Raptors Discussion: v92 | Off-season for the Raptors. Let's see what Masai has up his sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Newly signed center Aron Baynes discusses signing with the Toronto Raptors, his growth and meshing with the current core.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
PG: Lowry VanVleet
SG Powell Thomas Watanbe Mccaw
SF: Anunoby Bembry Johnson
PF: Siakam Johnson Brissett
C: Baynes Boucher Len

Reactions: hockeywiz542

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Shocked that Davis has not yet been cut. IMO, I don't care that his 1.5M salary is paltry compared to the team payroll, but what he allegedly did was inexcusable and he's not worthy of putting a Raps jersey on and representing our city.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Shocked that Davis has not yet been cut. IMO, I don't care that his 1.5M salary is paltry compared to the team payroll, but what he allegedly did was inexcusable and he's not worthy of putting a Raps jersey on and representing our city.

They likely did not want to create the impression of "guilty before proven innocent", since his court date is on December 11th, and are fine with paying the penalties (or may be able to terminate his contract without penalty anyways) if he is found guilty at a later time.

That is typically how the NBA (and many other sports leagues) handle those kinds of cases and I think that is the right way of going about it. It's not like he gets off if he is found guilty, but he is not getting penalized until he has had his chance to defend himself either.

Seems like the right balance.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

His reputation is already ruined around the entire leagues fan base no matter if he's guilty or not guilty of this. Least we can do is wait this out until all evidence and investigations are complete to judge the kid. If he did it then release him and if not then he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad