Raptors Discussion: v88| Kawhi signs with the Clippers. But hey, at least we got a title out of him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Westbrook is really overrated.
We only make that trade if it guaranteed Leonard staying. I'm also not giving up 4-5 unprotected 1st round picks.

If that deal was actually on the table, I probably would've done it from a Raptors POV.

Westbrook + George + the remaining Raptors supporting cast is still a rock solid playoff team for many years with a good chance to make the Finals again even without Kawhi.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
If that deal was actually on the table, I probably would've done it from a Raptors POV.

Westbrook + George + the remaining Raptors supporting cast is still a rock solid playoff team for many years with a good chance to make the Finals again even without Kawhi.

Half of the remaining supporting cast would have been gone in the deal - Siakam, FVV, Lowry, so we would have turned into OKC East, minus 4 first rounders (so we wouldn't even be able to make meaningful additions).

Trust me, you don't want to sacrifice 4 first round picks to become OKC East. And no, that's not a finals team.

Also, what better way to show our appreciation for the guys who brought us the Championship than to ship them off to Oklahoma...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I read here and realgm that Wiggins had very similar stats lines to DD at the same age. With Wiggins they give you a 1st for the gamble.
I would be interested in a rejuvenated Wiggins playing at home for the Raps. He's probably able to be had on the cheap too, given his recent performance.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I would be interested in a rejuvenated Wiggins playing at home for the Raps. He's probably able to be had on the cheap too, given his recent performance.

Wiggins can be had for free by any team that will take his considerable cap hit. The issue is he doesn't play defense, has zero work ethic and lacks passion for the game. In other words, the complete opposite of the type of guy Masai usually acquires.

We also don't have the cap room for him this season (though we will next).

Now presumably he may grace Team Canada with his presence this summer after missing previous tourneys to "work on his game" (lol) and with Nick Nurse coaching, Nick will get a great first-hand look at the guy's effort-level and defense, so if he likes what he sees maybe we'll give him a closer look.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Wiggins can be had for free by any team that will take his considerable cap hit. The issue is he doesn't play defense, has zero work ethic and lacks passion for the game. In other words, the complete opposite of the type of guy Masai usually acquires.

And the complete opposite of Demar. For all his flaws in his game, the one thing you couldn't question was how hard he worked at it.

Reactions: EscapeGoat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad