Raptors Discussion: v54|It's on|5-2 Cancel all parades. the end has come. Everything REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The DeAndre Jordan fiasco that was being discussed last night in this and the Blue Jays thread. Raptors got their players without resorting to holding players hostage in their house until a contract was signed.

oh that doesn't sound like fun. obviously, hostage NBA contracts would be more fun :laugh:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Watching NBA TV and they said Deron wants out from the Nets so he can join the Mavs.

Can we peg Cuban for tampering? Please?

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
3 guaranteed games:

Friday Jul 10th @ 6:30pm et/3:30pm pt vs Sacramento
Sunday Jul 12th @ 6pm et/3pm pt vs Chicago
Monday Jul 13th @ 10pm et/7pm pt vs Houston

after that there's the elimination tourney where the time and games are tba.

The roster:

Centres
Dallin Bachynski*
Jordan Bachynski*
Lucas Nogueira#

Forwards
Bruno Caboclo#
DeAndre Daniels#
Michale Kyser
Ronald Roberts
Mitchell Watt
Axel Toupane

Guards
Delon Wright#
Norman Powell#
Drew Crawford
Phil Greene IV
Gary Talton
Philip Scrubb*

*Canadian
#On Raptors roster/rights held by Raptors.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/07/09/raptors-summer-league-schedule-kings-bulls-and-rockets/

Thank You.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
1st impressions from summer league game on now:

Nogueira has bulked up. He's not there yet in terms of NBA size, but he's getting there.

Bruno's rocking a sweet 80s high-top fade. :laugh:

It's a little hard for me to scout things easily because Shaw doesn't provide NBA TV Canada in HD and the video quality is ****ty.

Starting lineup is Nogueira (C), Caboclo (SF), Powell (SG), Wright (PG), and summer league invite Ronald Roberts (PF).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nice run there for Bruno. Off the turnover he stayed aside of his man and then pulled a nice sidestep to loop an underhand scoop into the basket for the and-1.

It's funny watching him run. He's so long that its like he's just sort of loping along at half-speed but he's staying ahead of the pack.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sim Bhullar out there for the Kings. He's looking like end-of-the-career Shaq with how portly he is. And his game is still really raw. He could use a conditioning program to go along with working on his game.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He's so awkward to watch when running. When he gets the confidence to blows by people, he'll be fun to watch on the fast break. I think his ball handling needs work too. Again hopefully that comes with confidence but he seems really awkward with it.

Noguiera really does look bigger. He looks wider. Hopefully he gets some minutes this year.

Bhullar is HUGE. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
7 pts (game's leading scorer), 3 rebs in teh 1st Q for Bruno.

He still looks like a 19-year old kid, but there's progress from last year. Give him time, confidence, and a lot of d-league minutes with the Raps' new minor squad and he'll be just fine I think. the pieces are there, it's just a matter of putting them together.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
They said our only key loss was Amir Johnson.

No love for Lou :(

Gonna miss his swagger.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Raptors need to keep running. If we keep it up they gonna need a forklift to get Bhullar outta there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He's so awkward to watch when running. When he gets the confidence to blows by people, he'll be fun to watch on the fast break. I think his ball handling needs work too. Again hopefully that comes with confidence but he seems really awkward with it.

Noguiera really does look bigger. He looks wider. Hopefully he gets some minutes this year.

Bhullar is HUGE. :laugh:

It is awkward watching Bruno run. I think because he does take those long, bounding, gazelle strides instead of really pumping his legs. The nice thing so far is that if he can just shoot for now (which it looks like he can) he could get some occasional Raptors minutes to ease him into while getting a lot of time in the d-league. The extra 6 inches of hair also makes him look extra long :sarcasm:

Nogueira does look a lot wider. I saw it first in the close up at the line, you could see a lot of growth in his shoulders and arms, he didn't look like a stick anymore. It's a positive step while he seems to be retaining his good agility and quickness for a big. Maybe it means down the road he is more of a tall 4 rather than a 5, but he's definitely doing the things that are gonna get him to the NBA.

and Bhullar looks like he might've eaten his camp competetion in order to get minutes out there. Like I said he does look like end-of-the-line Boston/Cleveland Shaq who was listed at 325 but was obviously closer to 375-380 with what seemed like a "IDGAF, I'll eat 6 cheeseburgers for my gameday meal if I want" routine)

Also cool to see that Carroll is at the game, sitting with and talking with Coach Casey. It's not even camp yet and he's already working hard. Good to see.

Jonas is there too, it looks like.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raptors need to keep running. If we keep it up they gonna need a forklift to get Bhullar outta there.

He couldn't have played more than 4 or 5 minutes in the 1st Q but when he came out of the game he looked like he'd been running windsprints/suicides for 20 minutes straight. He was GASSED.

At his size there's no reason he can't be useful in some capacity (even allowing for his less-than-impressive foot speed) but he would really benefit from dropping 30-40 pounds and getting into something that resembles game-shape. 7'5 or not, he ain't gonna just out-body guys in the NBA based solely on mass.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He couldn't have played more than 4 or 5 minutes in the 1st Q but when he came out of the game he looked like he'd been running windsprints/suicides for 20 minutes straight. He was GASSED.

At his size there's no reason he can't be useful in some capacity (even allowing for his less-than-impressive foot speed) but he would really benefit from dropping 30-40 pounds and getting into something that resembles game-shape. 7'5 or not, he ain't gonna just out-body guys in the NBA based solely on mass.

He's gonna be that huge even if he gets some decent cardio. No team is going to want a guy that has a hard time making it up and down the court twice.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
was interesting earlier that I read something about Masai/Casey (I forget who) saying that the plan with James Johnson this year was to play him more at the 4 where his athleticism will make him a better defensive option (and as a side benefit, he won't have quite the same free reign to go off-script and play heroball like he might on the wing)

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I like the idea of him being in the post more. I don't know if a lot of the 4s can keep up with him from outside the key into the post. Keep him within the 3 point line where he can drive and he's more effective.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
45-32 @ the half in favor of the Raps.

Bruno and Powell tied for game-high in points (10)

Bruno is 4-6 from the field, 2-2 from deep, has 4 boards, 3 steals, and 2 turnovers. Unsettlingly he's missed all 3 of his FTs.

Nogueira has 6 points on 2-3 from the floor and 2-2 FTs and 5 boards, but has committed 3 fouls.

Wright is 1-3 from the field, but has 6 assists, a steal, and no turnovers.

Powell has, beyond his 10 points, a block, a steal, and 2 boards.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DeAndre Daniels not playing because he broke a bone in his foot. This was the same injury Durant had, though his didn't heal right and cost him waaay longer. Recovery time is supposed to be about 2 months.

Tough blow.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Bhullar will head to Europe before long, trying to grasp at any job he can get.

With the way that the NBA is transitioning, he's not going to be able to cover an athletic 5 or any other 5.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Got tickets last night for Raptors/Clippers in Vancouver this October.

I should get a DeAndre Jordan Mavs jersey and hold a giant sign that says "Why?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad