Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Dragic staying would be a huge L. Masai didnt need to S&T with Miami and now would wasting 19M in cap space on a guy who doesnt want to be there and doesnt fit the team. Hope the hold up is Miami sends their 1st if Dragic cant be flipped.
Any idea if there was any traction to the rumour that Dragic would be flipped to Dallas?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Any idea if there was any traction to the rumour that Dragic would be flipped to Dallas?

Heard it but nothing since. Raps are going to hold onto him if not dealt. No reason to buy him out. Tell him to come to camp, play hard and they will deal him at deadline. Simple.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
it makes sense if we want to be really bad :naughty:

Yea, in the NBA there is no point in being a middling team. You either contending or need to be bad. Unless you’re an up and coming young team. For the Raps it’s better to be bad for a couple of years then rise back up. Although, there is competition for being bad also . Other teams want to rebuild too and get them high picks.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That is the only thing they can be going for. Another lottery pick!!!

There are some key free agents next summer at that spot that they can be targeting:

Ayton
Zeller
Wiseman
Valencounas
Zubac

Expiring contracts off the books is Dragic, Gillipsie, Boucher, etc..

Maybe they tank and go for it next season. Who know?
Maybe they would rather save cap and tank this season than overpay for okay players. Masai doesn't build for mediocrity, I can see him eyeing up next year's free agency rather than spending on the players avaliable right now.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
I just dont get the reason why no center has been added yet. Just doesnt make sense. Now Birch is supposedly visiting the Bulls.

Something has got to give. They cant be serious going into a new season with Baynes and Gillipsie can they?

Both Lopez and Drummond both signed 1 yr deals just now.

They must be up to something. It doesnt make sense.

Collins?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I just dont get the reason why no center has been added yet. Just doesnt make sense. Now Birch is supposedly visiting the Bulls.

Something has got to give. They cant be serious going into a new season with Baynes and Gillipsie can they?

Both Lopez and Drummond both signed 1 yr deals just now.

They must be up to something. It doesnt make sense.

It seems to be oddly quiet on our end. If we are moving Siakam, would make sense for a Center to come back in the deal potentially.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Siakam and FVV are 27 and FVV has 2 years left. Tanking this year doesnt make sense, you either trade em, lose them to FA or pay them. Maybe if FVV was signed long term or they were younger.

OG and Barnes are signed for like 30M over the next 4 years, that's your window to win. If Lowry had stayed this is a 3-4 seed(with a decent C)

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Lakers somehow sign Malik Monk, Carmelo Anthony, Ariza, Bazemore and Dwight Howard

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We gotta remember that it's not easy to get FAs to sign here. We never were able to add big pieces really through Free Agency and probably never will. Trades and drafting are the only way pretty much. Looking at the FA Centers who aren't signed yet idk who I'd target tbh. Not many who can stretch the floor and I feel we need someone who can grab some boards.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

George Machado

Jun 15, 2021
Blah blah, angry Suggs, Barnes can’t shoot. This sums up the thread. Mostly from people who haven’t seen Barnes play a single game and watched the Gonzaga highlites of Suggs hitting a half court shot
Barnes needs some work with his shot and that's all. He has all the tools. I think he has the potential to be the next Kawhi Leonard!

Reactions: VancouverJagger

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yea, in the NBA there is no point in being a middling team. You either contending or need to be bad. Unless you’re an up and coming young team. For the Raps it’s better to be bad for a couple of years then rise back up. Although, there is competition for being bad also . Other teams want to rebuild too and get them high picks.
with our system i dont ever see us "tanking". i would just give big minutes to the kids and see where the team ends up, even if we arent the worst team in the league our FO is very good at picking players that turn out better than where they are drafted, one can only hope that trend continues higher up in the lottery.

i still want them to trade siakam to GS as things stand atm.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad