Raptors Discussion: V82 |Clear your Sunday too | Finals game 2: vs GSW | Jun 2, 8pm ET/5pm PT | Raptors lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think you put Kawhi on Curry, Siakam on Green, and Green/Powell on Klay. Lowry and Gasol can be the help defenders.

Reactions: Tuggy and 780il

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I think the Raptors match up pretty good against the Warriors. Warriors will be the favorite but I don't think they are big ones. A lot will depend on Durant. He's doubtful for Game 1 right now, so we'll see when (if) we see him.

Game 1 is obviously crucial. They need to take advantage of home court.

I assume Kawhi will guard Curry with Durant absent.

Bench needs to continue strong play and wouldn't hurt if Green could hit a wide open shot.

Offensive rebounds shouldn't be as big an issue. The Bucks are big and one of the best rebounding teams.

Heart says Raptors, so I'm going with that ;)

GS will just rain down 3's from Bloor, seems like we defend the paint well but not so sure we have an answer for Curry 3's or Thompson's unworldly play.

If the Raps win the series, it will be one of the biggest upsets in North American team sports in a long time.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
GS will just rain down 3's from Bloor, seems like we defend the paint well but not so sure we have an answer for Curry 3's or Thompson's unworldly play.

If the Raps win the series, it will be one of the biggest upsets in North American team sports in a long time.

With Durant playing, I agree it's a huge upset.

But without him, the gap isn't that far.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I think the Raptors match up pretty good against the Warriors. Warriors will be the favorite but I don't think they are big ones. A lot will depend on Durant. He's doubtful for Game 1 right now, so we'll see when (if) we see him.

Bench needs to continue strong play and wouldn't hurt if Green could hit a wide open shot.

Offensive rebounds shouldn't be as big an issue. The Bucks are big and one of the best rebounding teams.

538 has raptors favored to win..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526-191825_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-191825_Chrome.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 5

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

The defensive schemes that they had in the Bucks series is completely different from how they'll approach the Warriors.

With that being said, opponents have shot .313% from 3 against the Raps in the playoffs, which is 3rd best behind the 76ers and Rockets (Raps also faced 200+ more 3s). Warriors opponents have shot .365% from 3.

Classic case of best defence vs best offence, but obviously the Warriors have that experience of being here sans KD so it's all up to whether or not the Raps can defend home court and make offensive runs to close out.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
GSW defence isn't the greatest so if we can hit our open shots then we easily have a chance this series. Defence wins championships and I believe ours can slow their offence down and our offence is good enough to put up points against their defence.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Problem is Steph is the best off ball player in the league and you worry about a guy like Kawhi tiring out from chasing him on the defensive side.
Fair, but don't you think putting kawhi on Iggy is a waste of resources? Maybe put him on klay?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Problem is Steph is the best off ball player in the league and you worry about a guy like Kawhi tiring out from chasing him on the defensive side.

You can have Lowry be the help on Steph. It shouldn’t burn us unless one of their non star players get hot.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Kawhi on Draymond so it eliminates the Steph/Draymond P&R

Lowry was good on screens against Redick, I'll give him the first shot against Steph. X-factor in this series is Green because he's the perfect defender for Klay so if he's even remotely playable on the offensive end it means you can stick Siakam on Iggy/Looney and let him eat on the offensive end.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Durant can’t be in good shape. They already said he was going to miss the first 2 games over a week before the finals even started. I doubt he’s coming back, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Curry is a mismatch in most cases. Who ever is guarding him is gonna tire out. I would put Kawhi on Green and have Kawhi pressure the ball on occasion because you can't let him break out and dribble coast to coast. GS get a lot of fast break points and Green is one of the best dribbling downhill. He would also disrupt the pick and roll Green and Curry run. Even though Toronto is bigger they are probably going to average zero offensive rebounds because they will definitely will want to be back on D. Siakam on Igoudala, Lowry on Curry, Green on Thompson, and Gasol on Looney.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Beautiful.

Makes me proud to be an Indo Canadian myself
I had the privilege of traveling in India (New Delhi, Jaipur & Jaisalmer) last winter and it was a life-changing experience. It was chaotic at first sight but it was the most beautiful, living, growing and poetic chaos I ever witness.

(If you could just tone down the spices in all of your meals, that be great, cause I’m still shitting blood 5 months later)

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I had the privilege of traveling in India (New Delhi, Jaipur & Jaisalmer) last winter and it was a life-changing experience. It was chaotic at first sight but it was the most beautiful, living, growing and poetic chaos I ever witness.

(If you could just tone down the spices in all of your meals, that be great, cause I’m still ****ting blood 5 months later)
I was born in Edmonton so I don't know what it is like there in terms of everyday life. But everytime I've went I've left amazed and truly proud of where I come from. If you look past the insane amount of corruption/poverty/what a shit show it can be, India is a beautiful place. At least in Punjab (where my origins are, haven't really been anywhere else).

And no, no we can't tone down the spiciness of our food. We enjoy it when it isn't bland :P

Reactions: Pi and sparxx87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad