Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Raptors should be a playoff team again next year. This year was a odd one with the covid pause when we had momentum and not playing at home.

Overall FVV, Spicy P, OG, Duck, Trent Jr is a good enough 5 to make the playoffs. If Lowry is back we have a 2nd round level team depending in the match-up

I'd love to somehow pry out Sabonis from Indy but I doubt they'd move him. He would be am excellent fit and guy to lead our center position

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Oh shit grizz bench gave up the whole 20pt lead. Still grizz by 7 at the half tho.

Jonas: 16pts (78%), 15rb, 1ast/0to
Demar: 6pts (9%), 2rb, 1ast/1to

AltruisticCreamyDouglasfirbarkbeetle-max-1mb.gif

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man I like DD but he honestly may be the worst performing "star" playoff performer ever in the playoffs.

His 2014, 2015, 2016 playoffs were so bad I terms of efficiency and impact come late game. He was better in 2017 and 2018 but still shot 43% or so from the field while being generally brick from the 3.

5/23 against the Grizzlies? He really is a unplayable guy for a winning team as a top 2 option.

If he were to accept a Carmelo type role I think he could fit on a contending team but he isn't a guy who should be making plays and holding the ball for shots come playoffs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Oh shit grizz bench gave up the whole 20pt lead. Still grizz by 7 at the half tho.

Jonas: 16pts (78%), 15rb, 1ast/0to
Demar: 6pts (9%), 2rb, 1ast/1to

AltruisticCreamyDouglasfirbarkbeetle-max-1mb.gif
Casey misused Jonas a lot of the time here. One of his biggest flaws as a coach here.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Man I like DD but he honestly may be the worst performing "star" playoff performer ever in the playoffs.

His 2014, 2015, 2016 playoffs were so bad I terms of efficiency and impact come late game. He was better in 2017 and 2018 but still shot 43% or so from the field while being generally brick from the 3.

5/23 against the Grizzlies? He really is a unplayable guy for a winning team as a top 2 option.

If he were to accept a Carmelo type role I think he could fit on a contending team but he isn't a guy who should be making plays and holding the ball for shots come playoffs
The saying "there's players that get you to the playoffs and players that get you through the playoffs" applies to Demar perfectly.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

Kyle Lowry, Tamperer-in-Chief, recruited Jeremy Lin to play for the Raptors while he was guarding him in a game after the trade deadline

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Kyle Lowry, Tamperer-in-Chief, recruited Jeremy Lin to play for the Raptors while he was guarding him in a game after the trade deadline

Knowing our luck, the NBA will hammer us with all they got for tampering when the degree of it is so microscopic compared to others.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Nothing will happen. League has a separate set of rules (on and off the court) for LeBron and every other superstar in the league. Most of them wouldn't be as good as they are right now if they didn't.

Just need to pretend like they care for the PR.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Nothing will happen. League has a separate set of rules (on and off the court) for LeBron and every other superstar in the league. Most of them wouldn't be as good as they are right now if they didn't.

Just need to pretend like they care for the PR.

problem with this is Durant got taken out mid game for a covid issue

maybe they all have the vaccine? Once you got both you’re basically good to go in the US

With that being said... if you were running a league you’d break the rules for your generational talent that put millions in your pocket. At the end of the day it’s a game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
problem with this is Durant got taken out mid game for a covid issue

maybe they all have the vaccine? Once you got both you’re basically good to go in the US

With that being said... if you were running a league you’d break the rules for your generational talent that put millions in your pocket. At the end of the day it’s a game.

That was because he tested positive. That does not mean he did anything wrong (it could have been, but he would have been taken out regardless of being stupid or not).

They aren't going to penalize a guy for being stupid or selfish if they are a moneymaker. LeBron knows it too.

I enjoy watching basketball but I think the clear favourtism towards star players detracts from the game. I know I am in the minority, but LeBron and other superstars shouldn't need help.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I dont understand why MLSE would not spend into the luxury tax. They have a championship already, and someone in place that would build another team to get there.

Would be stupid on their part if they dont.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Clips about to blow both home games to the Mavs. Truly cursed franchise what was Kawhi thinking

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Keep Balmer away from Masai
Oh god I never even considered this. What if they flame out and he blows the whole damn thing up. Winning with the Clips in LA would be a feather on masai’s hat and would be a significant upgrade in profile for him

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kawhi could’ve gone back to back with us and instead blew a 3-1 series lead last year and is down 2-0 in round one this year. You hate to see it.

Kawhi Leonard leaving that Toronto lovefest in 2019 turned out to be a lose, lose, lose outcome for both the Raptors, Clippers, and Leonard himself. All we can do now is be the bitter ex and enjoy the schadenfreude.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The ability to go into luxury tax/repeater tax in order to bring in pieces to compete for another title. I don’t think Masai is interested in middling in mediocrity

Fine if we go into luxury tax territory but I wonder if that point is academic when the Raptors struggle to sign big time free agents anyway?

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
How is that anything similar?

Kawhi leaving ended a potential dynasty, and now we’re back in the draft lottery.
He never wanted to come here in the first place. He made a decision that 99% of people would make because it was clearly the best option on the table for him. The argument that he was leaving a potential dynasty falls apart when the Clippers literally acquired Paul George to entice Kawhi to join them. The prospects for a dynasty looked better in LA than they did in Toronto

Yeah we are back in the draft lottery for what, the first time in a decade after being plagued with injuries the entire season. Not the worst spot to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad