Raptors Discussion: v87 | It wasn't a dream! It actually happened! 2019 NBA CHAMPION Toronto Raptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
But seriously, didn't Kawhi's camp say no leaks, and for some reason Jalen brings up the 1+1 and 99% guarantee?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
But seriously, didn't Kawhi's camp say no leaks, and for some reason Jalen brings up the 1+1 and 99% guarantee?
You shouldn't believe any of them. Rose seems more accurate given his history, but I take his takes with a mountain of salt. Leonard is a mystery, people really need to stop acting like they know what hes doing. All these people acting like because he showed up in Toronto means hes signing here need to cool their jets. He'd planned this trip weeks ago. It means nothing. Leonard is doing his due dillegence, as any free agent should. It's crazy to me that more free agents dont do this.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Masai is a king. Read an article on sportsnet earlier about how when Kawhi got here last year he asked him how long Masai was staying here.

Im pretty confident hes returning to Toronto. and im more excited since it could be a max contract instead of the 1+1

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
To me this is a big not happening. He came all the way here and sat down but no announcement. Drake is coming in tonight so maybe they will talk a bit but, doesn't look good tbh. I think it's over.

Honestly, why would he even bother coming in and telling Masai- NO? Who would do that?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This nba free agency has been nuts. The Decision #2 is way better than #1 so far.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This nba free agency has been nuts. The Decision #2 is way better than #1 so far.
I said it a while ago that, Kawhi and NB are taking the time and pretty much using it to promote NB. But unlike LBJ, they are acting like this is normal business thus no public backlash.
I think getting into TO is a stroke of Genius.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Imagine JT did that last year or Panarin, Stone and others did it this year. NHL players just don’t have the stomach to do it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Masai is a king. Read an article on sportsnet earlier about how when Kawhi got here last year he asked him how long Masai was staying here.

Im pretty confident hes returning to Toronto. and im more excited since it could be a max contract instead of the 1+1
It wont be a max contract whether its here or LA methinks. Kawai isnt all about the money but he'd be stupid to sign a 4 or 5 year deal.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It wont be a max contract whether its here or LA methinks. Kawai isnt all about the money but he'd be stupid to sign a 4 or 5 year deal.

If he signs a 2 year deal he’s eligible for a new bracket of a super max contract afterwards.

I think it’s 40 percent of the cap after 10 years in the league so he’d be looking at roughly 45 million per year once eligible.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Two year deal (2nd year player option) back to Toronto. He'll likely opt out after the first year then sign a massive deal somewhere.

I've been flip flopping but this is what I'm going with right now.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Love the media throughout. All those Clippers, Lakers and decision day yesterday folks are obviously guessing and hoping.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
A 2 year deal is out of question with Kawhi considering his injury history. I highly doubt he risks signing a short term deal with us. It’s going to be a 4+1 imo. Whether or not it’s the lakers or us, we’ll find out soon enough

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
A 2 year deal is out of question with Kawhi considering his injury history. I highly doubt he risks signing a short term deal with us. It’s going to be a 4+1 imo. Whether or not it’s the lakers or us, we’ll find out soon enough

Can an NBA contract have a player option come in the middle of a contract, or does it have to be at the end? Cause if it can, why not just do a 4 or 5 year max contract with a player option after the 2’nd year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Could be that with Mas' word that if he wants to go he will trade him where he wants and when.

Reactions: StevenB

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I think he's going to the Lakers. If he does, I don't begrudge him going to his hometown to play. However, I'm not sure it's the best/right move for his career. Like it or not, the perception will be that he is second fiddle to LeBron (barring some kind of catastrophic injury to LeBron). The dynamics of the Lakers situation in comparison to the Raptors make it a very interesting choice for him to make (assuming he does go to LA).

If he does go, I wish him the best of luck. Not going to lie, it's kind of crappy. I honestly thought he would do a 1 +1, try and run it back in Toronto next year and then re-examine the two LA teams next summer.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'm taking all the rumours and the reports from those who claim to know how Kawhi is leaning or what he is thinking right now with a GIANT grain of salt.

I mean, these same people had no idea he was flying to a meeting in Toronto yesterday until somebody at the airport said the plane was coming in. If they didn't know that, how can they possibly know what Kawhi is thinking?

Reactions: Stylizer1

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I find it hard to believe Lakers are his best option. Anthony Davis is Injury prone, Kawhi needs load management, and who knows what we will see out of Lebron. Lakers have zero depth to fill in these gaps. Raps have proved they can survive without him during the season. Not sure the lakers will be able to guarantee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->