Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Twist: Kawhi leaves, Gasol declines his option, Green leaves, Lin Leaves, the team senses things aren't going to work with the rest of the roster, trades Lowry, and the Raptors that go to Japan are a rebuilding team with a starting 5 of Ibaka - OG - Siakam - Powell - VanVleet.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Load management on back to back games is fine, but this is getting a little bit ridiculous. Is Kawhi that much of a baby or what. If I was Lowry and company busting my butt every night while this guy watched from the bench, it wouldn't sit well with me.

It's not just that, but I don't want to see Lowry exhausted by the time playoffs come around.

He's really starting to round into form now - last night he was a beast. But gotta save something for the post-season.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Twist: Kawhi leaves, Gasol declines his option, Green leaves, Lin Leaves, the team senses things aren't going to work with the rest of the roster, trades Lowry, and the Raptors that go to Japan are a rebuilding team with a starting 5 of Ibaka - OG - Siakam - Powell - VanVleet.

That’s just depressing

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The Ritz, chicken wings, Love and war: 24 hours inside an...

Casey is also keenly aware that, depending on how the bracket shakes out, the Pistons and Toronto could meet in the first round of the playoffs.

“It would mean a lot,” Casey said. “This is a storied franchise in Detroit. There are three championship trophies you see every time you walk into the building. It’s not like in Toronto, where they’ve never tasted it. The fans in Detroit, they know what a championship is all about, and it’s like, let’s get this thing back on track.”

Unfortunately the Pistons are probably better than Brooklyn because this would be one hell of a nice Easter weekend voyage for games 3/4.

We're definitely shooting for the Pacers if they hold onto the 3rd seed. They're the only one to give us a shot at advancing to the second round.

Outside of that we might win a game, maybe two if we're lucky because of Griffin. Drummond has picked it up and Casey, unlike SVG, has done a better job at developing younger guys. But our wings are still pretty much poop on a stick and there just isn't much depth at all.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
OK as long as we make the finals and Pascal becomes a top 15 player than deal.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
We're definitely shooting for the Pacers if they hold onto the 3rd seed. They're the only one to give us a shot at advancing to the second round.

Outside of that we might win a game, maybe two if we're lucky because of Griffin. Drummond has picked it up and Casey, unlike SVG, has done a better job at developing younger guys. But our wings are still pretty much poop on a stick and there just isn't much depth at all.

Uh, what?

Edit: ok I’m guessing you’re a Pistons fan.

Last edited:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Uh, what?

Raptors are...tanking for 6th apparently.

And I mean either way the Nets aren't finishing ahead of Detroit unless Detroit absolutely collapses. The Nets have a seven game road trip that includes four west playoff teams and ends with a trip to Philly followed by Boston/Milwaukee/Toronto/Milwaukee/Indiana. They'll be in tough to finish with 40 wins.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Raptors are...tanking for 6th apparently.

And I mean either way the Nets aren't finishing ahead of Detroit unless Detroit absolutely collapses. The Nets have a seven game road trip that includes four west playoff teams and ends with a trip to Philly followed by Boston/Milwaukee/Toronto/Milwaukee/Indiana. They'll be in tough to finish with 40 wins.

I legit thought he was talking about the Raps. Didn’t clue in that a Pistons fan would venture to this thread.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I see two shots across the bow from Casey at our city and coaching staff:

Dwane Casey appears to take a shot at Raptors after beating former team

“This is a storied franchise in Detroit. There are three championship trophies you see every time you walk into the building. It’s not like in Toronto, where they’ve never tasted it."

Dwane Casey: Raptors running same plays as five years ago - Sportsnet.ca

“Changes, I don’t know about changes. I’d say additions of Leonard and Danny Green have been great,” Casey told reporters. “[But] you’ve got the additions of Danny and Kawhi Leonard, two starters on a championship team, defenders. Those are the additions more so than changes because I see the same plays that we ran the last four, five years being run. Not a lot of changes from that standpoint.”

I know the second link was from last November, but he said pretty much the same thing again when they beat us on Sunday, just couldn't find it.

Can't wait to play him again with our full lineup on the 17th; hope the guys win it for Nurse as the trash talk has to stop.

Reactions: Kurtz

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I see two shots across the bow from Casey at our city and coaching staff:

Dwane Casey appears to take a shot at Raptors after beating former team

Dwane Casey: Raptors running same plays as five years ago - Sportsnet.ca

I know the second link was from last November, but he said pretty much the same thing again when they beat us on Sunday, just couldn't find it.

Can't wait to play him again with our full lineup on the 17th; hope the guys win it for Nurse as the trash talk has to stop.
Pistons would get slapped around if we had Kawhi in the lineup

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Casey's such a petty scumbag. I wonder who he'll blame his next playoff sweep on. Whoever it is, you can be sure that he'll be wearing his assistant coach championship ring at the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad