Raptors Discussion: v54|It's on|5-2 Cancel all parades. the end has come. Everything REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Officially Bhullar is listed at 360 lbs.

Unofficially I would be shocked if he was less than 380 and not surprised at all if he tipped past 4-large.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Joel Embiid is probably going to miss all of 15-16 after he already missed all of 14-15.

I guess picking Okafor doesn't seem quite so dumb now.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Joel Embiid is probably going to miss all of 15-16 after he already missed all of 14-15.

I guess picking Okafor doesn't seem quite so dumb now.

It never really was dumb to begin with. He was the BPA in that situation and Embiid hasn't shown any optimism (health wise) to date.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
It never really was dumb to begin with. He was the BPA in that situation and Embiid hasn't shown any optimism (health wise) to date.

The red flags with his injury history leading up to the draft was good enough that the Sixers should have passed. Talented or not the guy looks poised to become the next Greg oden.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
The red flags with his injury history leading up to the draft was good enough that the Sixers should have passed. Talented or not the guy looks poised to become the next Greg oden.

They're referring to Okafor.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Turns out they're on tape delay. Tor/Chi (which is played today) isn't on TV until Monday morning. Tor/Hou (which is played Monday night) is on Tuesday afternoon.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Primo to the Nets. They're gonna be so terrible.

The division winner = automatic top 4 seed bit may be gone, but schedules are still supposedly tilted towards heavier divisional play, which means that the Raptors will see heavy doses of the (awful) Knicks, (awful) Nets, (iffy) Celtics, and (awful) Sixers.

No reason they can't chase 50 wins again and finish top 3 in the conference.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I guess the Nets needed a back-up big after trading Plumlee...

Still, that's going to be one horrific defensive team with Jack and Blake as their 1-2 point guards. Woooooof.

wulfio*

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Bucks, Celtics, pacers will be better than they were last year. I believe wiz, bulls, cavs, hawks are better than Raps. 3rd is highly unlikely. I think we're lucky to be in 5th.

Casey still sucks, and without Lou and GV hero ball, I don't see how his lack of an offensive scheme is going to translate in to any offense with our more defensive minded roster.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Bucks, Celtics, pacers will be better than they were last year. I believe wiz, bulls, cavs, hawks are better than Raps. 3rd is highly unlikely. I think we're lucky to be in 5th.

Casey still sucks, and without Lou and GV hero ball, I don't see how his lack of an offensive scheme is going to translate in to any offense with our more defensive minded roster.

So we're moving backwards? Great.

wulfio*

maybe not backwards. But definitely standing still compared to a lot of other teams in the East.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008

Chucking 3's mercilessly and giving everyone ISO's was not an effective offensive scheme. Lou may have been able to score in bunches, but he was streaky and when he wasn't producing, he was useless defensively. And GV just flat out sucks.

I do agree that we'll finish in the 4-6 range though.

wulfio*

Chucking 3's mercilessly and giving everyone ISO's was not an effective offensive scheme. Lou may have been able to score in bunches, but he was streaky and when he wasn't producing, he was useless defensively. And GV just flat out sucks.

I do agree that we'll finish in the 4-6 range though.

I don't know exactly what you're disagreeing with. That's exactly what I said.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 20m20 minutes ago
Toronto Raptors finalizing a partial-guaranteed deal with forward Ronald Roberts, a source said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad