Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CAR] Canucks acquire 2015 3rd (66TH OA), 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Or the other scenario is that Miller goes down with another groin injury or a knee, and Markstrom is the 'go-to-guy', and unfortunately proves he can't play in the NHL....then at least Benning might get his wish, a top-10 pick in next year's draft...or maybe he trades for Lack at the deadline, and he comes in for another late-season rescue mission:help:

...even better. He trades for Lack offering a 2nd and 3rd in 2016

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
the biggest transition for lack may be the attention he won't receive down here.

soon after the trade happened, 1040 was all over the main players getting reactions on-air.

not down here. have hardly heard a peep.

too many other sports/teams competing for the front page.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Lack is cheaper, younger and better then Miller... hahaha

JB is running this team in the ground

****ing idiot

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Not even close.

Still, based on this return, I would have been just as happy keeping Lack and losing Markstrom.

Worst one since before Quinn IMO. I was too young before Quinn to give proper context but for my memory I haven't seen someone lose every trade this bad.

offbeatgravy

Mar 18, 2013
Kelowna
What a terrible return, I didn't like the Miller signing when it happened because of this scenario. Trading a better, younger goalie because we handcuffed ourselves.....again.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Worst one since before Quinn IMO. I was too young before Quinn to give proper context but for my memory I haven't seen someone lose every trade this bad.

Well young man, let me share this story about the time a fellow by the name of Jack Gordon traded the first ever Canucks drafted Hall of Famer.......

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Horrible value, think im going to pay a lot less attention to the team until we change management group. Haven't agreed with most decisions he has made (except for players he drafted, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt there). Realistically he should be a head scout and not a GM.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Horrible value, think im going to pay a lot less attention to the team until we change management group. Haven't agreed with most decisions he has made (except for players he drafted, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt there). Realistically he should be a head scout and not a GM.

i wish we drafted Konecny but I'll wait and see how Boeser develops

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

I am old enough and I can tell you it was worse in the Jack Gordon and Jake Milford days. Barry Pederson for Cam Neely, the worst trade in Canuck history.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Nobody can convince me that markstrom couldnt have gotten a third. The value is so ficked but hey if thats the best offer jb got might as well take it. Being in the huge rush to trade a goalie and all.

corman

Aug 16, 2009
Where was the line up of gm's around the league knocking at Vancouver's door offering the moon for lack!? You are all whining like we just gave away the Second coming of Ken Dryden for nothing. Nobody stepped up to bat and offered a second round pick. Get over it, He is a great guy but outside of the Vancouver market, he was just another back up goalie on the trade market.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Where was the line up of gm's around the league knocking at Vancouver's door offering the moon for lack!? You are all whining like we just gave away the Second coming of Ken Dryden for nothing. Nobody stepped up to bat and offered a second round pick. Get over it, He is a great guy but outside of the Vancouver market, he was just another back up goalie on the trade market.
Actually a team did according the saint Linden.

Jack Gordon was the worst. Harry Neale and Jake Milford weren't much better.

There's a reason the Canucks hold the NHL record for most consecutive losing seasons (1976-1991)
Jake Milford had some dogs but he did get us Gradin, Brodeur, Bolderev, McCarthy, and Rota. Best of a medicore lot IMHO.

corman

Aug 16, 2009
Where was the gun to Benning's head forcing him to accept the 3rd for Lack?
The market is telling you that is all he is worth. Get over it, he was a average backup goalie. He isn't Carey Price, people need the step away from the ledge.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Actually a team did according the saint Linden.

yup love the gm lying to us and then the president saying otherwise. :laugh:
also didn't ask Bieksa to waive yet we somehow had asked him to waive and that he is a professional and it'll be fine.

Apparently Lack is just a backup goaltender that is worthless on the market. Yet we are afraid of having him in the division being used as a #1 for a rival.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
The market is telling you that is all he is worth. Get over it, he was a average backup goalie. He isn't Carey Price, people need the step away from the ledge.

you'll find out you are wrong in under a season. Keep drumming for the Benning bandwagon though.

and no i'm not saying he is carey price...

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
You know I was feeling down about this deal earlier, but the 7th rounder we got back is a nice silver lining.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

Obviously he's not Carey Price. If he was, he'd be returning a top-5 pick. If the market's only offering a 3rd round pick for Lack (which it wasn't - Linden said they were offered a 2nd), then why trade him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad