Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin agrees to 2-year deal with Dallas Stars. Deal will be announced on Jul 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
In terms of shot elevation, Ritchie is by far the superior player.

True, Ritchie also has a pretty strong “eh, boys?”/min rate that cant be easily replaced by a Russian-speaking player.

I have faith that Nill has already considered this problem and reached out to plenty of UFA traffic cones to fill Ritchie’s role.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A goalie coached by Chrissy Teigen would stop 100% of Nichushkin's shots.

True but he can still skate into the goal with the puck. Ritchie can't .

Also Janmark also has a terrible shot and still managed to score almost 20 goals.

What did Razor call Janmarks shot a "Squirt Gun" ? You don't need to have a good shot just know when to shoot your terrible shot.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Also Janmark also has a terrible shot and still managed to score almost 20 goals.

What did Razor call Janmarks shot a "Squirt Gun" ? You don't need to have a good shot just know when to shoot your terrible shot.
Nichushkin's shot doesn't leave the ice. "The Save" would just be called "The Typical Nichushkin Shot" if it had been him instead of Tuch. If you want to quote Razor, how about "You must elevate to accumulate"

Reactions: glovesave_35

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nichushkin's shot doesn't leave the ice. "The Save" would just be called "The Typical Nichushkin Shot" if it had been him instead of Tuch. If you want to quote Razor, how about "You must elevate to accumulate"

Still a better player than Ritchie . Not exactly a high bar but better is better. Unless i want someone for a hardest shot contest.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Val didn't know how or when to shoot his terrible shot the first go-round. Maybe he picked that up playing 12 minutes a night or whatever it was in Russia.

I have very, very low expectations for Nichushkin. I think he is good enough to absorb minutes and come by 40 points without too too much difficulty. How he will be used by the new coach with no NHL track record is anyone's guess.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Happy to have him back. Don’t think he’ll be our saviour, but he’s easily the 3/4 best winger on our team now behind Benn, Radulov, and on par with Janmark.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Wait, but if Nuke had shot it as you say, wouldn't it have gone in? :laugh:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
He's a middle-sixer that can contribute way more than Ritchie or Shore. We needed him back. Good for all parties. Hopefully Radulov and Nichushkin on the team will convince Kovalchuk to come to Dallas too.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He's a middle-sixer that can contribute way more than Ritchie or Shore. We needed him back. Good for all parties. Hopefully Radulov and Nichushkin on the team will convince Kovalchuk to come to Dallas too.
He and Shore have like the exact same points and games played numbers, 65 in 167 to 64 in 166. He's not miles better than Shore.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
He and Shore have like the exact same points and games played numbers, 65 in 167 to 64 in 166. He's not miles better than Shore.

Val did his two years at 18 and 20 (skipping the injury season). Shore was 22 and 23. Miles was a bad choice but I think he's considerably better.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Why can't he just sign now?

That's not true, since the Stars own his rights, he can sign whenever. Its weird that they're waiting until July 1st to announce it, because they can sign him right now with no issues.

Actually he can't sign now, has to wait until July 1st.

There are only three situations where teams are allowed to sign players to contracts that don't go into effect until the next season, which starts on July 1st.

a) contract extensions
b) unsigned draft picks - can be signed between March 1st and June 1st
c) draft-related unrestricted free agents - can be signed between March 1st and June 1st

Nichushkin does not fit into any of these three categories. Yes, he is an RFA, however he is not under contract at this time. Meaning he is not allowed to sign a new contract under the (A) contract extension exemption.

And to expand on that, Nichuskin cannot be signed now for the 2017-18 season as there are no games left he would be eligible to play in.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
All these people hating on him lol. Better depth option than any of the guys in our bottom 6. I'm happy to welcome him back. I hope he surprises all of us this season with 40+ points.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
All these people hating on him lol. Better depth option than any of the guys in our bottom 6. I'm happy to welcome him back. I hope he surprises all of us this season with 40+ points.
Um Faksa is in our Bottom 6. so Lets not get carried away here.
But he's better than a lot of the garbage we rolled out last year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Um Faksa is in our Bottom 6. so Lets not get carried away here.
But he's better than a lot of the garbage we rolled out last year.

I considered Faksa and Janmark top 6 guys last year considering we had no 2nd line, so I'm specifically excluding them there. Them and Spezza if he can produce next year. I think Nichushkin will put up more points than Faksa and Janmark next year though if he plays with Benn and Seguin consistently.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Nichushkin can still be a fine 3rd liner but he has to realize he's a 3rd liner first. From all his interviews I got the idea he feels it's insulting to not play 20 minutes a night.

Sure he can't score or pass but his physical tools are too good to not give him a shot.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
True, he's never completed a pass in his life!

I never understood why people on here claim he has no skill. Was a blast to watch in his rookie season because of his talent and speed. His shot isn't the best but the talent and setup ability is there he just struggles to finish. Everyone will always hate on him though since he left for Russia. It's just how people are. As soon as he did that he was automatically considered a bust yet he is only 23. Not getting my hopes up or expecting a huge year from him, but I wouldnt be surprised if he hit 35-40+ points.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
He had 11 assists in 50 KHL games this year. But hey, you found a video of him making a nice pass so I guess he's a playmaking wizard now.

I mean, what I did was literally prove you wrong. Him not having many assists in the KHL this year or at any other time is irrelevant. There's a big difference between completing one pass and being a playmaking wizard. Let's not resort to strawmen, sir. :laugh::cool::naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad