Raptors Discussion: v87 | It wasn't a dream! It actually happened! 2019 NBA CHAMPION Toronto Raptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
Bigger question is did MLSE send Kawhi back last night?

We would have heard about it from LA fans, tracking the MLSE plane. After people tracked Babs and Tavares MLSE has made it a bit hard to track the plane if it's not actually in flight. Someone photographed assistant coach Jeremy Castleberry stepping out from the hotel late last night and returning, meaning the suites were obviously for the overnight use of the visitors.
Drake got in about 1:10 AM last night from Florida. Even with light traffic from the Hammer he was probably not showing up at Kawhi's hotel room at 2:30 am. If anything they will prob be out and about tonight.
I would wager that they're waiting til July 6th, when contracts can actually become official, ink to paper, press conference etc. Why return to LA, only to come up a few days later? All these deals we have been reading about are technically "in principle". Although it doesn't happen very often sometimes dudes back out of them and go somewhere else (DeAndre Jordan and the Mavs).

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's quite obvious that Kawhi didn't envision being so comfortable here. Otherwise, it would have been an easy decision for him to discount Toronto and decide between the Lakers or Clippers.

I would like to think that the longer it takes, the more it weighs in our favor, but that's not necessarily true. It could be that the decision to leave Toronto to go back home is just much more difficult than he could have possibly imagined a year ago.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's quite obvious that Kawhi didn't envision being so comfortable here. Otherwise, it would have been an easy decision for him to discount Toronto and decide between the Lakers or Clippers.

I would like to think that the longer it takes, the more it weighs in our favor, but that's not necessarily true. It could be that the decision to leave Toronto to have go back home is just much more difficult than he could have possibly imagined a year ago.
Something I saw on twitter.
If he isn't making a decision today on Independence day, Kawhi is being respectful to not tell US teams today he is staying in Toronto.
I don't know if he cares about that kind of stuff though.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I hope I'm wrong, but - to me - it feels more and more like he's LA bound. Wouldn't the quickest decision be to return to Toronto? He knows the team, city, management, the roster, etc, etc. The waiting feels like what you do if you're leaving where you are and are lining up some of the logistics for how it's going to happen.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Teams can't announce either way until Saturday - right?

Hope all are well in Cali.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

I would like to think that the longer it takes, the more it weighs in our favor, but that's not necessarily true. It could be that the decision to leave Toronto to go back home is just much more difficult than he could have possibly imagined a year ago.

This is why I love sports and these debates/conversations.

I feel the exact opposite. I know it's silly, but I think about what I would do if somebody in another city offered me a comparable job to what I'm doing now. If my decision was to stay where I was, I would communicate that immediately. But, if I was inclined to go, I might take some time and figure some things out before making the ultimate final decision.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Two questions I have after everything that has happened the past 24 hours.

1. There was some debate yesterday that Kawhi had met the Raptors in LA this week and then flew back yesterday. Has a meeting in LA ever been confirmed or was yesterday THE meeting?

2. Did Kawhi leave town and go back to LA last night/this morning?

Anybody know? I know the question question was a talking point on (the show formerly known as) Prime Time last night between Blair and Deitsch.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This is why I love sports and these debates/conversations.

I feel the exact opposite. I know it's silly, but I think about what I would do if somebody in another city offered me a comparable job to what I'm doing now. If my decision was to stay where I was, I would communicate that immediately. But, if I was inclined to go, I might take some time and figure some things out before making the ultimate final decision.
The other city is his home though.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cal Stevenson back to crushing baseballs.

Since June 17th (63 PA over 13 games):

.449/.571/.571 241 wRC+, 2.00 BB/K

His hitting streak extends back another 4 games but the stats obviously aren't as cool for it to be worth the arbitrary cutoff.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

His hitting streak extends back another 4 games but the stats obviously aren't as cool for it to be worth the arbitrary cutoff.
Wrong thread man.

Reactions: TimeZone and Gains

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

But can he play RHD?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

How's his jump shot?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Over/under on Stephen A. shedding 1.5 tears when Kawhi re-signs with us?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

drake doing his part
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

lol chris broussard.

Let's get into our time machines for a moment, shall we?

broussard.jpg

(Broussard appears to have nuked his old twitter feed, so the tweets themselves, from his side, are unavailable now)

This begat a response:

@mcuban if you had the address last night, you would've gone to the house. I stand by my multiple sources who had u calling & texting them
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 9, 2015

and

And this is just the first dumb Chris Broussard thing I came across.​

Reactions: Gains

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
ok but even if so, does it matter that Drake may have been in Miami at the time? he could have done a remote teleconference or skype video call during the meeting at the hazelton yesterday; didn't have to be there in person (although for PR and optics it obviously would have been better)

everyone is talking out of their ass at this point

woj has been silent lately and is probably the only one to be trusted

At this point everyone is throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Everyone scenario has been proclaimed by someone as the truth. In the end no one really knows what's happening, the best is to just let things unfold.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The coverage of ‘Kawhi Watch’ is in the borderline of stalkerish and embarrassing sometimes...

Next we will find out that Kawhi will get an endorsement from Canadian Tire, he will star in the new motor master line of car batteries!!!!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The coverage of ‘Kawhi Watch’ is in the borderline of stalkerish and embarrassing sometimes...

Next we will find out that Kawhi will get an endorsement from Canadian Tire, he will star in the new motor master line of car batteries!!!!
Following his SUV OJ style was simply ridiculous and demonstrates why 24/7 News outlets greet a bad rep.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I'd totally watch a commercial with Kawhi and Gary the Canadian Tire guy.

Also this is post #1000. New thread: Raptors Discussion: - v88| Kawhi-watch 2019: because stalking someone just isn't the same without live helicopter chases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad