Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CAR] Canucks acquire 2015 3rd (66TH OA), 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
That average backup outplayed 2 Olympian goaltenders in Luongo and Miller. My only hope is that Markstrom develops so well that we forget about the numerous goalies we've dealt

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Well you're more optimistic than me, I don't even see us on a road to anything right now.

We're on a road, but unfortunately it leads to a dead end. And it's an unpaved road. It's going to be a bumpy ride to nothing.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Benning shot himself in the foot with the 3 year Miller contract. Then after one season of watching both goalies play, he decided the best decision was to blow off the other foot. I guess Markstrom is the discount wheelchair in my little scenario.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That average backup outplayed 2 Olympian goaltenders in Luongo and Miller. My only hope is that Markstrom develops so well that we forget about the numerous goalies we've dealt

If Markstrom develops it doesn't really change the fact that he could have developed as Lack's backup instead of Miller. Then if we have a situation with two starters again Markstroms question marks are gone adn Lack is established as a starter and probably not an upcoming UFA.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Vancouver is known as a goalie-graveyard for a reason. Becoming a Vancouver goalie is pretty much asking for suicide on yourself.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think this is dumb.

Miller is a washed up sack of **** and no doubt in my mind a bottom 5-7 starter in the league at this current time. Not to mention he stole game 6 for the Flames and pretty much the entire series for the Blackhawks when he was with the Blues. He hasn't been any good since he left Buffalo.

Shipping off Lack was a pretty bad move by this regime.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I think this is dumb.

Miller is a washed up sack of **** and no doubt in my mind a bottom 5-7 starter in the league at this current time. Not to mention he stole game 6 for the Flames and pretty much the entire series for the Blackhawks when he was with the Blues. He hasn't been any good since he left Buffalo.

Benning had been adamant that he would not move Miller.
He wants an experienced goalie.

Of course...
That contract makes Miller hard to move...
But since Benning was the one that gave that said contract...
He will have to stick with his guy.
As a result...
He has to move the younger, better goalie...
In hopes that Miller finds the fountain of youth...
And buck the trend for historical goalie declines.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I think this is dumb.

The saddest thing is that the Canucks still had Luongo we would have beaten Calgary. :\ lol

arsmaster*

They gave him away. A 3rd is not a good return at all.

This deal was all about UFA status and the horrendous contract that miller signed.

Carolina had multiple 4ths,5ths and 6ths as well. You'd think if a 3rd is the best pick you're getting you could pry some more picks out of them.

I like brisebois but he's got a long way to go.

Hoping to be in the top end of the lottery next season and multiple 1sts. I think it's possible with vrbata, hamhuis and maybe bonino.

Don't trust the guy making the deals but he showed better this year with his picks.

Needs to get himself more for next year.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
They gave him away. A 3rd is not a good return at all.

This deal was all about UFA status and the horrendous contract that miller signed.

Carolina had multiple 4ths,5ths and 6ths as well. You'd think if a 3rd is the best pick you're getting you could pry some more picks out of them.

I like brisebois but he's got a long way to go.

Hoping to be in the top end of the lottery next season and multiple 1sts. I think it's possible with vrbata, hamhuis and maybe bonino.

Don't trust the guy making the deals but he showed better this year with his picks.

Needs to get himself more for next year.

With the pick that the Canucks got being 9 spots later then what the Rangers got for Talbot, getting some combination of those picks would make it comparable trade but that didn't happen so it falls short.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Canucks traded their best goalie for a third round pick. Lack had a very good season last year and he should build on that.

Miller should have been the guy to go. If no one wanted him, very likely, and then trade Markstrom for a 5th rounder or something like that. Keep Lack, sign him next year and then somehow get rid of Miller or just make him sit on the bench.

If Markstrom does not work out, the Nucks will have to find another goalie in about a year.

If we need to find another goalie in a year for whatever reason, there will be plenty there just like there was this year....there was literally 5 goalies like him available....plus he will be a UFA.

A petition can be started to sign him then.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
If we need to find another goalie in a year for whatever reason, there will be plenty there just like there was this year....there was literally 5 goalies like him available....plus he will be a UFA.

A petition can be started to sign him then.

Just because there were goalies available this year doesn't mean they will be the same amount available in 1-2 years.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Just because there were goalies available this year doesn't mean they will be the same amount available in 1-2 years.

Literally every year there are goalies available...we should know, we are usually trading one:)

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
I've been a Benning defender on this forum until this trade..The fact that he showed his cards in the return he was looking for I never saw Mike Gillis do..I still think its way to early to judge his moves but and Eddie Lack was a bit overrated on this board but telling through the media was he's looking for in return teams are just going to lowball him which they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad