Valiquette as the next GM or Coach of the New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pidto Files

Nov 8, 2019
JD was a company guy but he was great at that job. In those dark years there was alot to complain about, but you rarely see people employed by the team bashing players too hard. I dislike Michelletti because I find he rarely brings anything to the broadcast that you can't obviously see yourself. I kid but really I can already tell if it's been a long shift or the pkers are tired. This is where I think Valli would be better, breaking down a play or who missed coverage, but I think he's a littel too long winded to get his thoughts out before the play has moved on and he's talking over the play by play.

Which is exactly why Stevie V is perfect right where he is next to puck magnet Giannone.

Pidto Files

Nov 8, 2019
JD was a company guy but he was great at that job. In those dark years there was alot to complain about, but you rarely see people employed by the team bashing players too hard. I dislike Michelletti because I find he rarely brings anything to the broadcast that you can't obviously see yourself. I kid but really I can already tell if it's been a long shift or the pkers are tired. This is where I think Valli would be better, breaking down a play or who missed coverage, but I think he's a littel too long winded to get his thoughts out before the play has moved on and he's talking over the play by play.

Steve would also not help Sam with who is out on the ice either.. Joe does that flawlessly.. That’s no knock on Sam either he’s an MSG legend and rightfully so..

Pidto Files

Nov 8, 2019
He's one of the most fierce competitors in the history of the sport, he reminds me a lot of Rod Brind'amour; whose gone on to be an excellent coach. He loves New York. Hank is on that Crosby level of obsession with the game, who I think many also think will eventually be a coach. When the heart thing happened he kept posting about how hockey is still his life and how much he loves to compete, people have long said that he'll have a place in the Rangers organization for life. He is probably the most charismatic player in the history of hockey and I think he could really get a team fired up to win. He's intelligent, very well spoken, intense, passionate, and was some of the best preparedness and focus for clutch situations of any player ever.

I've seen some people suggest other front office roles like scout, etc but I think because of his competitive nature and wanting to be in the action, he'd want a coaching position. I'm not saying we go ahead and name him head coach out of nowhere without experience lol. Almost every single coach is a retired NHL player, I don't get the argument that Lundqvist is unqualified or doesn't have experience, he's not even retired as an NHL player yet. Obviously he doesn't have the experience yet. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking more with my heart than my head but I just can't see him not wanting to be in some coaching position and getting an opportunity to still lift the cup as a Ranger.

One other thing you left out Hank had no fear of being critical.. That man hates to lose.. I want that around my team..

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
I'd be down for Valiquette for the sole reason he's funny :) he would be gold in post game interviews. calling Marchand the rat and lemiux peppy after a dirty hit. Love this guy!

Reactions: Chytilmania

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Valiquette is incredibly arrogant for an 8th string goalie.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Gallant has had 3 coaching gigs. Without fail, he has been fired from all three before his third season is over. Twice before half a season has lasted. Once when his team was in first place. That is the definition of fishy. The Rangers have no need to hire a coach for two years just to go looking for one again.

He had alcohol issues but has since delt with it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
i actually think he would be a solid assistant coach, definitely not a managerial role like GM
Me too, but would also be okay with him being that "eye" in the sky. Maybe that would be first? Def needs to be behind the bench to learn.......but who would teach him? Lol. Shame Brooks passed away, he might still be behind the bench.

Someone needs to alert Vally that we are trying to run his life for him, planning his future. Then again, he probably already knows, wouldn't surprise me in the least, that he is here, reading and getting our opinions. Its called "keeping it real", and he is usually ahead of the curve, and on it....so to speak.

Maybe, he is just happy where he is. Seems to like the camera.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
U k
:laugh: Good one. This organization never ever is leading the pack with anything. My guess is that they will be the last team to jump on the analytics wagon in rougly 2037
You know, there is a reason as to why the word "anal" is the 1st part of the word, come to think of it "tics" as in "ticks"......putting them together breaks down to.........

"A BUG UP YOUR ASS"?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Is J.D. leaving or something? Where is this coming from? The guy just got here.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Is J.D. leaving or something? Where is this coming from? The guy just got here.

JD is neither GM or coach, this is not about JD leaving

OP is suggesting NYR should give hands-on control of the franchise to a guy who sounds smart, while talking on TV, about topics which he chose, and has prepared to discuss. He IS very good at that job.

IMHO Steve V has not earned that level of authority
Would prefer to not have the Peter Principle validated in NYR front office...

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
JD is neither GM or coach, this is not about JD leaving

OP is suggesting NYR should give hands-on control of the franchise to a guy who sounds smart, while talking on TV, about topics which he chose, and has prepared to discuss. He IS very good at that job.

IMHO Steve V has not earned that level of authority
Would prefer to not have the Peter Principle validated in NYR front office...

oh that’a right, J.D. is the President. Long week of work and weekend sports/kids/draft

i’m with the JG and just b/c a person speaks well on TV i’m not sure that qualifies him as GM. Doesn’t disqualify but i’m not sure he’s qualified. I want a veteran in that position and especially at this point of the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad