Raptors Discussion: V61 - Round 2 (post season play continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If Lowry doesn't shoot and DeMar doesn't shoot...who exactly is shooting?

Outside of getting JV the ball a bit more this team has absolutely no one else who can create...

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Lowry has been taking far fewer shots in the playoffs though because he knows he's cold. That's what an unselfish player does. Demar on the other hand...

Lowry is still chucking...

In fact, last night he was 3/13 and 1/7from behind the arc

He shouldn't be shooting at all right now.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

Outside of getting JV the ball a bit more this team has absolutely no one else who can create...

No one else is allowed to shoot lol

It's the demar and Kyle show

Ps. You talk about creating. Derozan can't even do that himself. Look how many possessions he kills trying to create his own shot which bricks most of the time

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
No one else can shoot

Ps. You talk about creating. Derozan can't even do that himself. Look how many possessions he kills trying to create his own shot which bricks most of the time

He's not a great creator by any means (which is why he'll be out the door in a couple months), but he remains the only player on the team who can actually create separation from his defender.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Raptors didn't deserve to go to OT and their play in it resembled that fact. After a fluke shot to get the chance to win you would think they would have came out with some urgency in OT. They had the momentum and didn't use it going into OT.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

We have plenty of guys capable of hitting open jump shots. In fact, everyone else on the team is shooting a much higher FG% than Lowry and Derozan in the playoffs. It's up to them to distribute the ball.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Lowry is still chucking...

In fact, last night he was 3/13 and 1/7from behind the arc

He shouldn't be shooting at all right now.

I can live with those many attempts, but I agree that they shouldn't be jump shots. Until he finds his groove, he should only be driving the lane.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I loved when Jack Armstrong ripped the quiet ass fans when things weren't going their way and saying other NBA fan bases would be willing their team on instead of just being silent.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Also, for everyone complaining about the refs... the game shouldn't have even gone to OT

ChlS-2TW0AEGt5O.jpg

Lowry's foot is clearly on the line.

That makes me feel a bit better about the loss. Although it could be the angle and timing of the photo, and Lowry's foot is actually in the air. You'd think Spoelstra and the Heat staff would've gone loco if he actually stepped on it.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
We have plenty of guys capable of hitting open jump shots. In fact, everyone else on the team is shooting a much higher FG% than Lowry and Derozan in the playoffs. It's up to them to distribute the ball.

Making open jump shots isn't creating

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
People relax...we were all over Derozan in the Indiana series but he has found his game and stroke. Lowry will as well and when he does this series isn't even close. Yes we lost but we played badly. What was the score?? How close was it??? We will beat Miami. Relax

Add Lowry's better stroke and the game last night isn't even close. Relllllaaaaaaxxxxx

Last edited:

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Lowry has been taking far fewer shots in the playoffs though because he knows he's cold. That's what an unselfish player does. Demar on the other hand...

Lowry is averaging 14 field goal attempts in the playoffs. Not that far off from the 15.6 he averaged during the season.

He is still distributing the ball well though.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
People relax...we were all over Derozan in the Indiana series but he has found his game and stroke. Lowry will as well and when he does this series isn't even close. Yes we lost but we played badly. What was the score?? How close was it??? We will beat Miami. Relax

Add Lowry's better stroke and the game last night isn't even close. Relllllaaaaaaxxxxx
Demar finding his game and stroke, yet still shooting abysmally from the field....

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Demar finding his game and stroke, yet still shooting abysmally from the field....

Hey if he and Lowry average 20 points a game here on out. We beat the Heat regardless of shooting percentages. Did you watch how bad the Heat shoot the rock? They by no means are sharp shooters. Pretty bad actually.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I still love Lowry because the guy has heart. He never mailed it in, not for a second. He got his big contract but he kept on getting better. He works like a bulldog, and he badly wants to help his team win. Staying in the arena after the game, probably dead tired, and working on his shot is very commendable.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Are we just ignoring when he was hilariously overweight the second half of last season?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I still love Lowry because the guy has heart. He never mailed it in, not for a second. He got his big contract but he kept on getting better. He works like a bulldog, and he badly wants to help his team win. Staying in the arena after the game, probably dead tired, and working on his shot is very commendable.

He's doing his job that isn't necessarily commendable.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Right now, Lowry's being baited by the Heat to take open jumpers. He has to realize that when his shot's not going in, he can't be tempted to jack up those shots.

Still, as bad as Lowry has been, we're still a better team with him on the floor (both offensively and defensively). He needs to stop taking jumpers, and cause havoc by penetrating and playmaking.

Also, Casey desperately needs to make plays for JV and the team needs to find him more looks. He abused Whiteside offensively last game. Keep going at it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Right now, Lowry's being baited by the Heat to take open jumpers. He has to realize that when his shot's not going in, he can't be tempted to jack up those shots.

Still, as bad as Lowry has been, we're still a better team with him on the floor (both offensively and defensively). He needs to stop taking jumpers, and cause havoc by penetrating and playmaking.

Also, Casey desperately needs to make plays for JV and the team needs to find him more looks. He abused Whiteside offensively last game. Keep going at it.

Lowry got whipped by Dragic yesterday I am not sure they are necessarily better defensively when he's on the floor at least he wasn't yesterday.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
What a crazy game to be at. Some of those foul calls though had me scratching my head. The one where JV was called for an offensive foul for grabbing a rebound while getting hacked was the worst. At one point in the 4th, Raps had like 6 points combined between Joseph and Lowry. That just can't happen.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
What a crazy game to be at. Some of those foul calls though had me scratching my head. The one where JV was called for an offensive foul for grabbing a rebound while getting hacked was the worst. At one point in the 4th, Raps had like 6 points combined between Joseph and Lowry. That just can't happen.

Although it was on the far side of the arena and the scoreboard replay probably didn't do it justice, the foul on CoJo on the four point play looked baffling.

imapylon

Mar 6, 2016
When Lowry hit that 3 to send the game into overtime I yelled and scared the bejesus out of my wife

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No one else can shoot

He's not a great creator by any means (which is why he'll be out the door in a couple months), but he remains the only player on the team who can actually create separation from his defender.

Ross has the ability but just doesn't have the motivation to use his athleticism, I have no idea why a guy with his ability, height and speed doesn't attack more, he would have so many mis-matches to his advantage. Ross and Powell (more so in the coming years) have the ability to create separation. Powell already has a better shot than DeMar did at his age and is a wayyyy better defender. DD can leave and we can use his cap money on something else. Powell will easily replace DD. Powell has done nothing but impress me in his rookie year, kid is going to be so good once he gets a better jump shot.

I'll even go as far as saying if Powell works as hard as DD has in his career he'll end up being a better player than DD is. DeMar has worked extremely hard over the years to get where he's at, he was as raw as you could've gotten as a prospect, his shot wasn't that good, wasn't a good defender (still isn't) but he worked hard to get where he's at now. Give Powell that same work ethic and he will be an amazing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad