Raptors Discussion: v53 | Raps' hostage-free FA signings | Joseph/Carroll presser Thu 9th @10am ET/7am PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun, don’t be surprised if former NBA star Jerry Stackhouse winds up being added to the Toronto Raptors as player development coach.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/20/anthopoulos-wouldnt-deserve-to-be-fired

The news is relatively quiet around the Raptors these days, but don’t be surprised if former star Jerry Stackhouse winds up being added to the team as player development coach. The additions to Dwane Casey’s coaching staff won’t be named until after Thursday’s NBA draft ...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raps bringing in more prospects on the 23rd of June for workouts , does this mean their moving on up in the draft. :help:

No. Well, not "no" for sure, but I wouldn't make that connection out of necessity. This is a wide open draft once you get past about 7-12, so it obviously behooves the Raptors to work out as many guys as they can so that they're not caught blindsided if there's a big run on players they like before their pick. Plus there's always the opportunity in NBA drafts for teams to trade into the late 1st or 2nd round for cash or other minimal outlays, so maybe they're trying out guys they might want past 20 too in case those opportunities present themselves.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Raptors trading JV to upgrade to Lawson?

No thx.

If a move like that happened KL would be traded. And you would have to imagine there would be no Lawson trade if there wasn't already a KL trade in place.

I dunno, I like JV but not sold on him becoming the player everyone imagined him to turn out to being. THat said, Lawson is a awesome PG but he's way to injury prone and there wold have to be more then just TL coming back Toronto's way if JV is the piece going the other..

Where was this even a topic I haven't heard it till you just posted it.??

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
If a move like that happened KL would be traded. And you would have to imagine there would be no Lawson trade if there wasn't already a KL trade in place.

I dunno, I like JV but not sold on him becoming the player everyone imagined him to turn out to being. THat said, Lawson is a awesome PG but he's way to injury prone and there wold have to be more then just TL coming back Toronto's way if JV is the piece going the other..

Where was this even a topic I haven't heard it till you just posted it.??

Someone posted that for us to get Lawson Wed have to part with JV and I thought he was so out to lunch I had to say something.

Not fair to judge JV until Casey stops ****ing around with him. Quite honestly its one of the reasons I'm so, so disappointed that Casey is back for next season.

Back to Lawson...he has way too much mileage on him. You have to think Denver is trying to move him on a high after his last season which was pretty darn good

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
No interest in Lawson. Is he really an upgrade on Lowry? I don't think so.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I agree.. I don't want him either because of health issues. But yea he's an upgrade on KL.... and defiantly not worth trading JV for...

Easily an upgrade. Lowry is a bit overrated around these parts.

Again, what I meant by upgrade is that Lowry isn't the weakness of the team. So why would we deal one of our better chips going forward for something that isn't a weakness? If anything we should be looking for a defensive upgrade on Vasquez and some rebounding / defensive help for JV. Our starting PG isn't the problem, it's basically shuffling the deck for the sake of shuffling the deck.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Again, what I meant by upgrade is that Lowry isn't the weakness of the team. So why would we deal one of our better chips going forward for something that isn't a weakness? If anything we should be looking for a defensive upgrade on Vasquez and some rebounding / defensive help for JV. Our starting PG isn't the problem, it's basically shuffling the deck for the sake of shuffling the deck.

Well no KL isn't a weakness, I also agree that I can see the raptors finding a taker for GV and going after someone like Lin just my feeling. Problem is We lack the defensive gifted players, or even rounded players who get it done at both ends.

Val isn't the defensive presence people thought he would turn into. He's still a foul monster and has a lot of brain cramps on picking up on defensive assignments.

In fact nobody in Toronto's starting group had a particularly good defensive seasons last year. A lot of this blame has to be shouldered by the coach, I mean your a defensive coach and your team plays like that on the defensive end? Masi is going to have a lot of work cut out for him we need a starting SF, a Starting PF and still hope to find a imo good backup PG, along with a backup centre.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be let down wen the roster takes it shape for opening night. I would love to be optimistic but I just don't see anything great happening. I know what I would like to see happen, but the reality is, we are going to have to really over pay to get someone in and we have too many holes to blow it all on one player.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Still wish we tanked for Wiggins....*shrug*

We'll have him in a few years. don't worry.....

On a side note I really hope Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is there at our pick.. Athletic, he's a great passer great defensive player, his **** is streaky but he's a hard worker. He's dedicated, a gym rat and always looking to get better. My cousin went to his college and said he's an unreal player. His **** is a bit odd but with work it should come right. The kid has all the makings of being a solid NBA player down the road. Don't know if he will be a star but if he works on his shot and it comes right the sky's the limit.

There is always risk, but his defence and Athleticism alone probably give him a ticket of at least making the league as a solid bench player. If he reaches his potential he would be a steal at 20.

Last edited:

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
George Karl is pushing for the Kings to trade Cousins. There are reports that the Lakers, Magic and Kings have had exploratory trade talks. The proposed deal:

To LA
Boogie
6th overall

To Sacramento
Vucevic, 5th overall, other draft picks

To Orlando
2nd overall

Yes, you read that correctly. LA would be getting Boogie AND the 6th overall pick for the 2nd overall pick. If this happens, **** the NBA. :laugh:

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Lool, so the Kings want to trade Cousins. The Kings make me feel lucky that im a Raptors fan.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
George Karl is pushing for the Kings to trade Cousins. There are reports that the Lakers, Magic and Kings have had exploratory trade talks. The proposed deal:

To LA
Boogie
6th overall

To Sacramento
Vucevic, 5th overall, other draft picks

To Orlando
2nd overall

Yes, you read that correctly. LA would be getting Boogie AND the 6th overall pick for the 2nd overall pick. If this happens, **** the NBA. :laugh:

Can teams just stop giving the Lakers a franchise C? Go get your own.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Lool, so the Kings want to trade Cousins. The Kings make me feel lucky that im a Raptors fan.

If their management could use lessons from the MLSE, then you know something is wrong with that franchise.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

Well, not exactly.

New head coach George Karl wants to trade him. Apparently Divac is not interested in doing so but Karl is pushing hard.

Honestly if I was Divac I'd just cut ties with Karl and say thx but no thanks.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Joey Vendetta gets Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri on the line to discuss his work with charity, the church shooting in Charleston, whether he feels this team is at a crossroads after a disappointing playoff performance, the role of the big man in light of the Golden State Warriors’ success, looking ahead to free agency, his impression of the 2015 NBA Draft class, and the development of Bruno Caboclo.

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/Masai-Ujiri-with-Joey-Vendetta-jb-20150623-Interview.mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad