Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
This was one of those games where everyone played great

- I like the idea moving forward of taking Lowry out 5-6 minutes into the 1st quarter and having him play with the 2nd unit. Our 2nd unit by themselves is shaky but having Lowry there will give guys like Lin, OG, Ibaka/Gasol, Norm more open looks and willingness to be more aggressive

-I'd love to see Kawhi give Siakam more responsibility down the stretch on the offensive end and hopefully it translates to Kawhi not having to take on so much of an offensive load and having greater focus defensively

-Like Lowry, Marc Gasol is a player who's impact clearly goes beyond raw box score stats. I'm still hoping he gets more involved offensively

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This was a great win. Miami is hot and are battling for the last playoff spot and we blew them out in their own building without Kawhi. Impressive showing.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Only casual fans and outsiders believe DeRozan is greater
Anyone who follows the Raptors closely knows Lowry is the GOAT Raptor

Even with Carters abrupt exit he’s in that discussion because of what he did accomplish. On the court Lowry is better for the numbers but the off court stuff while on the team can’t be matched short of a title

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
2GB of the Bucks (3 since they have the tiebreaker), but 6 up on the Pacers and Sixers, who they both have the tiebreaker over (really 7 games), and 7 up on the Celtics who they are still TBD on.

They're likely to play the Nets or Pistons in Round 1 unless the Heat or Magic go on a run.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
If I'm Kawhi, my best bet for my career would be staying with the Raps IMO. I don't know if any other team would've handled his load management as willingly. I doubt the Clippers or some west team will be as willing to do so and it's a big risk for him that his next coach doesn't play him 36+ minutes every single game for their team to win.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This was one of those games where everyone played great

- I like the idea moving forward of taking Lowry out 5-6 minutes into the 1st quarter and having him play with the 2nd unit. Our 2nd unit by themselves is shaky but having Lowry there will give guys like Lin, OG, Ibaka/Gasol, Norm more open looks and willingness to be more aggressive

-I'd love to see Kawhi give Siakam more responsibility down the stretch on the offensive end and hopefully it translates to Kawhi not having to take on so much of an offensive load and having greater focus defensively

-Like Lowry, Marc Gasol is a player who's impact clearly goes beyond raw box score stats. I'm still hoping he gets more involved offensively

The biggest difference between Nurse and Casey has been Nurse's ability and willingness to make in game adjustments based on circumstances.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wonder what made Ibaka lose his shit like that? Holy. He is gone for at least a couple of games, you'd think. I don't think he can let some scrub get to him like that. We don't know what was said, obviously.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I don't get it. Why did we trade for Gasol if we're only going to give him the JV treatment?? With the Grizz he was averaging 33 mins and 15.7 pts and 8.7 rebs per game and now with the Raps for some inexplicable reason we're only playing him 23 mins and he's putting up 9.5 pts and 6.1 per game. Like WTF?!!

At least give him close to 30 mins and a few more shot attempts so that he can put up something close to what he was doing with the Grizz, otherwise what was the point in trading for him?? :shakehead Only winners from this trade so far is JV and Delon who are getting more minutes to shine and show what they can do. Especially with JV, I'm glad he's doing well with the Grizz so far and that he's away from the Raps who have done nothing but jerk him around while he was here and waste the early part of his career. Lets hope he gets better and better and show the Raps they were wrong about him all this time. :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad