Raptors Discussion: v53 | Raps' hostage-free FA signings | Joseph/Carroll presser Thu 9th @10am ET/7am PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Listen, I get I'm a bit more down on demar than some here but how do you not mention that he is a pretty brutal shooter while mentioning every other players pros/cons.

He's a slasher who can get to the line but imagine how much better he would be if he could shoot?

Last year was a noticeably awful year for DD shooting wise. He not only attempts shots in the worst area of the floor known to man (unless your name is Dirk), but he did it at an excruciatingly poor efficiency.

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=201942

Jump shots, honestly, he can stick those for the most part. The problem with him is his needless attempts at turnarounds, fadeaways, pullups, step backs, floaters, you name it. I'm hoping next season he looks for the extra pass more often and steers clear of those shot selections. He has to know that he can't keep falling back on an ISO when he has multiple options on the floor.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Last year was a noticeably awful year for DD shooting wise. He not only attempts shots in the worst area of the floor known to man (unless your name is Dirk), but he did it at an excruciatingly poor efficiency.

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=201942

Jump shots, honestly, he can stick those for the most part. The problem with him is his needless attempts at turnarounds, fadeaways, pullups, step backs, floaters, you name it. I'm hoping next season he looks for the extra pass more often and steers clear of those shot selections. He has to know that he can't keep falling back on an ISO when he has multiple options on the floor.

He'll only change if Casey benches him when he takes dumb shots, but Casey doesn't do that. DD even said himself, him, Lou and KL were the primary offensive guys last year, no mention of ball movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad