Raptors Discussion: V61 - Round 2 (post season play continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
The "stars" have played terrible all playoffs. I think the bigger concern was that the bench players had a poor game as well.

agreed. it's unacceptable. but at some point they're gonna turn the corner and get back to what they were before, and with this defense we'll crush Miami.

Its also tough when you depend on FT's and being afraid to slash especially in the playoffs.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
lets just turn this thread into another matthews thread haha

Speaking of which, the NBA draft lottery takes place on May 17th.

Hopefully both NY and DEN move up. Would make up for these miserable playoffs.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I'm a bit disappointed with the raps play. After such a good regular season. I realize it's not over but they look nothing like the team I watched during the season. And DD just isn't good enough.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Derozen an Lowry are a disgrace. Absolute choke after choke.

Whoever signs derozen should have the GM fired the day after

Raps are done. Hope I'm wrong but I'm not

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
I'm not disagreeing. He drew a double and tried to dribble through it instead of passing to the open man for THE EXACT SHOT THEY NEEDED. The travel is just salt in the wound for me. This game was ultimately lost with how poorly Toronto's back court played. But NBA officials still leave a lot to be desired.

Call me stupid but I looked at that many times and tried to keep an unbiased opinion while doing it.....I don't see a travel on that play.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Speaking of which, the NBA draft lottery takes place on May 17th.

Hopefully both NY and DEN move up. Would make up for these miserable playoffs.

would be nice..wont expect it though. ran that simulator like 100 times and the moved up from 9 one time lol

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Not winning that game after making that shot to tie is something else

Even with that shot, the team was a dreadful 5-21 from the arc. Lowry can't shoot well but he still tried 7 times and only had this half-court attempt make it in....and this is a consistent pattern of jacking more 3s than the other team and doing it poorly.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Also, for everyone complaining about the refs... the game shouldn't have even gone to OT

ChlS-2TW0AEGt5O.jpg

Lowry's foot is clearly on the line.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Lowry still at the ACC at 12:30 AM.

Maybe all of this has gone to his head. Kyle has repeatedly denied that his elbow is causing his struggles. I am suspecting these issues are purely mental if he's staying on the court this late instead of treating that elbow.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
This reminds me strongly of the Washington series last year.

If Lowry's issues are mental (and it's looking to be that way more and more) it's a lot worse than an injured elbow IMO. Once doubt creeps into your game it can take forever to shake.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Kyle Lowry reg season - 21.2/6.4/4.7
Kyle Lowry playoffs - 13/7.4/4.1

he's shooting 30% and that sucks but you'd think he had like 5/1/1 stat lines with the way everyone and their cousin in here is ripping him to shreds

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Kyle Lowry reg season - 21.2/6.4/4.7
Kyle Lowry playoffs - 13/7.4/4.1

he's shooting 30% and that sucks but you'd think he had like 5/1/1 stat lines with the way everyone and their cousin in here is ripping him to shreds

If you're shooting 30% and you're elbow is bothering you, don't you think it might be a good idea to lay off the shots?

Which elbow is it anyways? I saw him holding his left elbow the other day. If it's his left elbow, that's not going to effect his shot IMO. Maybe it really is all in his head and he's just a choker?

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Sooo, I haven't been watching much of the post game stuff, but from what I've seen our media doesn't really ask the tough questions.

Like, have they asked casey why he lets Lowry and Derozan just chuck up shots whenever they want?? Where's the accountability?

Why hasn't our media asked Derozan and Lowry why they are choking every playoffs or why they feel the need to go to some ISO game with Derozan that clearly hasn't worked in 3 consecutive playoffs.

How bout why they continue to chuck up 3 point shots like they are going out of style?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sooo, I haven't been watching much of the post game stuff, but from what I've seen our media doesn't really ask the tough questions.

Like, have they asked casey why he lets Lowry and Derozan just chuck up shots whenever they want?? Where's the accountability?

Why hasn't our media asked Derozan and Lowry why they are choking every playoffs or why they feel the need to go to some ISO game with Derozan that clearly hasn't worked in 3 consecutive playoffs.

How bout why they continue to chuck up 3 point shots like they are going out of style?

What do you think this is? The Toronto hockey media?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
A poor as Lowry as has played, the bigger problem has been Derozan. Kyle does so many other things on the floor to help the team and create for his teammates. Demar thinks he's Michael Jordan. It's a joke watching him try to put the team on his back night after night wasting possessions and not sharing the ball.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Would you expect otherwise you have a guy like Bruce Arthur who's falling over himself and fawning over the Raptors. He knows as much about basketball as I know about nuclear physics. The media is just not knowledgeable enough to ask tougher questions.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Would you expect otherwise you have a guy like Bruce Arthur who's falling over himself and fawning over the Raptors. He knows as much about basketball as I know about nuclear physics. The media is just not knowledgeable enough to ask tougher questions.

Fair enough.

I just gotta think there are one or two reporters out there who know their **** that could ask some of the tough questions.

Instead, like you mentioned, they all just dawn all over the team and get all over their nuts.

For how pathetic this team has been, our broadcast crew and our media should be tearing them to shreds.

Instead, we have clowns like jack Armstrong blaming the fans for getting quiet during the games when our team goes quiet for extended periods of time.

It's a joke

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
A poor as Lowry as has played, the bigger problem has been Derozan. Kyle does so many other things on the floor to help the team and create for his teammates. Demar thinks he's Michael Jordan. It's a joke watching him try to put the team on his back night after night wasting possessions and not sharing the ball.

He's been doing this for 3+ seasons now, it's nothing new...

I have to agree with you about KL. I can live with the way he's playing because of the other things he does. That doesn't mean he shouldnt stop shooting so ****ing much. Use your dribble penetration to open up lanes for other guys who are actually capable of shooting right now. This doesn't include his bff Derozan btw.

Last edited:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Lowry played like a d-leaguer last night. If DeMar plays like that the rest of the series we'll probably be fine.

What killed me last night was JV eating Whiteside for lunch and then for (what felt like) 12 straight possessions in the 4th quarter everyone on the team starts taking contested jumpers. Work the damn ball inside. Then again after 4 years of it I shouldn't be surprised.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Instead, we have clowns like jack Armstrong blaming the fans for getting quiet during the games when our team goes quiet for extended periods of time.

It's a joke

Get that garbage outta here!!!!

Hellooooooo!!!

Matt Devlin sounded like he was going to cry talking about Lowry's shot last night. His high pitched tone when a guy shoots a 3 "Cory Jooooooooo for 3." Cory Joe sounds like the name of a girl in grade school you want to ask out on a date. Guys like Shaq, Kenny, Charles are funny because they only talk for a few minutes. Devlin and Jack need to stick to the game and leave the comedy to others.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He's been doing this for 3+ seasons now, it's nothing new...

I have to agree with you about KL. I can live with the way he's playing because of the other things he does. That doesn't mean he should stop shooting so ****ing much. Use your dribble penetration to open up lanes for other guys who are actually capable of shooting right now. This doesn't include his bff Derozan btw.

Lowry has been taking far fewer shots in the playoffs though because he knows he's cold. That's what an unselfish player does. Demar on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->