Raptors Discussion: v87 | It wasn't a dream! It actually happened! 2019 NBA CHAMPION Toronto Raptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I heard a guy call in on The Fan this morning who works at a private school in the GTA and he said that Kawhi was recently looking into registering his daughter there for the upcoming school year. Take that for what it's worth.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I heard a guy call in on The Fan this morning who works at a private school in the GTA and he said that Kawhi was recently looking into registering his daughter there for the upcoming school year. Take that for what it's worth.

not sure it means much

there were rumours about him supposedly enrolling his kid in a school in niagara of all places back in june:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Whether it's true or not is really besides the point. I'm sure he/his family have looked into schools in LA too. To me, if it is true, it's an indication of what we already know: he's considering LA and Toronto. For somebody in Kawhi's income bracket, I don't think paying the pre-registration fee to a private school, or whatever, and then later cancelling because he decided to go to LA, would be a huge deal.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

Chris Broussard
Chris Broussard Verified Account
@Chris_Broussard

Kawhi Update: Raptors had strong meeting yesterday. Drake heavily involved. Talked of having Kawhi involved w/his OVO record label. Kawhi in deep soul searching. Wants Lakers but wants to make sure Big 3 will fit/work. Clippers out. It’s btwn Lakers & Raptors. Very close.

drake doing his part
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Man this decision weighing me down boys. Thankfully July 4th is a slow ass day for me. Thanks to some of the posters here been reading realGM on the regular. Not sure to thank or hate y’all.:laugh:

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Have to think the trust in our training staff, coaches and front office is too great for anyone to overcome.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

drake doing his part
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This is what I meant by a big grain of salt.

How does this guy know this information?

Jalen Rose reported it was 99% the Raptors.

Chris Carter said it was still all three teams.

All three of them can't be right. If they all have "sources close to Kawhi" how can they be getting wildly divergent information?

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I'll always root for kawhi but if he goes to the lakers I wouldn't root for that team. If he went to clippers I'd root for them.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

All three of them can't be right. If they all have "sources close to Kawhi" how can they be getting wildly divergent information?
Chris Boussard isn't reliable. Chris Carter shares the same agent, so he is probably dependable.
Jalen Rose is the wierd one. He doesn't make a lot of rumors, so he might be somewhat reliable. Chris Haynes is another one we can trust.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

I suspect it's a way of sabotaging our chances by trying to make Kawhi believe that anyone pro-Raps is leaking info and that's a big no-no in his book; the fact is, no one knows shit, and we're just eating it up until he finally makes his decision.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Can an NBA contract have a player option come in the middle of a contract, or does it have to be at the end? Cause if it can, why not just do a 4 or 5 year max contract with a player option after the 2’nd year.
Do you mean like can he opt out after that second year? Cause if so then no. The only available options are player and team. They agree to the base length (2,3,4) and a player/team option allows either the player to opt-in for another year, or the team to opt in for the other year. Usually you see more player options given out than team options

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No matter what happens, as a lifelong huge Raptors fan, Kawhi got us a championship and for that he will forever be my favorite Raptor! That said, PLEASE COME BACK!

Reactions: WWB

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Could be that with Mas' word that if he wants to go he will trade him where he wants and when.
Yeah that would be a good thing to do in principle, but it’s not like you can put that in a contract. I like to think that Kawhi would be able to trust Masai if he made a promise like that though

Reactions: thewave

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
The way that Niagara rumour started was so weird. Kawhi had said for months that he intended to see the falls when he had some free time. The same day, that screenshot and unconfirmed tip from "a school employee" leaked. It was two completely seperate things. It holds about as much water as the tip that Kawhi or his proxy Uncle Dennis have bought a house not too far from that private school.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
This guy is talking out of his ***. Drake's private jet was in Miami up until like 9-10 AM today when it landed in Hamilton.

ok but even if so, does it matter that Drake may have been in Miami at the time? he could have done a remote teleconference or skype video call during the meeting at the hazelton yesterday; didn't have to be there in person (although for PR and optics it obviously would have been better)

everyone is talking out of their ass at this point

woj has been silent lately and is probably the only one to be trusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->