Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin agrees to 2-year deal with Dallas Stars. Deal will be announced on Jul 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
nice addition for Dallas, imo need 1-2 top 6 Fs so they're not so top line heavy, Val will help.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nuke v2.0

Let's see if he can rekindle the bromance with Seguin and Benn, that line was pretty solid in Nichushkin's rookie year. On the other hand, Radulov was better with them than Nuke ever was, so maybe don't rock the boat.

Either way, great to get some more young scoring depth on the wing. :yo:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well then I guess my next question is why wait to July 1 to officially announce it?

I don't know ? Ask that to people workin in Stars management. Maybe just want to announce all FA signings in one full swoop on the first official day of FA ?

Not sure if you're even allowed to officially announce FA signing before July 1st .

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I expect him to be a depth scoring guy, nothing more. 2nd or 3rd liner.

But that's exactly what Dallas was missing last season, from what I understand. They needed forward depth in the worst way. So congrats to Dallas.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Nice to see him go back there. I know there was uncertainty around him ever playing in the NHL again.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
40 points would be a miracle.

He accumulated points at a higher pace than that in a lower-scoring league, playing 2nd/3rd line minutes with less-skilled linemates. Gotta believe 40-45 points is far from miraculous if Nuke gets middle six minutes and power play time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
In terms of shot elevation, Ritchie is by far the superior player.

Yeah but he takes like a year to get his shot off so thats meaningless. Not to mention hitting and hard and accurate ( but really slow release ) shot is all Ritchie does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->