Confirmed with Link: [VAN/ARI] Garland,OEL(12% retained) for 9th OA,2nd in 22,7th in 23,Beagle,Roussel,Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
When you look at what Toronto paid to get rid of 1 year (can’t remember what the salary was) of big salary, how much is getting rid of 1 year of 12 million in salary worth?

That is a bit different though because the Toronto deal involves a buyout. The team the Canucks dealt with got rid of real overall $$$ in the deal and a horrendous contract.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
Actually don't mind this in isolation. Garland is a huge inclusion, some salary retention and the dumps going the other way (this year only).

In the context of where we are at it feels a lot like more of the same. The cupboard should really not be this bare for a long time non-playoff team.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
No more Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson and Sutter. How can you not be happy as a fan that watched these overpaid plugs run around the ice.

Crazy how much cap space they cleared up

gWeyAIb.jpg

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Okay assume OEL rebounds, are we going try and be a playoff team with

Hughes
OEL
Rathbone

down the left side? That seems like an easy out when the games get rough. I assume we have at least the playoffs as the bar now.

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
This has Aqua all over it. They want to win now because the man who made his money as Vancouver's most notorious landlord is old. They want a cup now. Even if Podz is lights out this season it still doesn't cure the problems at right defence They have to move someone else to sign some RHD's. After this I am all for fire Benning, but clearly he isn't the problem. Bowman won the trading today at a high price but added a blue chip player, Vancouver did not and Chicago isn't going to be saddled with a bad contract for a player over 30.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
If Holtby and/or Schmidt arent moved for picks tommorow what do you try and get for them? would be kinda pointless to try and get 2022 picks(mainly for Schmidt) at that point.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If Holtby and/or Schmidt arent moved for picks tommorow what do you try and get for them? would be kinda pointless to try and get 2022 picks(mainly for Schmidt) at that point.

Holtby will be moved with picks, not for them. Or they get something bad in return.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Ugh

Miller EP Boeser
Hoglander Bo Garland
Pearson Dickinson Podz
Motte Highmore Mac

Hughes Myers?
OEL Rathbone?
Schmidt Juolevi?

I honestly have no idea how the defensive pairings will look. Neither does Jimbo.
Add Hamonic and the defence balances out.

Mac

Hughes - Hamonic
OEL - Schmidt
Rathbone - Myers

No traditional shutdown pairings, but that's 3 pairings that in my opinion are likely to have chemistry, and are able to defend by getting the puck out of the defensive zone after any offensive breakdown.

The forward group should also be hemmed into its own zone much less than the forwards last few seasons.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
i just love the idea that OEL might rebound....on one of the worst defensive teams in the league

what else can we hope for? that's the gamble, not one gamble I would take. But clearly the trade and more important the canucks future hinges on how well OEL plays.

Reactions: lousy

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
furthermore, Benning's track record of getting fixated on high draft pedigree Dmen is laughable. Sbisa, Gudbranson, Myers just kill me rn

Lol please tell me you're not comparing those 3 players to OEL.. Can't wait to pull up this thread when the Canucks have a good season next year.

The trade & rumour thread was a lot more enoyable to read than this one. That's for sure. :laugh:

Might be something like 95% hater to 5% optimistic people here.

Canucks simply can't be shit for another 2-3 years... or we will end up like CBJ and have everyone leave.

Reactions: lousy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad