Valentin Zykov suspended 20 games for PEDs

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It explains how he made the team out of camp. He was better than he was for sure. It's very reminiscent of baseball where these guys on their last leg who are trying to get in the door get caught.

He told McPhee yesterday he's been using this for 4 years. Apparently he didn't know it was banned. :laugh:

Reactions: DaveG

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
and the mystery of the overachieving roster is solved
Lol, okay.

Zykov is a guy who was struggling to make the Vegas roster and then came to camp all of a sudden much faster and stronger on the puck. He's the one guy with an abnormal performance spike.

A friend texted me "another Knights player got busted for PED" and I thought oh God who is it? Then I saw it was Zykov and it made total sense.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tbh I'm not that upset. Zykov did look a lot better but I think a big body moving quickly and being active on the forecheck made him look better than he was.

The puck died on his stick quite often tbh.

Brandon Pirri's legacy lives on I guess.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Unfortunate that he's the scapegoat. As I sure hope we all know, everyone in NHL uses PEDs. They just keep this farce up so people would think they're doing something to tackle it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lol, okay.

Zykov is a guy who was struggling to make the Vegas roster and then came to camp all of a sudden much faster and stronger on the puck. He's the one guy with an abnormal performance spike.

A friend texted me "another Knights player got busted for PED" and I thought oh God who is it? Then I saw it was Zykov and it made total sense.
if you take it seriously it just ruins the joke

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

He started taking the substance when in Carolina or LA, and kept on taking it since.

Edit: McPhee used the word "supplements" instead of "substance".

hahahah yeeeeah right

weird the overachieving team of the century has 2 players popped for PEDs in such quick succession, both with horrible played out excuses

this is systemic to the org and denying at this point is putting the blinders on

inb4 "grain of salt in a swimming pool" BS excuse, as if PEDs don't get metabolized the same as everything else you put into your body

Reactions: Marv Merchants

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Who is the next Golden Knight to get caught?
gallant-e1455546972895.jpg

But just for the same number of games Kuznetsov got..

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
LOL

Zykov states he's unaware of how it happened.

McPhee: "oh, he told me he knowingly took them".

GMGM threw him under the bus. Obviously what Zykov did was wrong, but I thought player to GM conversations are confidential. And players are encouraged to immediately contact their GM if anything occurs and lay out the facts. So much for that.

Reactions: GeeoffBrown

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Poor guy was overwhelmed by actually being in the lineup. Needed a break.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
“We learned this yesterday, it seems that the last. Zykov took supplements that were not from us. Zykov said that taking it for four years,” said McPhee.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
LOL

Zykov states he's unaware of how it happened.

McPhee: "oh, he told me he knowingly took them".

GMGM threw him under the bus. Obviously what Zykov did was wrong, but I thought player to GM conversations are confidential. And players are encouraged to immediately contact their GM if anything occurs and lay out the facts. So much for that.
schmidt threw the trainers under the bus when he got popped, "i only took supplements provided to me by the team" or something along those lines

funny how the blame game goes around when you get caught, all eyes should firmly be on the trainers now. bet the extra fridge in the locker room disappeared overnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad