Valentin Zykov suspended 20 games for PEDs

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The answer of someone who has nothing to say.
You just claimed Kucherov was a CHL product. Get lost. LOL Also you are weirrd people with those so called stats and numbers. You don't understand how they work.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
You just claimed Kucherov was a CHL product. Get lost. LOL Also you are weirrd people with those so called stats and numbers. You don't understand how they work.
Kucherov played in the CHL because he thought it would help his development. It seems like you're salty Russians like Yakupov is a mega bust and want to blame the league.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Look at the top 5 scorers, all of them played in the CHL. 14 of the top 20 scorers last year played in the CHL . It's the #1 producer of NHL players. L M A O.
13, not 14, spent at least half a season in the CHL. Also wouldn't say a player was developed in a league when the player spent 1 (or less) season in the league. The CHL is still the #1 producer of NHL players even if we remove those though.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Not knowing the PED's he was taking were on the banned list is pretty bad. So whatever he was taking it's probably not a massive boost in performance. If it was Meldonium then it would really look bad on him considering the publicity that surrounded that stuff in 2016. Unless he tells the media or they come out and tell us, all we can do is speculate.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Unpopular opinion: Let them take whatever they want. I want to see what the human body can achieve
Most if not all enforcers were using back when the league was a tougher place.some of them really were 'all they could be'...unfortunately,some paid the ultimate price as well!

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
It might seem like the performance enhancing drugs weren't doing their job, until you see what he looked like before taking them.

tenor.gif

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The answer of someone who has nothing to say.

Don’t worry too much about it. He’s known as nothing but a troll around here with opinions that don’t make sense.

Case in point - blaming the CHL for Zykov taking drugs. Because we all know no one’s ever been caught taking drugs in Russia.

What a mindless post.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I know lots of people are joking, but keep in mind PED doesn’t necessarily mean a drug that will make you player better at health than without it, also at health.

It can be a substance aimed at helping you heal faster. I imagine tons of fringe players throwing their body around, and also everyone else pundits constantly remark about (“oh they said 8 weeks but he’s back in 6. Players today, they just heal so much quicker.”), wrecking their bodies take such drugs.

It’s not like they’re all popping adderall enemas before every game.

No, but (and I'm assuming it was HGH, because that to me is the only substance it really makes sense to take for hockey), taking high doses of that for an extended period period of time makes you a lot stronger and faster without adding weight like steroids. When I was in Afghanistan, pretty much everybody was on that and looked like Greek gods.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I know lots of people are joking, but keep in mind PED doesn’t necessarily mean a drug that will make you player better at health than without it, also at health.

It can be a substance aimed at helping you heal faster. I imagine tons of fringe players throwing their body around, and also everyone else pundits constantly remark about (“oh they said 8 weeks but he’s back in 6. Players today, they just heal so much quicker.”), wrecking their bodies take such drugs.

It’s not like they’re all popping adderall enemas before every game.

Agree. Another thing to consider is this : all these supplements...do teams go great lenghts to test them ?

Nowadays everything is made in China and there is been more and more cases of poisoning and other bad effects to normal people like us for taking supplements.

Not saying the team buys that stuff from China, but their supplier gets it there most likely. And if the player has been using it for 4 years on his own...heck his gym pal who sold him definitely didn't background check the origin of the product.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad