Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ok all of this might sound crazy but I'm feeling some type of way now. I kinda really want that Siakam to GS deal to go down. Siakam for Wiggins + Wiseman + Kuminga.

Then bring DeRozan and Lowry back. Re-sign Trent.

Wiseman/Boucher
Wiggins/Kuminga/Yuta
OG/Barnes/Watson
DeRozan/Trent
Lowry/FVV/Flynn

Reactions: VancouverJagger

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
There’s no way DeRozan picks up Masai’s calls for the above to happen.

Here is Jalen Suggs sister Jennica's reaction to her brother not being drafted by the Toronto Raptors:

In the comments, she was saying they would’ve been happy to go to Toronto, it’s just a joke she made for all the people in her circle that were pushing Suggs to Raptors incessantly.

It’s nothing to actually get mad about, just a joke.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
he definitely could be, IF he reaches his potential he could be the best player in the draft and i dont really like him so im not just saying that. but watching his mechanics...hes a disaster lol. i just hope and pray they saw something in the private workout that made them believe they couldnt not take him. i do love our development program but this is alot to ask of them..ive never wanted to be wrong more about a raps pick lol.

Apparently he shot lights out at the workouts/combine and he just impressed much more at them. He's constantly working on his game and his jumper is already improving according to a lot of people so I'm sure his shot will just get better with our development staff working with him during the entire season.

Reactions: djdev

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Big perk live on the jump saying the raps were the biggest disappointment last night passing on Suggs, and I gotta say I agree. Scottie Barnes better end up Scottie pippen (and we still won’t have MJ) in order to make this pick worthwhile. still think they shouldn’t of implemented later in the round/2nd round draft tactics (reaching on raw potential) when there’s an all-star level player available.
Willing to wait and see what else happens with free agency and trade season before making judgements, but man o man this one stings IMO

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Big perk live on the jump saying the raps were the biggest disappointment last night passing on Suggs, and I gotta say I agree. Scottie Barnes better end up Scottie pippen (and we still won’t have MJ) in order to make this pick worthwhile. still think they shouldn’t of implemented later in the round/2nd round draft tactics (reaching on raw potential) when there’s an all-star level player available.
Willing to wait and see what else happens with free agency and trade season before making judgements, but man o man this one stings IMO

PG is the deepest position in the league. There’s no guarantee Suggs ever becomes an all-star level player. If anything we can grab a similar play in Lonzo right now while also having Scottie in the fold.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’m sure you’ll be nowhere to be found when Barnes is a star in this league or you’ll be claiming to having known it the whole time. I was a bit surprised they passed on Suggs, but after a night of reflection I don’t mind it.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I’m sure you’ll be nowhere to be found when Barnes is a star in this league or you’ll be claiming to having known it the whole time. I was a bit surprised they passed on Suggs, but after a night of reflection I don’t mind it.
After a night of reflection I think I'm even more annoyed... they just had to get cute with the 4th OA... ffs, get cute in the 2nd round. Watch as Suggs wins rookie of the year this season...

Reactions: tmlfan98

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Can someone translate what the sister was saying (and signing) for this out of touch old Boomer?

Thanks!

I think she's defiantly talking about "shrugging off" people who told her that her brother was going to Toronto. Basically saying "in your face!" to those people. The implication being that going to Toronto is viewed as a bad thing.

I can't say for sure though. I'm only like halfway between a boomer and this girl.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille