Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Seems like a legit source....

In all reality there isn't anyone on this roster I wouldn't trade for Simmons besides Barnes. Ben may not be able to hit a 3 to save his life, or a free throw but hes a proven all defense, all star player under control for 4 years. His athletic ability alone is amazing... Giannis is a far superior player but is a great example of what hard work and freak athleticism can accomplish. Ben could learn from that.. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Hes still very young and still just figuring out his game.

To be transparent, I wouldn't mortgage the future for him. Just speaking in pure terms of overall talent for the Raps.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016

In all reality there isn't anyone on this roster I wouldn't trade for Simmons besides Barnes. Ben may not be able to hit a 3 to save his life, or a free throw but hes a proven all defense, all star player under control for 4 years. His athletic ability alone is amazing... Giannis is a far superior player but is a great example of what hard work and freak athleticism can accomplish. Ben could learn from that.. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Hes still very young and still just figuring out his game.

To be transparent, I wouldn't mortgage the future for him. Just speaking in pure terms of overall talent for the Raps.

Imagine a lineup of,

Simmons
FVV
OG
Barnes
Precious

We may not score many points but good luck to other teams trying to score on us lol

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

i dont see ben ever putting in the work though, he seems very content with the type of player he is. big no from me unless its a reasonable cost. imagine a franchise calling out a player and saying hes not good enough then asking for what they are asking for. i see why the raps are interested with the whole "postionless basketball" thing they are going for, but they are probably waiting for morey to stop smoking crack and asking for the equivalent of 6x 1st rnd picks. also siakam makes the warriors better than simmons does so i prefer just see if they or the kings want to swing a deal if we are going down that route.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Tough part with Simmons is he's hack a shaq levels bad in FT shooting and he took 6 FG attempts in the 4th quarter this past postseason. I wonder if him switching to his right hand will tap into his potential but at this point there's zero jump shot capability and his only scoring ability is to finish at the rim.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I dunno but I just don't want Simmons at ANYWHERE near the tag Philly was previously asking for.........not sure he has the right attitude to get to where he needs to be and I'd much rather see us re-tool with another developmental year (and top 10 draft pic) then be the 7th seed and get swept in round one..........

If it's something reasonable I would look at it however by all accounts Philly was straight out trying to extort us before.........no thanks to that

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I can't see the Raptors trading for Simmons. It seems like they are gathering assets for a rebuild and to use them all for 1 guy doesn't seem like good asset management.

Has there been any traction on signing Victor Oladipo? If the Raptors doctors take a look and everything checks out, why not get him in the line-up and put him on the Kawhi "load management" regime to try and get the most out of him.

Reactions: phillipmike

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Return for Lowry hasnt been confirmed yet because the Raptors are working a third team into the trade where Dragic is shipped out for possible more return. Ideal trade would be with Dallas where Dragic wants to go and a team that has a need for his skill set. 3-way sign and trade deal I would do:

Miami gets Lowry

Toronto gets Precious, Dragic and Second Rounder

Toronto flips Dragic and Baynes to Dallas for Powell, Stein and 2nd Rounder

Lowry nets Raptors Precious, Powell and Stein, with two 2nd rounders. Not a bad haul.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Return for Lowry hasnt been confirmed yet because the Raptors are working a third team into the trade where Dragic is shipped out for possible more return. Ideal trade would be with Dallas where Dragic wants to go and a team that has a need for his skill set. 3-way sign and trade deal I would do:

Miami gets Lowry

Lowry nets Raptors Precious, Powell and Stein, with two 2nd rounders. Not a bad haul.

Its not that great either...I think most people are happy because we're able to get back something, instead of 'nothing'.

As for Simmons, I'd be for it....kid still has so much untapped potential

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

Miami gets Lowry

Might be more complicated, but maybe that’s where Baynes comes in, as an add to Dallas for moving their big?
The other day reports had the Raps exploring trade options for him.
He can give serviceable minutes.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I can't see the Raptors trading for Simmons. It seems like they are gathering assets for a rebuild and to use them all for 1 guy doesn't seem like good asset management.

Has there been any traction on signing Victor Oladipo? If the Raptors doctors take a look and everything checks out, why not get him in the line-up and put him on the Kawhi "load management" regime to try and get the most out of him.

I was going to bring up Oladipo. We have a great defensive team and need scoring.

Dipo needs to rehab and rebuild value. He knows Masai well, we have on of the best sports science/medical staffs in the league (see Kawhi and Lowry) and this is the best spot to rebuild value. He legit has a chance to be 1, 2 or 3 coring option if healthy especially if Siakam is hurt or traded.

At the same age as Dipo (29), IT and Cousins came off injuries and signed for $2.6M with Denver and $3.6M with the Lakers respectively. The Raptors should and could get Oladipo on a 1 year deal worth $5M.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Murphy speculating a prospect Raps could get back from the Mavs is Green or Terry.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I was going to bring up Oladipo. We have a great defensive team and need scoring.

Dipo needs to rehab and rebuild value. He knows Masai well, we have on of the best sports science/medical staffs in the league (see Kawhi and Lowry) and this is the best spot to rebuild value. He legit has a chance to be 1, 2 or 3 coring option if healthy especially if Siakam is hurt or traded.

At the same age as Dipo (29), IT and Cousins came off injuries and signed for $2.6M with Denver and $3.6M with the Lakers respectively. The Raptors should and could get Oladipo on a 1 year deal worth $5M.
hes signing with the heat

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Baynes being waved is a good sign... Hopefully means they have their eyes on a new center. Read a report that the King's had enquired about Siakim.. A few intriguing options on the King's..

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Baynes being waved is a good sign... Hopefully means they have their eyes on a new center. Read a report that the King's had enquired about Siakim.. A few intriguing options on the King's..
i think its birch and precious as it stands, MAYBE powell if that trade goes through. but i wouldnt expect any significant moves for a center at this point. we seem all in on the positionless basketball thing now.

Last edited:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i think johnson and champagnie most likely make the roster as well, so we probably needed roster spots mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad