. Not just Canucks fans but fans of all teams

Canucks fans don’t want to trade Gaudette and Tryamkin—they’re being put in proposals constantly because there are credible rumours the Canucks have made Gaudette and Virtanen available.

Virtanen is a different story—he’s checked out on this team after a promising season last year.

Most would like to keep Gaudette and use him as a winger. He’s not being utilized properly.

I don’t consider contributing young players garbage. The proposal is though.

Reactions: bh53

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Canucks fans don’t want to trade Gaudette and Tryamkin—they’re being put in proposals constantly because there are credible rumours the Canucks have made Gaudette and Virtanen available.

Virtanen is a different story—he’s checked out on this team after a promising season last year.

Most would like to keep Gaudette and use him as a winger. He’s not being utilized properly.

I don’t consider contributing young players garbage. The proposal is though.
I read through GDT of many teams and I see lots of Canucks fans saying get rid of Gaudette. I will say I don't know about the other player but will sayuntil someone proves themselves in the NHL they are just another hockey player which fans HOPE will make it

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Are the rights to Trymankin worth anything? Like has there been any word on if he plans on returning to the NHL? Would he really be interested in playing for one of the worst teams in the league? I mean I guess he'd get decent ice time on Detroit considering their blue line situation so maybe.

Anyways this is horrible for Vancouver, change the 2nd to a 1st and you might be on to something.

Tryamkin was going to sign at the end of last season but the Canucks had no cap room and then covid happened. I think there is still strong interest from Tryamkin to play in the NHL. I could see hime signing with Van when his season KHL season is over.

Here is a link to the article at the end of last year:
Nyet yet Canucks, Nikita Tryamkin is staying in Russia | The Province

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Why do the people who can't spell the names correctly make the worst proposals?

Which name?

Trymankin is a future star. Plays every position, good for 50 goals, 400 hits and 400 blocked shots, immense defensive play, and will have the best GAA and SV% in history, mark my words. I hesitate to trade him, but his controversial history in Vancouver makes me understand his contract hold out. Still GOAT though.

Not to be confused with Tryamkin, who had difficulties acclimatizing to North America as a rookie, headed home, expressed intent to return, then we all got blindsided by Covid when the KHL season was over. His value is nil until he returns, which I hope is soon after the KHL season ends, but is more likely after Covid is over.

Totally different guy.

Reactions: Christina Woloski

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Tryamkin was going to sign at the end of last season but the Canucks had no cap room and then covid happened. I think there is still strong interest from Tryamkin to play in the NHL. I could see hime signing with Van when his season KHL season is over.

Here is a link to the article at the end of last year:
Nyet yet Canucks, Nikita Tryamkin is staying in Russia | The Province

Sure, but until he shows he developed in KHL, he isn't worth anything more than a 4th, 5th rounder. Not much. He played okay as a 3rd pairing dman with size, but his equivalent is pretty much available for free, so he shouldn't be included as a significant piece in trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad