Raptors Discussion: v57|The long, short run to the end of the season (and playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

I think they're vastly improved over the two years prior, and play a brand of basketball far better suited for the playoffs.

Not sure which available player would have materially enhanced their ability to advance.

This and this.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Smart to stand pat.

Is it? Because another 1st round exit and heads are going to roll plus who knows if DD re-signs. The Raptors better get past the first round. They put a lot of faith in Scola, p pat and carroll

Also the raps better make sure they hit a home run on the Knicks pick...enough of the reaches like bebe. If you're not go g to trade the picks for help now then ffs! Get someone in the draft who can help right away. What's the saying on be bebe? 'He's 2 years away from being 2 years away'

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
RealGM servers keep crashing and the Raps didn't even make a trade, imagine they made one lol

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Is it? Because another 1st round exit and heads are going to roll plus who knows if DD re-signs. The Raptors better get past the first round. They put a lot of faith in Scola, p pat and carroll

Carroll coming back into the line up is huge. Almost like a trade without giving up parts.
And ya they better make it past the 1st round.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Carroll coming back into the line up is huge. Almost like a trade without giving up parts.
And ya they better make it past the 1st round.

All I'm saying is...they better hit a home run on the Knicks pick. You either trade for help now or get someone who can play now. No more reaches like bebe

Have to get these picks to work now

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
All I'm saying is...they better hit a home run on the Knicks pick. You either trade for help now or get someone who can play now. No more reaches like bebe

Masai's honeymoon is over as far as I am concerned. We all had some fun with 2 back to back franchise record breaking regular seasons, now it's time to advance in the playoffs. If they don't, there will be lots of heat on management. It does not matter to me whether the Raptors win 55 games or 45. Playoffs is all that matters. If they win 55 games but lose in the first round, the 55 wins will mean nothing.

cwulf

Dec 7, 2015

Also the raps better make sure they hit a home run on the Knicks pick...enough of the reaches like bebe. If you're not go g to trade the picks for help now then ffs! Get someone in the draft who can help right away. What's the saying on be bebe? 'He's 2 years away from being 2 years away'

Every pick outside the top 10 is a reach. And in half the drafts, it's the top 5.

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005

You're totally confused with who's who, aren't you? Lol

Bruno was our pick. Not Bebe. He was acquired via trade.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Right now isn't the moment to blow the load. If they get knocked out first round moves will be made in the summer. Standing pat right now does not necessarily mean that pick is not still trade bait.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

That's Bruno....Bebe wasn't drafted by the Raptors.

Again, not sure who you would have acquired that would have materially improved the team.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Masai's honeymoon is over as far as I am concerned. We all had some fun with 2 back to back franchise record breaking regular seasons, now it's time to advance in the playoffs. If they don't, there will be lots of heat on management. It does not matter to me whether the Raptors win 55 games or 45. Playoffs is all that matters. If they win 55 games but lose in the first round, the 55 wins will mean nothing.

lol what? Masai is elite and going no where. There's no honeymoon. This team is probably one of the better ones this franchise has had. Stop with this rubbish.

mikebel111*

lol what? Masai is elite and going no where. There's no honeymoon. This team is probably one of the better ones this franchise has had. Stop with this rubbish.

I think he means it as in if the team fails again in the playoffs.
I am a big fan of Masai, but I think there will be some heat coming his way in the summer if its another 1st round exit.
I do agree he has built a great roster

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Why would we overpay for guys who aren't upgrades?

Doesn't make sense at all. I'd rather stay put and hang onto a top 15 pick, then trade it and hope that some one is an upgrade.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Feeling I get is teams really wanted that ny 1st. Most likely reason nothing happened. I would have liked to get a little more depth at the pg/sg spot, but people have to remember wright isn't 19 he's 23 and is solid on the defense side of the floor along with being more then capable of spotting in to the lineup through the season.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
I do agree he has built a great roster

Ironically, this roster's core was really built by Colangelo. Masai traded Rudy and Primo, which have been instrumental for the culture change here.

I'm going to reserve judgement on him. I think him being patient is good for the franchise (i.e. not dealing Lowry or NYK/DEN pick), but there's room for him to make better decisions too (i.e. Ross contract, drafting).

cwulf

Dec 7, 2015
Those segways are this decades flock of seagulls haircuts. Embarrassing.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
How is anyone a reach at 20 in the NBA Draft?

This.

And Bruno always was and still is a project. He was drafted on raw physical attributes alone, in hopes that the basketball ability would come. He has actually come a long way this year in the D-league and I haven't given up on him yet.

As for Delon Wright, he was taken as a high floor low ceiling type of pick, and although he hasn't got many minutes behind Lowry and Joseph, he will prove to be a more than capable NBA backup PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad