Proposal: Van - Det

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
As I said, Detroit can take on spare parts (see: Stall, Marc) and has a ton of cap space now and in the future, so from that angle there could be a deal to be made, but spare parts all packaged together will not get Mantha. He's too crucial to the Wings as of present to not get a compelling piece coming back the other way. So that would be a first the next two years, Hoglander, Podkolzin, etc, stuff that the Canucks should not be moving. Both teams likely balk at that idea so I don't really see that as an option.

One deal that I offered on this board this past summer was Demko+Eriksson for a 2nd (a late 2nd) and that had an okay reaction from some Nucks fans. This was before everything with FA went down, but that's the basic formula I could see a deal being reached here. Detroit takes on some bad contract without retention and Vancouver attaches some prospect or young player. What Vancouver gets back from Detroit depends on the player they attach.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'll make it easy: you want Mantha from Detroit, then it's going to cost a 1st. Or a comparable prospect. Too rich? Sure, but that's the cost of doing business. Mantha will not be sold off for a bag of pucks.

Id be fine with offering a 1st, but I have a feeling we’re going to start seeing values drop, and potentially less trades as a result, as a result of the flat cap. Any player making big money, and is even slightly underperforming, is going to hold very little value.

I could be wrong, I guess we’ll see, but not many teams have the cap space for something like this. I’d happily trade a 1st for Mantha if DET would take equal salary back in fairly unattractive but short term contracts.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Id be fine with offering a 1st, but I have a feeling we’re going to start seeing values drop, and potentially less trades as a result, as a result of the flat cap. Any player making big money, and is even slightly underperforming, is going to hold very little value.

I could be wrong, I guess we’ll see, but not many teams have the cap space for something like this. I’d happily trade a 1st for Mantha if DET would take equal salary back in fairly unattractive but short term contracts.
It sucks that Benning, like Holland, gave out NTCs like candy, as it makes some trades much harder. The only way I could see Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle waiving their NTC to come to Detroit is if there is either a handshake agreement on icetime or if it is to be bought out. That said, if it is in an off-season move then Detroit could take on all three in their quest to tank for Wright. We have plenty of roster spots available for next year and will be $45M under the cap. Would Vancouver give up a 1st if all three agreed to come to Detroit, with no retention?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
It sucks that Benning, like Holland, gave out NTCs like candy, as it makes some trades much harder. The only way I could see Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle waiving their NTC to come to Detroit is if there is either a handshake agreement on icetime or if it is to be bought out. That said, if it is in an off-season move then Detroit could take on all three in their quest to tank for Wright. We have plenty of roster spots available for next year and will be $45M under the cap. Would Vancouver give up a 1st if all three agreed to come to Detroit, with no retention?

I’d give up a 1st to get rid of those three players without thinking twice.

The only player who has a modified NTC is Eriksson where he can block a trade to 15 teams. He might be okay going to Detroit, he’d actually get playing time.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Thats a LOT going Detroit's way here. If they add a 2nd maybe 2 3rds or a d prospect Id do it

That is a lot.............................of garbage coming to Detroit. Virtanen has next to no value, and Tryamkin's rights have literally no value at all. A mid-low 2nd round pick and Adam Gaudette who currently has 2 goals in 18 games and a -9 while playing on a better team than the Wings, would likely be a nightmare on our team, is now the rest of the trade and no way Steve touches that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->