Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I remember being annoyed we passed on Skal Labissiere for Siakam, and getting Lowry was a disappointment over not getting an ancient Nash. Now, I also remember being really pissed off taking Raphael Arujao. So, I hope it is a situation like the former than the latter.
problem being this is the 4th pick, not the 29th. 4th pick shouldnt be this size of a gamble when you had a slam dunk(imo) right in front of you. dunno man, hope im wrong but i dont see it.

ItalianLeaf

Nov 2, 2006
from michael grange twitter: Scottie Barnes says he can envision himself being one of the best players in the league if not the best player in the future. Says his shooting has improved since the college season and his offensive abilities have been slept on.

Reactions: WWB

40BayStreet

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
On the bright side, I think the pick is a confirmation Masai is returning. If he is planning on leaving, their is no way Webster makes this pick. Way to risky, pick would’ve absolutely been Suggs.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
problem being this is the 4th pick, not the 29th. 4th pick shouldnt be this size of a gamble when you had a slam dunk(imo) right in front of you. dunno man, hope im wrong but i dont see it.
I think you'd be surprised how often the NBA media messes up consensus pick. Jahlil Okafor over Porzingis, Darko over Anthony and Bosh, Bagley over Donicic and Trey Young, etc.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
from michael grange twitter: Scottie Barnes says he can envision himself being one of the best players in the league if not the best player in the future. Says his shooting has improved since the college season and his offensive abilities have been slept on.
I read somewhere that when the raptors had these draft eligible guys in for their workouts they made them all shoot a lot…maybe they saw something in his shot that really caught their attention.

What’s his upside if he can/has learned to shoot?

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I read somewhere that when the raptors had these draft eligible guys in for their workouts they made them all shoot a lot…maybe they saw something in his shot that really caught their attention.

Like MJ and Lebron fused into one super player... only much better

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Jalen Suggs - win now pick
Scottie Barnes - rebuild pick

Is my logic wrong?

Yup Suggs is the guy ready now but I was never sold on his ceiling. I agree with Barnes (hell I'm riding with Masai - I will trust him over anyone else any day).

I think Masai is smart enough to realize the path to contention this year is tough. The most prudent thing to do would be to flip Siakam for some young assetts. I was praying for a Golden State Trade......I will take Wiseman a pic and Wiggins contract any day.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I think you'd be surprised how often the NBA media messes up consensus pick. Jahlil Okafor over Porzingis, Darko over Anthony and Bosh, Bagley over Donicic and Trey Young, etc.
i dont disagree that the consensus top 4 almost never ends the 4 best players. i just dont see it with barnes. dunno man...i really hope im wong but like i said i dont see it with barnes. im not gonna lose my shit though. hes a rap now so i will just hope he hits his absolute potential.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
WE have the best drafting team the last 10 -15 years. Definitely gonna go with Masai on this one - he says this is the pick this is the pick. Wonder if this means Pascal is gone sooner or later?
There’s a big difference between taking shots in the dark in the late first and second round and hitting on a few (missing on a bunch and passing on some great players in the process as well) and galaxy braining yourself out of the fourth player in a 4 player draft.
If Barnes was their guy they could’ve worked a deal with Orlando or okc and still gotten him or kuminga

Reactions: stickty111

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
scottie barnes doesnt put the same team that had 25 wins last year on a championship level. i love me some lowry but we need a #1 scoring option without losing lowry to legit compete this year.

It is my belief that we are a playoff team under normal circumstances. Last year was a blip. The situation of playing in Tampa, COVID didn't help.

We're a lot better than that and maybe even a playoff team with everyone healthy.

ItalianLeaf

Nov 2, 2006

Maybe Suggs shot bricks during workouts. Maybe barnes turned into steph curry during the workout lol

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yup Suggs is the guy ready now but I was never sold on his ceiling. I agree with Barnes (hell I'm riding with Masai - I will trust him over anyone else any day).

I think Masai is smart enough to realize the path to contention this year is tough. The most prudent thing to do would be to flip Siakam for some young assetts. I was praying for a Golden State Trade......I will take Wiseman a pic and Wiggins contract any day.
Suggs is 19 and has never focused on basketball alone as he’s been a 2 sport athlete up until now. Don’t sleep on jalen

Reactions: heatersthebest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad