Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don’t think he ever played at this level tbh. He was wildly inconsistent and inefficient with the Knicks and based on the analytics he’s basically putting up his best player-value season… in just 16 games.

I like IQ and think he’ll put it together as well but as of now RJ is the big ticket which I don’t think anyone expected when the trade was announced.
His passing is better than it thought and he’s not forcing the play.

Grady had a solid game and doing very well. Defense has been good I think at least

Reactions: aingefan

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
My biggest concern with Pascal was inefficient 2s and basically no 3. RJ is taking higher percentage 2s and adding the 3 ball. This allows the 4 guys other than Poetl to move in and out and allows for cuts, posts, etc.

Reactions: aingefan

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don’t think he ever played at this level tbh. He was wildly inconsistent and inefficient with the Knicks and based on the analytics he’s basically putting up his best player-value season… in just 16 games.

I like IQ and think he’ll put it together as well but as of now RJ is the big ticket which I don’t think anyone expected when the trade was announced.
I agree regarding his consistency. He has still been erratic at times in Toronto but he has played to his potential more often than not with the Raps.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I am also looking forward to seeing how our offense flows with Olynyk on the court to space out defenders. It's going to be nice to have a big man that is a serious threat from behind the arc.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Haven't a lot of players who got away from Thibs went on and became instantly better on a new team?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’m curious to follow the Jazz imports, with the report of both being excited by the opportunity, and having a chance to compete for a decent role moving forward.

And still loving the cap positioning.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Masai trying to rebuild and be competitive at the same time. Usually doesn't work out. Rebuild properly and go younger. Or else be stuck in 7-11 territory.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Masai trying to rebuild and be competitive at the same time. Usually doesn't work out. Rebuild properly and go younger. Or else be stuck in 7-11 territory.
Raptors won a championship without ever doing a full-on rebuild. When Masai arrived although he had considered moving DeRozan and Lowry he decided to stick with them and instead made suave trades, drafted / scouted well despite not having high picks, focused on development and ultimately kept tinkering and re-tooling to keep the team competitive. Now, he hit a home run with Kawhi trade of course, but there's plenty of teams that are forever tanking and have yet to go anywhere. Charlotte and Detroit immediately come to mind, and even though the Pelicans are finally competitive they're still fighting for a playoff spot in the stacked Western Conference and have yet to make any noise 5 years after drafting Zion. Even the Sixers and their infamous 'process' have failed to make it past the second round despite having an MVP talent in Embiid.

Having a competitive culture and system with strong coaching and development is arguably more important than just getting raw top tier talent alone.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Pop isn't the kind of guy to try and force it to get it but man it would be peak Raptors if they gave up a Quad to Wemby.

They're going to lose to the Pistons and Spurs this year. That's tough to do.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ugly game but good for the tank

They shouldn't want to tank this year. They don't own their 1st unless it's top 6. Given that this is not a great draft and if they trigger the protections it just slides to next season they're probably better off letting the Spurs have the pick in this softer year and go all in on the tank for 2025 where there appear to be some interesting names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad