Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He never wanted to come here in the first place. He made a decision that 99% of people would make because it was clearly the best option on the table for him. The argument that he was leaving a potential dynasty falls apart when the Clippers literally acquired Paul George to entice Kawhi to join them. The prospects for a dynasty looked better in LA than they did in Toronto

Yeah we are back in the draft lottery for what, the first time in a decade after being plagued with injuries the entire season. Not the worst spot to be in

I can’t get over Kawhi leaving. Just put yourself in his shoes - you come to a team, have great locker room chemistry, win a hard battled chip, and then decide to just dip? At the bare minimum he should’ve stayed at least one more year to run it back, he owes it to the team, the fans, the city, and himself. He ditched Lowry, FVV, Siakam, OG, etc for Paul George and a bunch of scrubs. That’s just disrespectful.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I can’t get over Kawhi leaving. Just put yourself in his shoes - you come to a team, have great locker room chemistry, win a hard battled chip, and then decide to just dip? At the bare minimum he should’ve stayed at least one more year to run it back, he owes it to the team, the fans, the city, and himself. He ditched Lowry, FVV, Siakam, OG, etc for Paul George and a bunch of scrubs. That’s just disrespectful.

I agree with everything you have said. But KARMA is a bitch. The Raps still have a great core, will only get better after this draft and as long as MLSE gives what Masai wants we have the best architect in the league to get us back to prominence.

When you top all of that with the best fans in the league. The Raps are destined for superiority once again.

It was a bad business decision on Kwahi's part. He knows it, his people know it, the entire NBA knows it. Nothing we can do. But it sure is nice to see him become nothing but an after thought in this league all because of the team he plays for.

Oh what could have been Mr. Leonard!!!!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He never wanted to come here in the first place. He made a decision that 99% of people would make because it was clearly the best option on the table for him. The argument that he was leaving a potential dynasty falls apart when the Clippers literally acquired Paul George to entice Kawhi to join them. The prospects for a dynasty looked better in LA than they did in Toronto

Yeah we are back in the draft lottery for what, the first time in a decade after being plagued with injuries the entire season. Not the worst spot to be in
Its true that Kawhi didn't owe the Raptors anything and fully had the right to go home to LA. That said, there is nothing wrong with Raptors fans being a little bummed and raising valid points that Kawhi resigning was a viable decision considering the East is a lot less competitive than the West, the team didn't have to mortgage its future to give Kawhi a good supporting cast and the Raptors showed in 19-20 that the roster would have been just as competitive. You put Kawhi on the 19-20 team and its very reasonable to say the Raptors could have went back to the finals.

No point looking at the past now and from a personal perspective, it was clear that Kawhi really valued going home. But I can see why Raptors fans are hung up on the decision, especially if the Clippers choke in the playoffs again because from a competitive perspective, a case could easily be made Kawhi resigning for 2-3 years was a good career move.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I feel bad for Suns fans. They finished 2nd but drew the champs in round 1 who only finished 7th because of injuries and they are healthy now. I still have them making the finals. Can't bet against LBJ.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I keep seeing Mitchell getting mocked to us. I know he's a really good on ball defender and probably one of the best in the draft, but can he create offence? Reading some things he looks like he has good speed and athletic ability which we kind of lack at the guard position.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I keep seeing Mitchell getting mocked to us. I know he's a really good on ball defender and probably one of the best in the draft, but can he create offence? Reading some things he looks like he has good speed and athletic ability which we kind of lack at the guard position.

I like Keon Johnson and Scottie Barnes for our pick.

Barnes and OG will shut down opposing guards for years.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Lol. Leave Kawhi alone. He did the same thing Tavares did, at least he carried to a ring before leaving

Isles fans have every right to wish hate on Tavares and hope for nothing but career unsuccess. I have no problem with their thoughts towards him on a professional level (personal, on the other hand, crosses the line too far).

Thanks for the championship, Kawhi. But he can get bent now.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
He doesnt owe anyone anything lol

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I hope Masai is back. If not, the team could easily revert to pre Masai levels. What’s the status here? Any updates?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

A fan threw a water bottle at Kyrie Irving after Nets vs. Celtics Game 4 | SportsCenter

Tim Bontemps joins SportsCenter to report on a fan throwing a water bottle at Kyrie Irving after Game 4 of the Brooklyn Nets vs. Boston Celtics series in the first round of the 2021 NBA Playoffs.

Kyrie Irving Reacts To Fan Throwing A Water Bottle At Him After Nets-Celtics Game

Kyrie addresses the media after a fan appeared to throw a water bottle at him after Game 4

Last edited:

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
If I had a choice between the Raptors winning the NBA Final for the first time OR the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup for the 14th time - It will be the Raps every time.

Toronto has been and is one of the most passionate sports cities. Not only do we have franchises in 3 of the big 4 sports leagues - but they have all been at the top and winning it all at least once. The only thing we are missing is our own Toronto NFL team winning a Super Bowl.

In the end, I am happy with our franchises and although I never experienced a Stanley Cup win in my lifetime, we can look back on the rich history of the Leafs franchise and old footage of past glory. Those moments will matter for all time in the hockey history books.

Reactions: Plat87

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If MLSE and Masai don't agree to an extension I wonder if they try and sign Ainge instead?

Reactions: aingefan

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
AA99B7DF-AE84-4972-A324-96D03A3EA97C.png

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
As much as getting the first pick would be great, I’m mostly just hoping for the over 30% chance the Raptors jump into the top 4. Any of Cunningham, Mobley, Suggs, or Green would be a potential game changer for the future.
I didn’t watch a ton of college hoops this year but seems most agree with you that any of the top 4 are high impact players.

Just randomly found that site googling lottery date. Raptors won on the first spin so I took a moment to dream of Cade. Thought I’d share :laugh: Many seem to project a future top 5 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad