Raptors Discussion: v92 | Off-season for the Raptors. Let's see what Masai has up his sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Kawhi went home as a free agent, not because he demanded a trade. And he never broke any commitment to Toronto - they traded for him and he didn't wanna be here. Despite that he put in an all-time effort to get the team a championship.

The bitterness of fans towards him is bizarre.
I think a lot of the fallout comes because of his recruiting to get another "star" to the Clippers to help him out.
He did tell Raptors management they weren't good enough to repeat without major changes and did say PG was the best player he had ever played with. Those comments came back to bite him in the butt.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Maybe Kawhi should leave the roster construction to GMs instead of thinking he knows everything and dictating a team trade it’s whole future
Kawhi's problem is that he doesn't have many buddies in the NBA. He asks Durant to go to the Clippers but Durant was like "I barely know you" and went with his buddy Kyrie to Brooklyn. Kawhi did not plan his move out well at all and ends up with an overrated Paul George.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kawhi did not plan his move out well at all and ends up with an overrated Paul George.
He had a bad playoffs for sure, but PG was coming off of a year where he averaged over 28 ppg and was one of the premier defensive players in the league.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Nothing but thankfulness for bringing the championship to Toronto. And yes, it was his right to leave. I'm just bitter whenever players shun our teams in all sports. It's even worse when you were given everything, would have been given everything moving forward, and just came off a championship.

This is fair. Being dissapointed when a player doesn't want to be here is natural

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He had a bad playoffs for sure, but PG was coming off of a year where he averaged over 28 ppg and was one of the premier defensive players in the league.
Well he did average 28 per game in 2019 but he also averaged many more shot attempts than any time in his career. I'm not saying he is an average player but he is not the equivalent to AD on the Lakers which people made him out to be.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I think a lot of the fallout comes because of his recruiting to get another "star" to the Clippers to help him out.
He did tell Raptors management they weren't good enough to repeat without major changes and did say PG was the best player he had ever played with. Those comments came back to bite him in the butt.
Next year Kawhi's going to be saying Giannis is the best player he has ever played with, when Masai gets both of them.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Love this guy and his videos.

tl;dr - Kawhi had a really bad game at both ends of the floor.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Good Morning

At least 5 years please. Would love a long-term commitment of 10. Deep down, wish it'd be a lifetime contract. They have a great thing going here, and it'd be great to continue building that culture not only for years, but decades to come.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Interesting if its true. Would be signed to replace Ibaka Im assuming.

Is that guy legit with sources?

Apparently Harrell just unfollowed the Clippers and followed the Raptors on IG.

Last edited:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Masai seemed non-committal about a potential extension which isn't shocking. Would not be surprised if he ended up leaving the NBA completely at the end of his contract tho but I am keeping hope.

Also saying Fred and Serge are priorities.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If FVV were to leave, best situation is to go to NYK because that team will never be relevant.

Wonder if the Knicks are used as a negotiations team that no player ever expects to go to but only to drive up their money.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad