Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Raps 8-3, ravaged by injuries
Clips 7-4, I hope Kawhi is happy being at home.

Officiating in the Celtics game was awful too. The team is the ultimate balance team and the depth can suffocate teams. I mean, the architects and the coaching staff are obviously sharing a brain here, they're on the same page. More so than that it looks like the guys have Next Kawhi or Next Lowry mindset, they believe in themselves and are hitting the court and having big games together.

I will be shocked if Kyle isn't given a job here on coaching staff the day he retires. He is going to be a coach or something, maybe a GM. Get this guy into the fold, media division, MLSE or whatever. He is a positive influence and I my mind will be in the HOF as I if he retired tomorrow even.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
The Raptors are simply the more likeable and watchable team right now, over the Leafs. I haven’t watched the Leafs in a while now since their first few games, and I don’t think I’ll be watching them anytime soon. At the very least not until the standings indicate better play. I’ve resorted to basically checking the score at the end of the night.

On the other hand, I find myself excited in anticipation for Raptors games. I even stayed up late to watch last night’s West Coast game. The players are enjoyable, play with passion, have a smile on their faces, and ironically play the type of style that would actually win hockey games too. Lowry running fearless into the war zone for a layup? Siakam’s work ethic to rise from humble beginnings? Yes please.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I used to wait with breathless anticipation for Leafs games. Now, with this unlikeable immature money grubbing team, I PVR the games and watch on fast forward. However, the anxious anticipation has been for the Raptors. I too watched the late games because this team is so engaging. To see the hustle of their star Siakam (unlike the floater Matthews) and the heart and determination of Hollis-Jefferson, Boucher, and Davis is so diametrically opposite the entitled group the Leafs have. Who are the heart and soulers on the Leafs? Who are the Tucker’s, Domi’s, Clark’s of our team? They have become unwatchable and the blame equally lies on the players, coaching, and management.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Pascal's development this year is just amazing.

He took a huge step last year to the point where you wonder, can he really take that step again? Then he comes back this year shooting the ball like f***ing KD. It's absolutely amazing, last year even in the playoffs I was concerned when he was forced to pull up for jumpers now he's taking pull up 3's and hitting them like it's nothing.

The Kobe step back he hit in the last few minutes last night was a thing of beauty. The work ethic on this guy is next to none.

Nick Nurse is incredible as well and Masai keeps pulling guys out of la la land who come in and are contributors.

The Raps are a model organization, who would have ever thought.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
He is a good player off the bench, he was good with the Brooklyn Nets but a little inconsistent, he could thrive and be a better player under a stud coach like Nurse...we are starting to see it, hes a dog defensively.
he played like a mini junk yard dog like night.

Reactions: Plat87

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The thing I love with Siakam is he has shown huge steps in each off season he has had off. Every year he comes back noticeably better. There are player where this improvement happens gradually and some you see little things. With Pascal you just know he put in hundreds of thousands of reps in the off season to get his game to another level.

I love it!

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Pascal's development this year is just amazing.

He took a huge step last year to the point where you wonder, can he really take that step again? Then he comes back this year shooting the ball like ****ing KD. It's absolutely amazing, last year even in the playoffs I was concerned when he was forced to pull up for jumpers now he's taking pull up 3's and hitting them like it's nothing.

The Kobe step back he hit in the last few minutes last night was a thing of beauty. The work ethic on this guy is next to none.

Nick Nurse is incredible as well and Masai keeps pulling guys out of la la land who come in and are contributors.

The Raps are a model organization, who would have ever thought.

One guy changed the culture, Masai, the dude is a national treasure.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I used to wait with breathless anticipation for Leafs games. Now, with this unlikeable immature money grubbing team, I PVR the games and watch on fast forward. However, the anxious anticipation has been for the Raptors. I too watched the late games because this team is so engaging. To see the hustle of their star Siakam (unlike the floater Matthews) and the heart and determination of Hollis-Jefferson, Boucher, and Davis is so diametrically opposite the entitled group the Leafs have. Who are the heart and soulers on the Leafs? Who are the Tucker’s, Domi’s, Clark’s of our team? They have become unwatchable and the blame equally lies on the players, coaching, and management.

This is literally the difference between a player (Siakam) who was born in a 3rd world war-torn country and his drive,passion, hustle being the reason his family is set up for life and Matthews, a guy who probably hasn't seen or been through 1% of what Siakam has just to get to this point.

Siakam's make-up is more similar to the Marchand's, Bergeron's (literally played in the finals with a punctured lung I believe against the Hawks) of the NHL as opposed to the Matthews, Marner's of the league. Guys that you know regardless of win or loss give 110% every game.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Such a fun team to watch. They play so hard on D

Davis looks really good. Will be another steal.

I am not sure we will have enough offense to beat the top teams in the playoffs but we will put up a fight for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad