Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin agrees to 2-year deal with Dallas Stars. Deal will be announced on Jul 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Does this stop Dallas' search for scoring wingers? Or would they still be looking to add more?

Need a 2nd line left winger still pretty badly. Right wing isn't as much of a concern with Nichushkin coming back, but wouldn't hurt to look into acquiring another one.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Does this stop Dallas' search for scoring wingers? Or would they still be looking to add more?
I think most of us see Nuke as a depth scoring option with a slim chance to be top 6. Ideally we should add a top 6 winger as well but we might have to free up a roster spot with a trade to do that

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Happy to hear he will be back in the league. Wasn’t sure if he would ever play for the Stars again.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
He’s probably good for spot duty in the top 9. I can see him being on a top line with Seguin and Radulov if they decide to move Benn and their big acquisition (hoping Panarin) down the lineup to spread the wealth. I’m thinking maybe 35-40 points, and I’m good with that.

Is it safe to assume that Nill is out of a job if they miss the postseason next year?

That seems reasonable.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I know some people think this is a bit dumb but I think he slots in at 1 RW for us. He isnt close to what Rads is but he is better than any other RW we have. So unless we sign a very solid top6 RW then one of our not quite top 6 wingers will have to play top 6. With that in mind and how Nuke has played with Benn and Seguin before I think he slots in with them and Radulov gets to be the driving force on the 2nd line giving us some what of a 2 line threat.

This is more a testament to Radulovs ability to carry/drive a line by himself than Nuke being a top line winger.

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad