Confirmed with Link: Vaclav Burda chief Euro scout leaves for Oilers

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess my point was that I believe that player development may be the more sound investment.

Perhaps, but the real question I for both draft and developing, where are the thresholds where you start to see diminishing returns on your investment, and where are we in relation to those thresholds.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/s...uting-and-athletic-therapy-staffs/c-290637562

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that the team has promoted Mikko Ruutu to the role of Chief European scout and has added Anders Östberg to its European scouting staff. Östberg's hiring is in addition to the team's recently having named Bobby Strumm a full-time member of its amateur scouting staff. Additionally, the team has added Dan Boeser and Todd Stirling as part-time scouts.

Östberg, who most recently served as the director of scouting for the Swedish Hockey League's Örebro Hockey program, and who spent three years as an European amateur scout for the St. Louis Blues, will be based in Stockholm and will primarily be responsible for evaluating amateur players throughout Europe. Strumm, who is based in Calgary and most recently served as an area (USA/WHL) scout for the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks, will have a primary focus on the WHL while also providing support in Ontario and with the United States Hockey League. Boeser will provide support in the U.S. Midwest while Stirling will do so in the U.S. Northeast. Ruutu, who originally joined the Senators in 2008, will continue to be based in Helsinki. Each member will report to the team's chief amateur scout, Trent Mann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad