Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CAL] Canucks to acquire Lindholm (CAL) for Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz, Jurmo, 1st 2024, & Conditional 4th 2024

rickwiththe

Dec 13, 2018
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet..but EP40 is keen on playing for a winning team and he hates to lose. His initial years have been so and so with management. This sends another clear message that management isn't all talk, and are actually on board. This trade increases the chances of resigning EP by a considerable amount.

Also, I saw an interview where it was pointed out that Lindholm really hates losing..if you hate losing, that's a recipe you need to win a cup and to battle in a playoff with. It may sound insignificant but it can make a whole world of difference

Reactions: Indiana

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Seeing Sean Monahan go for a first makes me feel a lot better about what we paid for Elias Lindholm

Glad we got our guy
Holy shit bro, Vancouver given credit for a good trade.

winnipeg is being laughed at right now.

on top of that he openly said it be cool to be part of a trade.

sounds like he never wanted to play or sign with us.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
With Hunter B, there was a report over the summer that mostly got glossed over. Which is fair at the time but always stuck with me. Apparently the Canucks offered him a contract, same as Mynio, and he turned them down.
Ya Dhaliwal said this morning there was issues previously, reconnected in Jan and possible he could sign in the spring.

But given that dialogue and the kid didn't sign, not surprising they dealt him.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That Monahan valuation making me feel very good about the Lindholm once you factor in that we gained cap space this year and dumped 5.5MM for next.

I like that we set the market and forced other teams to also pony up if they want to play.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This was part of the reason why I was more open to dealing him. There was a weird amount of smoke.

The more we've gotten familiar with the prospect this season the more almost every single one of us was hoping that he'd be used as a trade chip at (hopefully) their peak value. In retrospect it was a bit of a curious pick in the first place?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The more we've gotten familiar with the prospect this season the more almost every single one of us was hoping that he'd be used as a trade chip at (hopefully) their peak value. In retrospect it was a bit of a curious pick in the first place?

He was a consensus 2nd rounder that fell. I'd be very interested to see if the Canucks were actually excited to take him or if there were others they were more enthusiastic about but went with best prospect available.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
He was a consensus 2nd rounder that fell. I'd be very interested to see if the Canucks were actually excited to take him or if there were others they were more enthusiastic about but went with best prospect available.
Brz was mentioned as a possible 1st early in the draft year so getting him that much later was great value.

But I think capitalizing now made sense.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
So, its pretty much confirmed that the future lineup will start with
Jt. MIller / Boeser on a line (big surprise)
Pettersson / Lindholm on a line

3rd line likely wont be touched. SO, who plays on the wings?
Based on how much Rick seems to like Suter, i suspect Suter with Jt. Miller and Mikheyev with Lindholm.

Suter. Miller. Boeser // Petey.Lindholm.Mik

what do you guys think of these?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So, its pretty much confirmed that the future lineup will start with
Jt. MIller / Boeser on a line (big surprise)
Pettersson / Lindholm on a line

3rd line likely wont be touched. SO, who plays on the wings?
Based on how much Rick seems to like Suter, i suspect Suter with Jt. Miller and Mikheyev with Lindholm.

Suter. Miller. Boeser // Petey.Lindholm.Mik

what do you guys think of these?
Still think there’s too much puck carrying responsibility placed on Petey, but if they’re playing against top lines I understand Mikh over Hog

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Their podcast is the same producers and set as Sekeres & Price...

Maybe it's just their YouTube segments where they look like a couple of hostages in the basement with no a/v equipment and $20 Chatroulette webcams. Can barely listen sometimes because the levels are so off on the mics sounds like one is whispering and the other has this booming mic val.

• Haha

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
With Hunter B, there was a report over the summer that mostly got glossed over. Which is fair at the time but always stuck with me. Apparently the Canucks offered him a contract, same as Mynio, and he turned them down.
I was pretty sure an OHL player would have to basically not play for a season to reach UFA status unless it was for a national program but my reading of the rules just now doesn't support that. As far as I can tell, if he doesn't sign a contract he will be a UFA in the summer of 2025 after his final year of junior eligibility as he turns 20 before Dec 31 and wouldn't be eligible for another draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad