Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
All they are doing is pissing away a top 6 pick.
If you read draft profiles of the top 6 prospects, it's clear why we're better off passing our pick to the Spurs this year - mediocre talent at the top, and we'll still have the Pacer's 1st and the Pistons' 2nd.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Grady Dick has improved so much since the start of the year
Bump. He sure has!
Gradey's improvement has been amazing. If we want our rebuild to work, he needs to be a big hit.

In a weak draft. Next year is the time to tank. Going for the play in is the best option this season
Not sure how they would go about tanking next season. I might be missing something but I don't see it happening.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This team is learning to play together and are a much better team than they were earlier in the season. I don’t see them doing anything other than improve next season.
They will have a lot of cap space as well. Not sure what they will do with it though. Brown and Trent Jr likely will be gone.

Before the OG trade the team was painful to watch.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They will have a lot of cap space as well. Not sure what they will do with it though. Brown and Trent Jr likely will be gone.

Before the OG trade the team was painful to watch.

If Brown is gone it'll be because they dealt him and got something of reasonable value back.

I don't remember the exact FA list for the off-season but I seem to recall that it's not necessarily all that impressive, to the point that they don't need to clear the deck for max contract space for anyone unless they want to try and poach an RFA or something.

Reactions: canucksfan

Vancity2HFax

May 22, 2016
Canada
Scottie is in his third year, he’s very young. He’s going to get a lot better. During his rookie season, a scout on another team called him Giannis with a better shot.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
This Raptors team This year has gone from "a team that could have won big 2 years ago " to a team that can win big 2 years from now. Love their moves this year bringing in talent that has a real chance to mature and grow together next year.

I had real doubts about Raptors mgmt identifying how to take the next step in changing NBA but I have a lot more confidence to end out the season. Who knows...maybe they even get a feel for play-in competition?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
This Raptors team This year has gone from "a team that could have won big 2 years ago " to a team that can win big 2 years from now. Love their moves this year bringing in talent that has a real chance to mature and grow together next year.

I had real doubts about Raptors mgmt identifying how to take the next step in changing NBA but I have a lot more confidence to end out the season. Who knows...maybe they even get a feel for play-in competition?
I think the play-in would be best for this group to continue growing as a team. They don’t need another middling youngster from a weak draft. The next step is to acquire a difference maker to this group. That won’t be found in this draft and they’ll be too good to get one in next years draft.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
The best teams have top end talent. Your best bet is via the draft and ideally in the lottery. Adding role players at this stage is a sign management is reluctant to do a real rebuild. Unfortunately they will likely be stuck in the middle and waste Scottie's early years. Onto the 2025 draft.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The best teams have top end talent. Your best bet is via the draft and ideally in the lottery. Adding role players at this stage is a sign management is reluctant to do a real rebuild. Unfortunately they will likely be stuck in the middle and waste Scottie's early years. Onto the 2025 draft.
Not sure I'd describe the Raps moves over the last few months as "adding role players".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad