Raptors Discussion: V82 |Clear your Sunday too | Finals game 2: vs GSW | Jun 2, 8pm ET/5pm PT | Raptors lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I had the privilege of traveling in India (New Delhi, Jaipur & Jaisalmer) last winter and it was a life-changing experience. It was chaotic at first sight but it was the most beautiful, living, growing and poetic chaos I ever witness.

(If you could just tone down the spices in all of your meals, that be great, cause I’m still ****ting blood 5 months later)

that's probably not the spices if you've been travelling in India...

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
I was born in Edmonton so I don't know what it is like there in terms of everyday life. But everytime I've went I've left amazed and truly proud of where I come from. If you look past the insane amount of corruption/poverty/what a **** show it can be, India is a beautiful place. At least in Punjab (where my origins are, haven't really been anywhere else).

And no, no we can't tone down the spiciness of our food. We enjoy it when it isn't bland :P
I feel you. Don’t ever stop being proud of where you’re from.

Take care brother.

Reactions: 780il

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
You, me, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, White, Black, Brown, Atheist, Muslim, Men, Trans, Women, Old, Young.

It doesn’t matter.

We the North.

For sure. Raptors and Jays are teams that bring Canada together.

We the North. Go Raptors. They have have all of Canada on their side.

Well said Broad Street. This is coming from the most redneck white trash dude ever. But I’m Canadian and love everyone.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
For sure. Raptors and Jays are teams that bring Canada together.

We the North. Go Raptors. They have have all of Canada on their side.

Well said Broad Street. This is coming from the most redneck white trash dude ever. But I’m Canadian and love everyone.
And I’m a self-absorbed white trash millenial.

Nobody’s perfect, let’s just try to be better. You have my respect.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Is Durant expected to play this series?

Cousins is expected to play game 1, but Gasol will probably able to handle him.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have to say this...

With hockey, every province in this country has their teams to cheer for and it goes with the territory ( Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Jets, Leafs, Canadiens, Senators )...and some are transplanted fans in other provinces who cheer for opposing teams as well.

With the other sports like NBA and MLB, we only have one team from Canada to cheer for. With the Grizzlies from Vancouver when they left, a lot of fans still hold onto memories of what they had, same with the Expos who had tons of memories left within the country...

Blue Jays are Canada’s only MLB team, Raptors are the only NBA team...when it comes to national pride, both of these teams are what this country cheers for.

NHL is different cause of multiple teams, both the Raps and Jays carry a special place in Canadians heart...they are the national team.

The Raps making the NBA finals, the whole country is cheering and intrigued...it’s like the Jays going to the World Series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plat87

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I was born in Edmonton so I don't know what it is like there in terms of everyday life. But everytime I've went I've left amazed and truly proud of where I come from. If you look past the insane amount of corruption/poverty/what a **** show it can be, India is a beautiful place. At least in Punjab (where my origins are, haven't really been anywhere else).

And no, no we can't tone down the spiciness of our food. We enjoy it when it isn't bland :P

Are you perchance a cricket fan? I recently got into cricket (via Netflix documentary) and became a fan of the Mumbai Indians- in my mind they are “Toronto’s” cricket team - they won the championship this year!

On topic, I agree that we should let Green cover Curry and possibly Lowry depending on whether it is effective or not. Let’s Go Raptors!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2019-5-27_7-42-37.png

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Warriors will bring the least amount of rim protection we've seen since Orlando. Siakam should be able to get off. Embiid and Giannis were really able to keep him away from the rim most of their respective series. We Should have a rebounding edge as well. We'll obviously need to shoot well against Golden State but we can't get sucked into a 3pt contest with them early. We'll need to defend the 3pt line like demons and dominate the paint. Their off ball defense is as good, if not better, than ours so protecting the ball will be as important here as it was against The Bucks.

I'm hoping that our tough road to the finals works in our favour. I think the way we handled The Bucks is being underrated and seen as a Bucks failure rather than a Raptors success

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Are you perchance a cricket fan? I recently got into cricket (via Netflix documentary) and became a fan of the Mumbai Indians- in my mind they are “Toronto’s” cricket team - they won the championship this year!

On topic, I agree that we should let Green cover Curry and possibly Lowry depending on whether it is effective or not. Let’s Go Raptors!
I hate it lol

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The Raps making it to the finals is a great win for the franchise and country. But as the players have said they are not happy just yet. And us Raps fans shouldn't be either.

Yes we matched up well in the regular season against GS and came away with 2 victories. But the regular season and playoffs are two different beasts.

Can the Raps beat GS, definitely . But they will need to continue to get contribution from their bench as they did this last series against the Bucks. And they also need to guard the 3 pt line with consistency. If they do this, we will have a shot.

My prediction is that its either GS in 6 or the Raps in 7. Strap in for a long series. A lot of ups and downs.

GO Raps GO.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I still don't think I realize how huge this actually is. The Raptors in the NBA finals. Crazy

So huge that the US are all becoming anti-Raptors.

Think about it, how long has NBA been around? And every year an American team has taken home a Championship!!!!

Like the Blue Jays in the early 90's, that took home the ultimate prize in America's game. The Raps have another opportunity to make history. Not only is it the first time another team other then 2 American teams have made it finals, they have a legitimate chance to be crowned NBA Champions.

This is how big this actually is. It huge.

Reactions: MsMeow and 780il

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
So huge that the US are all becoming anti-Raptors.

Think about it, how long has NBA been around? And every year an American team has taken home a Championship!!!!

Like the Blue Jays in the early 90's, that took home the ultimate prize in America's game. The Raps have another opportunity to make history. Not only is it the first time another team other then 2 American teams have made it finals, they have a legitimate chance to be crowned NBA Champions.

This is how big this actually is. It huge.

Like most issues, it's a lot bigger thing to Canada than it is to the US.

I don't really think they're becoming anti-Raptors so much as just tuning out. With that weird team from up north in the finals, there's just not a lot of interest any more.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Like most issues, it's a lot bigger thing to Canada than it is to the US.

I don't really think they're becoming anti-Raptors so much as just tuning out. With that weird team from up north in the finals, there's just not a lot of interest any more.

I would be surprised if this matchup doesn't generate high national television ratings in the U.S., considering the Kawhi factor.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The downside to winning Game 1 is you'll probably get the Paul Pierce curse put on you after the win.

Reactions: 780il

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
The downside to winning Game 1 is you'll probably get the Paul Pierce curse put on you after the win.
Actually, I think in this case it'd be more likely for Pierce to say "It doesn't matter that the Raptors won a game; Warriors definitely still got this."

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Regarding Leonard staying in Toronto: is there anyone we could pickup to entice him to stay more? Seems like the effort required from him is pretty extreme here. Be easier elsewhere. Could we change that at all?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Regarding Leonard staying in Toronto: is there anyone we could pickup to entice him to stay more? Seems like the effort required from him is pretty extreme here. Be easier elsewhere. Could we change that at all?
Trade Siakam + Ibaka + OG + any picks necessary for Anthony Davis. This is dependent on Kawhi staying ofc, if he leaves we are going full rebuild mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: TML Dynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad