Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Don't know if this has been posted yet:
Report: Jake DeBrusk Back On Trade Block.

Pearson - A winger with a good shot, Pearson also controls the puck very well. Likes going to the net. Is a quick skater and has good hockey sense.

t's becoming clear that the youngster needs a change of scenery to find his game again and that change of scenery might be in Vancouver.
NHL insider Bob McKenzie pointed out how general manager Don Sweeney has positioned himself perfectly for the trade deadline with an expected $14million in cap space.
Bruins' insider Joe Haggerty confirms that Sweeney has been talking with Canucks GM Jim Benning and that DeBrusk along with Vancouver Canucks forward Tanner Pearson are more than likely part of the deal.
While Pearson has struggled at times, he's done better than DeBrusk and has nine points in 27 games which includes five goals as he heads into his contract year.
Would you make a deal like this?

Reactions: Gordoff

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Don't know if this has been posted yet:
Report: Jake DeBrusk Back On Trade Block.

I looked it up and the original source for this is Jimmy Murphy speculating that Tanner Pearson could be available and Jake DeBrusk could also be available so surely Sweeney and Benning have talked. Not going to link to his shitty website and give him clicks but it comes right up if you Google "Murphy Pearson DeBrusk"

So rest assured, this isn't a real thing lol

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Debrusk + Bjork
For
Palmieri + Wood

1st + Vaakanainen
For
Ekholm

Not sure of the trade values here but this would make the Bruins better.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If you’re at that point with a GM, why is he still the GM? Unless that’s just how it’s always been.
Vancouver also has to sign off on any transactions, like Sweeney does in consultation in Providence as well, the only thing they don't control is those who are Blues prospects in Utica, due to the shared affiliation.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If you’re at that point with a GM, why is he still the GM? Unless that’s just how it’s always been.

They are about to lose a ton of money. Aquilini won't let him extend his coach, only to fire him and have to pay two coaches. And Benning's trades have brought in a lot of wasted money, spent poorly and so on. He won't let him continue down that path.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What are you talking about?
when Sweeney was AGM...

AGAIN, Providence cannot breathe without having to approve a transaction by Boston, which is what the PDC states between an NHL Club and its affiliate, just like your statement that Benning cannot breathe or make a move without authorization from Aquillini.

affiliates like Providence or Utica, in the above example you mentioned originally.... the only caveat is the Blues are a secondary affiliate....just as Florida is in Syracuse and Nashville is with Chicago while Springfield, Charlotte, and Milwaukee, who are privately owned... opted out.

it's also why Providence isn't in their arena, but at the NESC.

then in Utica's case, since the Comets are owned by the Canucks, Esche has to sign off on that transaction.

this is the negative side of being a division of the parent club under own/operated affiliate.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Might be the Guiness talking but I'm thinking this guy .... cheap and can be had not giving up much. Look him up!
Mattias Janmark

I looked him up but wasn’t particularly impressed...

21 points last year, 25 points the year before. He is off to a good start this year but he’s shooting at a career high %. He’s 10% for his career and shooting at 17% so far this season. I would expect that to cool off. He’s not big, or physical or particularly tenacious. Shoots left. I don’t see how he’d help.

Maybe he’s a guy you have to watch a lot to appreciate?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
when Sweeney was AGM...

AGAIN, Providence cannot breathe without having to approve a transaction by Boston, which is what the PDC states between an NHL Club and its affiliate, just like your statement that Benning cannot breathe or make a move without authorization from Aquillini.

affiliates like Providence or Utica, in the above example you mentioned originally.... the only caveat is the Blues are a secondary affiliate....just as Florida is in Syracuse and Nashville is with Chicago while Springfield, Charlotte, and Milwaukee, who are privately owned... opted out.

it's also why Providence isn't in their arena, but at the NESC.

then in Utica's case, since the Comets are owned by the Canucks, Esche has to sign off on that transaction.

this is the negative side of being a division of the parent club under own/operated affiliate.

I still have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Are you saying the Bruins can't trade a prospect in the AHL without Providence's permission?

They can trade whoever they want as long as they have an NHL contract. They don't belong to Providence, they belong to Boston. Besides, the GM in Providence is JFJ. He's involved in all trade discussions anyway lol.

Anyway, pointless conversation. This has nothing to do with the original point that Benning can't make a move without Aquilini. You always seem to go way off topic in your responses to me. From now on, I will just leave you in your own little world.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I still have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Are you saying the Bruins can't trade a prospect in the AHL without Providence's permission?

They can trade whoever they want as long as they have an NHL contract. They don't belong to Providence, they belong to Boston. Besides, the GM in Providence is JFJ. He's involved in all trade discussions anyway lol.

Anyway, pointless conversation. This has nothing to do with the original point that Benning can't make a move without Aquilini. You always seem to go way off topic in your responses to me. From now on, I will just leave you in your own little world.
no affiliate can truly sign anybody without the permission of the parent club, Dom.... those rights are layed out subject to what each is responsible for...

in some cases, as with arena leases, the parent club can negotiate those, but in some cases those are solely on the affiliate, as with Portland in 2014/15

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
no affiliate can truly sign anybody without the permission of the parent club, Dom.... those rights are layed out subject to what each is responsible for...

in some cases, as with arena leases, the parent club can negotiate those, but in some cases those are solely on the affiliate, as with Portland in 2014/15

Dude. WTF does this have to do with my comment about Aquilini/Benning???????????????????????????

Give it a rest will you!! Please!!!

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Lateral at it’s very best. Again if that’s the gist of it I would rather be patient with Debrusk. Thought it was good against the caps, brought it. Let’s see if he can build off of it.

Haven't we long since past the point of "patient"? Are there signs of anything there?

I think the longer we keep him the more we have a guy in our lineup eating top 9 minutes who does absolutely nothing, and the less value he has in trade. I have zero idea why we still have him, other than the fact our GM is overpatient.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Assuming Carlo is out mid to long term, a trade for Ekholm makes sense now. Think we could package Debrusk + Vaak + Senyshyn + 1st + another pick for Forsberg and Ekholm?

Reactions: Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Haven't we long since past the point of "patient"? Are there signs of anything there?

I think the longer we keep him the more we have a guy in our lineup eating top 9 minutes who does absolutely nothing, and the less value he has in trade. I have zero idea why we still have him, other than the fact our GM is overpatient.
You are reacting to a point and not taking it in the context it was given.

Debrusk for Pearson is a crappy trade for Boston. I would rather be patient with Debrusk than make that deal. That’s the point I made.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pearson - A winger with a good shot, Pearson also controls the puck very well. Likes going to the net. Is a quick skater and has good hockey sense.

t's becoming clear that the youngster needs a change of scenery to find his game again and that change of scenery might be in Vancouver.
NHL insider Bob McKenzie pointed out how general manager Don Sweeney has positioned himself perfectly for the trade deadline with an expected $14million in cap space.
Bruins' insider Joe Haggerty confirms that Sweeney has been talking with Canucks GM Jim Benning and that DeBrusk along with Vancouver Canucks forward Tanner Pearson are more than likely part of the deal.
While Pearson has struggled at times, he's done better than DeBrusk and has nine points in 27 games which includes five goals as he heads into his contract year.
Would you make a deal like this?
They want to be patient but he’s regressed

Lauko is a feisty fast kid who’s close - here is his fight yesterday- he’s tough

Parker Wotherspoon vs. Jakub Lauko, March 04, 2021 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers vs. Providence Bruins

I would rather move DeBrusk in a deal for someone like Ekholm but two problems - expansion and Preds carrying to many passengers and right now that’s what DeBrusk sadly is

DeBrusk becoming a higher level Spooner where he’s going to get paid next year and there may not be a spot based on how he’s playing now

I don’t want Pearson for him although I don’t hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad