Raptors Discussion: V61 - Round 2 (post season play continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I also think that regardless JV will become an all-star. A dominant big man for years to come.

absolutely. He's a dying breed, and teams aren't equipped to deal with him. Especially, with the way the game has evolved into a 3 point shooters league. JV's ability to own the paint, slows the game down and changes the outcome against the modern teams. The Raptors have to find some perimeter defense though, it hasn't been good enough and that starts with DeRozan who has been dreadful.

Honestly, he's a real good regular season player but his defense isn't great and if he isn't going to score in the playoffs he's a liability. His insistence on shooting 18 footers off high screens with no one on glass is unacceptable. He has teammates that are hot, and he is just selfish and it costs them in the playoffs. Very frustrating player to watch right now.

I'd much rather go into next season without him and see what Powell can do in a starting role. Although, obviously the dream would be to get KD to play that 2 spot. It would be a nightmare for opposition. A player like Kevin that can play any position on the floor, 7 feet tall and one of the most fluid scorers to play the game. What a dream.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
They have depth, and a high pick this year (Knicks pick). However, I'd go very hard after KD. Offer him a max contract.

Even if DD and Bismack leave, that would open up about 18 mil in cap space. There's no chance. And I doubt he'd leave Westbrook just to play with Lowry sans DD. The only way KD signs for anything less than the max is to go to a true contender like GS and San Antonio (both teams will be aggressively pursuing him).

We'd probably have a better shot at trading our picks + Powell, etc. for Cousins.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Scola with a masterpiece today.

5 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0-2 (0-2 from 3), -13.

Quoting this mostly to let that stat like sink in. How Casey left him in that long is beyond me, but if we have to go to him again I'd rather Thompson get the minutes.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Monster win in Miami. Well done to the whole squad.

Is JV bad? It's become clear how important he is to the team now.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Usually when I believe we will lose the raptors win, when I start believing that they will win they start losing. This roller coaster is unbearable at times. But nights like these where I see heat fans salty I feel great. DBag was shooting during our anthem and the heat idiot fans cheered when our big fella got injured. Never seen anything like that before, even with our biggest rivals in the nhl I've never seen such disrespect.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That was huge. It took character to pull this one out on the road after JV's injury and and after Miami seized momentum late in the game.

As for Derozan, he almost cost us this game...again. He's got to go in the off season.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So JV has been the best player in these playoffs so far, but Lowry really carried us in this game

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Even if DD and Bismack leave, that would open up about 18 mil in cap space. There's no chance. And I doubt he'd leave Westbrook just to play with Lowry sans DD. The only way KD signs for anything less than the max is to go to a true contender like GS and San Antonio (both teams will be aggressively pursuing him).

We'd probably have a better shot at trading our picks + Powell, etc. for Cousins.

No we wouldn't.. Lol.

You sign and trade with OKC for Derozan. Derozan can go to OKC, we can get Durant. It opens a lot. Worst case scenario you move Powell (sadly) for Durant in a sign and trade. Sign and trade we can go above the cap. And the cap is sky rocketing.

IMO Durant over Derozan or any of the above mentioned, puts the Raptors in a completely different level in the East.

Not only that, but Durant came out and said money isn't everything. He said it's nice to have a lot of money but chasing a title is what it's really about. The Raptors are as close to a team as it comes with the way we're built. Coming here is everything he wants, because he doesn't have to do it all with Lowry, JV, Carroll. And he can play for his fav. team he watched growing up, and rep for a whole country.

He'd thrive here.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
No we wouldn't.. Lol.

You sign and trade with OKC for Derozan. Derozan can go to OKC, we can get Durant. It opens a lot. Worst case scenario you move Powell (sadly) for Durant in a sign and trade. Sign and trade we can go above the cap. And the cap is sky rocketing.

IMO Durant over Derozan or any of the above mentioned, puts the Raptors in a completely different level in the East.

Not only that, but Durant came out and said money isn't everything. He said it's nice to have a lot of money but chasing a title is what it's really about. The Raptors are as close to a team as it comes with the way we're built. Coming here is everything he wants, because he doesn't have to do it all with Lowry, JV, Carroll. And he can play for his fav. team he watched growing up, and rep for a whole country.

He'd thrive here.

Radiohead's scenario is far, far, far more likely than yours.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Didn't Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf get suspended years ago for disrespecting the anthems?

That was him saying his religion prevented him from standing for the anthems. IIRC there was some minor uproar over something similar with Danny Granger because his particular denomination (I want to say Jehovah's Witness?) frowned on standing for the anthem as some sort of idolatry.

This is worse though because there's no justification beyond him being a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->