Confirmed with Link: [VAN/BOS] Canucks acquire F Jack Studnicka for G Mikey DiPietro, D Jonathan Myrenberg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Bro, isn’t Myrenberg like our only right defense prospect

We’re allergic to the right side defense prospects

I guess a positive is we didn’t trade a frigan draft pick
Did he really have NHL upside? seemed like a real longshot.

Chances are this is a forgettable trade.

Small bonus point for freeing up a contract slot too

Edit: Myrenberg was unsigned apparently, so no bonus point for Allvin.

Last edited:

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Myrenberg will probably be nothing, but why give up on one of your best d prospects so early? Studnicka has some nice skill, but can’t skate and has shown nothing offensively at the NHL level. The added center depth is always nice I guess

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Myrenberg will probably be nothing, but why give up on one of your best d prospects so early? Studnicka has some nice skill, but can’t skate and has shown nothing offensively at the NHL level. The added center depth is always nice I guess
Because Jack has the potential to be a defensively sound 3C? Just look at Bruins' fans reaction to this deal.

Dipietro and Myrenberg are dime a dozen, nothing prospects that every team has in abundance.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bruins fan here. He can skate. He's got good IQ. But in all honesty he's never played a lot of games in a row in the NHL. Cassidy gave him limited minutes and the kid was always afraid to make a mistake cause he'd get benched. He looked good in training camp. He just needs time and opportunities.

I genuinely think he'll be a good player for you guys.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Really, they need depth at both AHL and NHL. Likely doesn’t magically turn into a NHL player but it gives them some organizational depth which is fine. Dipietro needed out and saying Myrenberg is one of their best D prospects is more a statement about the quality of the prospect pool rather than quality of player I think.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Bruins fan here. He can skate. He's got good IQ. But in all honesty he's never played a lot of games in a row in the NHL. Cassidy gave him limited minutes and the kid was always afraid to make a mistake cause he'd get benched. He looked good in training camp. He just needs time and opportunities.

Sounds like he's worth a gamble at this price then, no brainer mnove.

Off topic but damn didn't expect Marchand to return so early from surgery on both hips and then look so damn good in his return too. Especially at his age. Unreal.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017

I always came away with the impression that he was an ugly skater when I watched him, but maybe my eyes played tricks on me. That’s good to hear. Thanks for the info.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I always came away with the impression that he was an ugly skater when I watched him, but maybe my eyes played tricks on me. That’s good to hear. Thanks for the info.
i am always skeptical when people say that stuff because 95% of players are described as - at minimum - "decent skaters" at lower levels

unless you're like linus karlsson or brendan gaunce

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Off topic but damn didn't expect Marchand to return so early from surgery on both hips and then look so damn good in his return too. Especially at his age. Unreal.

None of us expected this. We were told by Thanksgiving. Then we heard Christmas. The fact that he's back so soon is insane to us all. He looks younger and faster.

I'll be keeping an eye out on Studnicka going forward for you guys. Treat him well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sting101

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I remember Studnicka from the 2019 WJCs where he and Dipietro were teammates but have zero grasp of his defensive/3-zone game at this point.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

It’s about 5 months I think about the same as Pasternak and Kucherov timeframes when they suited back up. Much quicker than Seguin. Not sure it matters too much one or both hips (having gone through the rehab myself for that surgery last year I can’t think of anything that would hinder having both done at once except for the initial lack of weight bearing for a few weeks. Though unlike old, fat me who needed to not snap the femoral head a more slight elite athlete likely was able to get to weight bearing much quicker).

Reactions: Nucker101

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Seems like nothing for nothing. Feel like you could get someone similar off waivers which the price reflects. Glad we didn’t burn a pick in this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad