Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for everything Lowry, greatest Raptor of all time. But for your championship aspirations and for our future i think it's best for both of us if you move on.

All the best my dude, I'm thinking he lands with the heat or the 76ers.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for everything Lowry, greatest Raptor of all time. But for your championship aspirations and for our future i think it's best for both of us if you move on.

All the best my dude, I'm thinking he lands with the heat or the 76ers.

I second your post. It's time we move Lowry and start to build for the future. I believe a deal with the Heat would suit him and us best. Herro, Robinson and a 1st would be the deal I would like.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It may be a blessing in disguise that Covid basically took this team out of playoff contention. It will force management to do what should have been done regardless.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I second your post. It's time we move Lowry and start to build for the future. I believe a deal with the Heat would suit him and us best. Herro, Robinson and a 1st would be the deal I would like.
That trade doesn’t work financially, and I really doubt Miami gives up two more years of rookie scale Herro for an expiring Lowry.

Raptors would need to take a combination of Dragic/Iguodala/Olynyk and probably Okpala/Achiuwa + pick to make money work.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

I would like to see that, but I think they keep him, which would be a mistake.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
That trade doesn’t work financially, and I really doubt Miami gives up two more years of rookie scale Herro for an expiring Lowry.

Raptors would need to take a combination of Dragic/Iguodala/Olynyk and probably Okpala/Achiuwa + pick to make money work.

I believe Olynyk comes back as part of trade to balance contracts. But Herro and Robinson are part of deal as well. You will probably see a player like McCaw or Johnson or even Flynn made part of the deal as well.

Something like:

Lowry
McCaw
Flynn

for

Herro
Robinson
Olynyk
1st Rounder

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I believe Olynyk comes back as part of trade to balance contracts. But Herro and Robinson are part of deal as well. You will probably see a player like McCaw or Johnson or even Flynn made part of the deal as well.

Something like:

Lowry
McCaw
Flynn

for

Herro
Robinson
Olynyk
1st Rounder
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Olynyk only makes 12 million so you need another 17-18 to offset Lowry’s 30.

Herro + 1st would be a great for the Raptors but Miami would be insane to make that deal. After salary balancing Raptors are more realistically looking at Okpala or Achiuwa + 1st.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Olynyk only makes 12 million so you need another 17-18 to offset Lowry’s 30.

Herro + 1st would be a great for the Raptors but Miami would be insane to make that deal. After salary balancing Raptors are more realistically looking at Okpala or Achiuwa + 1st.

Raptors can make a 3-way deal with Powell ending up in Dallas, Lowry in Miami and Toronto gets young players, picks and expiring vet contracts.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Not a bad year to be bad.

If they can trade Powell and Lowry and net a couple good young players or a couple first rounders, plus a lottery pick, that'd be great.

Some good young talent joining FVV, Siakam and OG. Would still have cap space unless they took on some multi year deals in the trades. Not a bad spot to be in.

Reactions: donghabs98

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
What are realistic returns for Lowry and Powell?

How good is this draft class if we can fall into a top 5 pick?

This draft is really good in the top 5, I actually like the top 5 in this draft more than any prospect in the 2020 draft at this point last year. There is a big drop off after the top 5 though.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Well, at least this should make it crystal clear what to do at the deadline.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Losing to a team that had lost 20 straight.
If the Leafs did that, they would be run out of town. Since it's the Raps, excuses are made.
Easy decision to sell and reload in the off season.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Looks like a team that has given up. Maybe they are sick of Nurse’s consistent whining as well. If they don’t unload Lowry and Powell it’s a big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad