Raptors Discussion: V82 |Clear your Sunday too | Finals game 2: vs GSW | Jun 2, 8pm ET/5pm PT | Raptors lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Man, I just woke up and had this crazy dream last night that the Raptors are in the NBA Final.

But that's just crazy, yeah?

Crazy dream come true. I have yet another, even more crazy dream and if that comes true, this city is going to go well ... crazy!!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It reminded me when the Blue Jays on their 4th try finally won the AL Pennant, it was a long time coming after the heartbreak of previous playoff failures.

Reactions: The Cobra

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
As someone who lived through the Andrea days and then the heartbreak of the Nets series, last night left me in a stunned state. To think of all the playoff disappointments, the critics and the lack of respect the Raps get south of the broader, it was great to soak in the moment. You saw it from the faces of everyone who's been with the team for long from Leo to Lowry. The Raps made it to the big stage and no one can deny it.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think the Raptors match up pretty good against the Warriors. Warriors will be the favorite but I don't think they are big ones. A lot will depend on Durant. He's doubtful for Game 1 right now, so we'll see when (if) we see him.

Game 1 is obviously crucial. They need to take advantage of home court.

I assume Kawhi will guard Curry with Durant absent.

Bench needs to continue strong play and wouldn't hurt if Green could hit a wide open shot.

Offensive rebounds shouldn't be as big an issue. The Bucks are big and one of the best rebounding teams.

Heart says Raptors, so I'm going with that ;)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The story how this team has gotten here is pretty special though. If it wasnt for Dolan vetoing the Lowry trade the Raps would have been rebuilding back in 2013. If it wasn't for Masai and his drafting/moves this team wouldn't have Kawhi or guys like Pascal or Fred.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I think you gotta go:

Powell or Green on Curry
Kawhi on Clay
Lowry on Iggy
Siakam on Green
Gasol on Boogy

And pray KD don't play.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

He hasn't played in so long, so hard to say how effective he could be.

It can only help to have another potential rotation player available. He was good at times last year in the playoffs.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It can only help to have another potential rotation player available. He was good at times last year in the playoffs.

I like OG and he would definitely be part of the rotation if he was healthy. Just adding him after a couple months off into the high intensity finals might be tough.

We'll see how he adjusts.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I think you gotta go:

Powell or Green on Curry
Kawhi on Clay
Lowry on Iggy
Siakam on Green
Gasol on Boogy

And pray KD don't play.

Kawhi guards Iggy until you need him to lock down Klay or Steph late in games. Let him use his energy on offense.

Lowry/Curry
Green/Klay
Kawhi/Leonard
Siakim/Green
Gasol/Whoever is at centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad