GDT: VA @ PA @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Yeah, I mentioned his eating habits before. Metabolism slowing down at 38. Eating Mamma Lucia's chicken parm w/ noodles and bread for your pre-game meal is going to sit like a brick. Plus, I think Carberry's system requires a complete game from him and we all know he's used to being fed pucks by others working to gain possession.

Right now, when he's battling on the boards for a puck, he looks like an old overweight Rocky Balboa trying to catch a chicken for the first time.
His board work has always been horrible. And something he never spent time trying to improve. It’s something players like Crosby and Backstrom made a whole career out of. I swear if I see him reverse the puck along the boards one more time in our end I am going to lose it lol.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Wasn't the best performance, handful of mistakes and too many penalties (aside the ghost penalty for 5v3 -- still had 3 before halfway thru reg)

But
They managed to get 3GF again, and not blow it in Reg which PHI was pushing hard to do so

Even tho only getting 1 pt this team still has been one of the best in the NHL in 3rd pd and holding onto leads (something like 9-0-3 leading after 2nd? )

Phillipito might as well not be getting a sweater, Carbs gave him 3 shifts in teh 1st then nada, obv he's not getting much trust to not cost the team in a tight game (same with NAK when the team needs D late in games)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I would have liked to see CMM in the shootout. I dont get why we only pick the vets. How about get the kids confidence going and let them get a walk off win.

We pick Mantha with the game on the line??? Someone who wont be on the team in future plans.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I would have liked to see CMM in the shootout. I dont get why we only pick the vets. How about get the kids confidence going and let them get a walk off win.

We pick Mantha with the game on the line??? Someone who wont be on the team in future plans.
Wouldn't be so sure about that. He's among our best under 30 players, believe it or not.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You think we give him an extension? Hes either gone at the deadline or the offseason.
I think preemptive extension: no, probably not.

But there may also be a scenario where the market for Mantha still isn't particularly strong in UFA, and in that case I would be open to another short one-year "continue to prove it" deal. I think there's a way to sell it to Mantha if he's not getting what he wants out there, by at least knowing he's staying with a team and coach he improved with and in a system he knows how to play already.

Could stomach one extra year if he wants to bet on himself, but for the sake of semantics it would be more like a later re-signing than an extension, I wouldn't get out in front of the market just to keep him around and I wouldn't want to give him the parachute contract, just a continued opportunity to create one if this season isn't enough.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
The Protas-CMM-Mantha line is easily the most fun thing about this team. No urgent need to extend or trade Mantha. I’d just like to see them continue to cook and push for career years. Mantha’s future can wait until the offseason.

I think people would “feel” better about this team if Ovi was scoring. It seems like people can’t/won’t get excited until he gets going again. I still think he’ll eventually get into a rhythm and (at least) start potting some from his office.

Meanwhile, he’s still contributing offensively, and not just the points - he still draws a lot of attention, which is currently benefiting the likes of Strome and Wilson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad