Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Eric Koreen from the Athletic is reporting that Sergio Scariolo is out of his assistant coach role with the Raptors in order to take a head coaching job in Italy.

I wonder if Nurse makes a play to bring Nate Bjorkgren back after he was let go out of the HC job with the Pacers. Given the way Indy's locker room imploded it seems unlikely that Bjorkgren gets another head coaching job right away and the familiarity with the Raptors system and role in its previous successes might seem like an attractive way for him to rehabilitate his perception/value.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Eric Koreen from the Athletic is reporting that Sergio Scariolo is out of his assistant coach role with the Raptors in order to take a head coaching job in Italy.

I wonder if Nurse makes a play to bring Nate Bjorkgren back after he was let go out of the HC job with the Pacers. Given the way Indy's locker room imploded it seems unlikely that Bjorkgren gets another head coaching job right away and the familiarity with the Raptors system and role in its previous successes might seem like an attractive way for him to rehabilitate his perception/value.

Nate is a lock to come back. He's already been added as part of Canada's Olympic staff.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Super team is out. I was wanting the Bucks to win. Durant is just amazing. No shame for that air ball in the end. I think you can actually call him unguardable.
Congrats to the Bucks.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Ben Simmons is a worse playoff player than Mitch Marner

This guy isn't built to play playoff basketball. Holy shit the most passive player ever.

2/4 fg's, 4/14 ft's. Simmons is a horrible 1st overall pick. He's costing the 76'ers this series and Embid's prime.

I've never seen an NBA playoff player with a playstyle so easy to exploit come playoffs as him. How can you be okay taking 4 shots in a game while pretending like your a star player.

Serious the dude is f***ing afraid to dribble, drive, and shoot in a 5v5 half-court setting. I can't imagine a single team he could be a decent 2nd option on. He's a worse offensive scorer than OG come playoffs with his complete refusal to be a factor in the 76'ers offense.
A few years back I had high hopes for him. I can't believe that he still hasn't put in the work to develop a jumper. At least he's a better #1 than Bennett lmao

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Nets about to be eliminated.

KD had a dominant game 7 but still lost. Wonder how this impacts his legacy

This playoffs probably enhanced it. He was an absolute monster and basically was a big toe away from dragging the Nets to the ECF by himself

Reactions: hamzarocks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This playoffs probably enhanced it. He was an absolute monster and basically was a big toe away from dragging the Nets to the ECF by himself

If anything, this playoffs further dragged Harden's playoff legacy in the mud.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
If anything, this playoffs further dragged Harden's playoff legacy in the mud.

I don't think it did that either.

The general opinion I've seen out there that Harden really had no business being out there and the fact that he was brought a new respect to him.

Not sure I'd go that far personally but that's what I've mostly been seeing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't think it did that either.

The general opinion I've seen out there that Harden really had no business being out there and the fact that he was brought a new respect to him.

Not sure I'd go that far personally but that's what I've mostly been seeing.
I think in 10 years all that will be remembered is another subpar playoff outing by Harden. The specific reasons behind each individual disappointing playoff performance tend to get overlooked when the entire body of work is negative.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I think in 10 years all that will be remembered is another subpar playoff outing by Harden. The specific reasons behind each individual disappointing playoff performance tend to get overlooked when the entire body of work is negative.

10 years from now no one cares about a 2nd round series

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Really hoping the rumors are true that the Raptors are looking at trading Siakam + for Karl Anthony Towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad